Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Eleven settlement, not homeland

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Valen Posted - 07 Jul 2019 : 14:46:55
What do you all think about the idea of an Elven community/clan starting a settlement through which they can participate in the larger world around them as more and more return to Faerun? I'm not talking about reviving an old Kingdom or stronghold, but more about a base of operations that definitely belongs to them that allows for them to be a part of the greater world while maintaining their cultural integrity.

I'm considering an island, not like Evermeet, but one that falls along some new trade routes that would encourage travel on and off on the part of community members, that would economically tie the Elves to the societies/nations/races living nearby, and that would at the same time show that the Elves have a place in the evolution of life on Toril.

I love Elves but not the idea that they must remain separate to be safe.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BenN Posted - 08 Jul 2019 : 00:54:26
You mentioned that you're "not talking about reviving an old Kingdom or stronghold", but it seems to me that this is probably the best bet for establishing a 'new' elven settlement in Faerun.

A couple of ideas spring to mind:

1) The wood elves in the High Forest are trying to re-establish the kingdom of Eaerlann.

2) Iliyanbruen (New Sharandar) has been re-established in Neverwinter Wood.

Also, while Evereska cannot been described as 'new', with the influx of refugees from Myth Drannor, the elves there may become more outward-looking, less xenophobic, and more willing to become involved with the outside world.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000