Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Deer/elk/moose creations

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 04 Feb 2019 : 16:44:01
Hey,

Just wanting to create a throwback reference for my Metahel Pantheon. I'm referencing a father god to Yuellar (i.e. Norse version of Ullr, kind of) on Sifya (a vaguely similar version to Sif). Thus, the child will be the stepson of Thoros (Thor-like, with many hints to other similar gods), just like Ullr was. The father god I'm having as a sea god who is now dead, and father also to a sun god (Freyr-like) and a love/nature/river deity which will be a somewhat mix of Freya and Idun.

Anyway, I got it in my head that my Sifya will be a goddess of more than just skill in combat. She will be a goddess of animal husbandry specifically involving horses and horned mounts. So, looking on the story of Poseidon, he's noted as creating horses in order to impress Demeter, but he supposedly made many beasts before getting the perfect animal. He also apparently made Pegasus, and that drew to mind a white winged deer. So, that being said, I'm just wanting some ideas for some throw away references to some "sub-standard" models of horned animals before he created her perfect mount. I'm just wanting a few more, and just a descriptive name. This is what I wrote up so far.

Sifya rides upon a giant, flying, red coated caribou with an enormous rack of antlers, between which float rotating, glowing, golden runes involving flight, speed, and defense. This mount, Duneyrr, was a part of her dowry from Faeyordon. Faeyordon is attributed with creating the white-winged hart, star-hoofed caribou, and dire moose by the Metahel people when Sifya asked him to create an animal of beauty to impress her, all creations being earlier versions than Duneyrr.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000