Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Stormkeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Qilintha Posted - 31 Jul 2019 : 17:07:25
Greetings all, I was just reading the Questions to the almighty Ed and he mentions the story of the "Ghost Dragon" Araunthroun

Link here:http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15988&whichpage=38

This almost 3000 years old dragon, according to Ed, lived in the Fallen Lands and got help from some wizards to achieve immortality by draining magic from magic items ( So I'd say Shadow Weave wizards since it's a very much improved version of what a shadowslain undead creature can do). And then I noticed how also in the Fallen Lands lies Stormkeep , an huge tower accessible only through Portal or by flying...
Could it be the place where those wizards back then conceived such a ritual on the dragon...and...also the place where Araunthroun studies a way to gain back a tangible powerful body.

According to the forgotten wiki Stormkeep is often visited by dragons for healing ( that could have been always the same...as from what Ed says Araunthroun changes size when regaining form and its translucency might , from a distance fool on the scale colour during different moments of the day...or actually Araunthroun changing his shape in order to hide such a location as one of his lairs ( He was called Shapechanger after all). Also inside the Keep several vats holding limbs( human or not) in translucent oils with incredible healing powers...so it's clearly a lab of some sort...I'd love to direct my question to Ed but before doing so I wanted to hear the opinion from others much more creative, knowleadgeable intuitive sages to know if I might be onto something.

Stormkeep link here : https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Stormkeep

Thanks in advance for your replies ^^
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 27 Feb 2020 : 02:35:13
Seeker Qilintha,

I hope this doesn't sound obtuse of me, but...

Would you mind rephrasing the questions?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Qilintha

Greetings all, I was just reading the Questions to the almighty Ed and he mentions the story of the "Ghost Dragon" Araunthroun

Link here:http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15988&whichpage=38

This almost 3000 years old dragon, according to Ed, lived in the Fallen Lands and got help from some wizards to achieve immortality by draining magic from magic items ( So I'd say Shadow Weave wizards since it's a very much improved version of what a shadowslain undead creature can do). And then I noticed how also in the Fallen Lands lies Stormkeep , an huge tower accessible only through Portal or by flying...
Could it be the place where those wizards back then conceived such a ritual on the dragon...and...also the place where Araunthroun studies a way to gain back a tangible powerful body.

According to the forgotten wiki Stormkeep is often visited by dragons for healing ( that could have been always the same...as from what Ed says Araunthroun changes size when regaining form and its translucency might , from a distance fool on the scale colour during different moments of the day...or actually Araunthroun changing his shape in order to hide such a location as one of his lairs ( He was called Shapechanger after all). Also inside the Keep several vats holding limbs( human or not) in translucent oils with incredible healing powers...so it's clearly a lab of some sort...I'd love to direct my question to Ed but before doing so I wanted to hear the opinion from others much more creative, knowleadgeable intuitive sages to know if I might be onto something.

Stormkeep link here : https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Stormkeep

Thanks in advance for your replies ^^

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000