Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Athkatlan Societa of Trade (ASTRA)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
covalenz Posted - 08 Jan 2019 : 04:07:20
Servus,

I Want to share a small Homebrew project IŽm working on: An Atlas for the Moonsea region, through an in-game institution: The Athkatlan Societa of Trade (ASTRA).

Fully funded by the merchant guilds of the city, ASTRA seeks to expand the influence of AthkatlaŽs economy and improve trade ties with other regions-states of Faerun, through the collection and survey of geographical, political and relevant data. Power through knowledge and trade.

The meta of the thing: I like atlases and maps and i wanted to try a more ''toned down'' look and feel for the game. Under a sort of Humboldtian/Rugendian approach; maps, field notes, sketches, plans, commentary. Why The Moonsea? IŽve always thought it was an intriguing place and I never fully understood how a region could be ''Evil'' or ''Bad''. Full discoslure: In my personal Faerun, Cormyr is a warmongering military state, and there are no ''good guys'', just common goals.

I came to the forum as per the suggestion of a fellow user that saw my original post in Reddit (Berkyjay). Suggestions, comments, crits, all welcome.
I plan to keep posting updates on the development of the ASTRA project. Thanks and Chao!

p.s. I dont know how to post images in the post, So iŽll post a link to the original Reddit Thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Forgotten_Realms/comments/aaifyw/athkatlan_societa_of_trade_astra/

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000