Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mapping Questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Divinity Posted - 17 Dec 2018 : 02:42:19
I'm trying to find out the names of the two Sahuagin towns that have names on the Sea of Fallen Stars, Serôs map, but are otherwise listed on page 53 as "leaderless" thus not having a name given. This includes a third town but even that one on the map appears to only have a "?" at it. My issue is the map is very hard to read and I can't tell what the names are. I'm trying to compare the blurs to other blurs that I can identify but it's hard. One appears like Iscom or Iscon, maybe it's a T? It's north of Threskel. The second is east of Threskel. It looks like Yeelonz or something. The third is all the way at the south of the Alamber Sea and doesn't show anything. Does anyone have any help identifying?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paintphob Posted - 15 Mar 2019 : 22:37:18
Even's Gulf.
Divinity Posted - 15 Mar 2019 : 21:03:11
At the north of the Easting Reach there is a name for the body of water but I can't read it right or find information on it to see if I've spelled it correctly. It looks like Eyen's Gulf or Even's Gulf.

Here's a snapshot: https://postimg.cc/nMMc9xgx

Does anyone know what it says?
sleyvas Posted - 27 Dec 2018 : 12:49:43
Corsairs of the Great Sea (A Zakhara product) and Shining South are the only 2 resources that I can think of that give any decent information on the Great Sea, and I don't believe there's much there that goes underwater.

In theory, some of it could be tied to the old video game Blood and Magic (that I've never played mind you... only talked with people here about it), which has these Lords & Lady of the "Circle of Order" over in the Utter East. One of these is the "Lady of Tides" and she rules over the "Land of Tides", but in theory this may have been long ago. Still, the remains of her "realm" could be of use, and perhaps she's entrapped, etc... Exactly WHAT she is (primordial? genie? powerful mortal? something else?) and what to do with her would remain open. The only thing I'd say would be she's supposedly female, and the only picture I've seen of her has her with blue-green hair, see through parachute pants with humanoid legs, possibly a silver clamshell bra, and pale skin that either has jewelry OR tattoos. What exactly the circle of order was, when it existed, how it was founded, etc... is all open. But it did seem to mirror the elements in that there was KNOWN to be a Lord of Fire, a Lord of Earth, a Lady of Tides, and ANOTHER who became known as Tartyron for which there's some debate as to what he was lord of (and there may have been other Lords).

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Lady_of_Tides

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Realm_of_Tides

If the utter east stuff is of interest, about a year ago we were discussing some of it here

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21971&whichpage=3

I mention all this because throughout it there's references to place names, etc... that if you're looking to make a map, may be of use to you.
George Krashos Posted - 27 Dec 2018 : 11:27:52
No such info is around. Just information on the Kraken Society in "Cloak & Dagger", some sea elf info in "Elves of Evermeet" and info on some other sea elven kingdoms in Ed's "Realms of the Elves" article in Dragon #267.

-- George Krashos
Divinity Posted - 27 Dec 2018 : 04:21:58
Thank you both!

Are there any resource that detail the Great Sea or the Trackless Sea in any comparable way to the Sea of Fallen Stars PDF -as in underwater locations? I've come across single locations here and there, but that's all. As I expect not, what are good places to start or is information spread through lots of different places?
George Krashos Posted - 27 Dec 2018 : 04:11:57
I've checked Steven's notes and there is no location listed after Onackal as the map tags go south through the Alamber Sea. Make one up, there is no "official" name.

-- George Krashos
Werthead Posted - 26 Dec 2018 : 17:42:17
The one north of Threskel is Iscon, the one east is called Yeelosz. The one right at the bottom of the Alamber indeed just has a ? on it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000