Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Suggest some modules for me to run!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ozreth Posted - 30 May 2019 : 05:09:04
I need some inspiration folks. I've taken a several year hiatus from DMing to be a player. Before that I was my groups main DM for around 15 years. I'm a fan of the realms although I run it loosely. I'm also a really big fan of running published modules. Not because I'm lazy or not creative enough, but because by running them I get to experience these works myself in a similar way to the players, and I love seeing how they're crafted and unfold. That being said, I don't always run them straight. Like many of you I alter them, taking and leaving what I want. I also enjoy stringing modules together and adding tons of my own plots and adventures in between.

Anyways, now that you've got some background, here is my problem: I'm running out of modules to pillage! I've been lucky enough to run many of the (realms and not realms) modules that I've wanted to over the years, which includes many of the classics.

I'm looking for some inspiration here. Realms modules or mega adventures that I may not be thinking of that are worth playing, non realms ones that are easy enough to plop into the setting, etc. I'm looking for something that involves a little bit of everything. Dungeon crawling, urban settings, wilderness etc. Low level to start. Nothing that stays in the Underdark too long. And we do love the North. I will say that I've never gotten to run or play anything involving Undermountain...

This is pretty broad, I know, but I'm also not looking for anything specific, just some fun ideas to boost my inspiration after my time away from such things. I'm looking at using the OGB for my setting material, but year/system of adventures are irrelevant to me. I can make anything work. And I welcome 3pp stuff that can fit. Been looking at Lost City of Barakus recently.

Thanks!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ozreth Posted - 01 Jun 2019 : 02:30:07
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/UnderIllefarnAnew.pdf

Wow, this is exactly what I came here for, and I didn't even know it! Thank you! This looks fantastic and the original is one I had considered running years ago. We'll be using 5e but this should be simple enough to convert on the go.

Now I just need to get the thing printed and bound...
Diffan Posted - 31 May 2019 : 22:55:06
Also, here's the full list of Living Forgotten Realms adventures for you to read through. While they're all 4th Edition, the plots encompass a LOT of the Realms, most dealing with Cormyr, Sembia, Myth Drannor, the Sword Coast, the Western Heartlands (namely Elturel) with bits hitting on Calimshan, Aglarond, and the Moonsea.

Living Forgotten Realms

The two updates to Scepter Tower can be found here as well. I think they are PREQ3-1 Shrouded Vision and ADCP3-2 From Dusk Til Dawn.

What I think is cool about these is that they have a lot of ways for player characters to interact as they are "Battle Interactive". Originally the idea was at a Con each table would be playing through different versions of the adventure and based on their success or failure, would make your table's job easier or harder. Of course you can always just randomly roll how the other engagements work out too (which is what I intend to do).
Diffan Posted - 31 May 2019 : 22:44:49
Hm, well lets see....

Tales of the Yawning Portal has 7 adventures ranging from urban crawls to dungeons and in-between. They're all for 5th Edition but it shouldn't be too hard to convert.

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor also for 5e but has a bunch of adventure in that area and is pretty good.

Sons of Gruumsh one of my favorite 3.5 adventures, takes place in Thar and Melvaunt for a fun Moonsea adventure.

Scepter Tower of Spellgard I just finished running the adventure and there's two more installments that advance the plot of this adventure for the whole region of The North. It's originally for 4e but the story was good.
Gary Dallison Posted - 30 May 2019 : 18:32:13
And not at all a shameless plug by mr boyd, but it is a damn good campaign.
ericlboyd Posted - 30 May 2019 : 18:23:48
http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/UnderIllefarnAnew.pdf
The Arcanamach Posted - 30 May 2019 : 15:33:01
There are some Paizo (Pathfinder) adventure paths that can be adapted for the Realms.

Skull and Shackles would be fairly easy.

A little work and Rise of the Runelords can work as well.

If you like drow there's always Second Darkness.

If you're willing to set a player up as a regent then Kingmaker will work, although depending on how close you like to stick to canon you may want to set it in a more 'out of the way' area like the Border Kingdoms or set it somewhere that you don't mind changing.

I think Wrath of the Righteous would be difficult to transplant because it focuses on the Worldwound in the Golarion setting.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000