Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Gate from World to World?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammael Posted - 02 Sep 2018 : 08:00:20
I am currently preparing a brief one-off adventure set in the North, close to the Dungeon of the Ruins (the series of one-offs deals with both Acolytes of the Hidden Flame and Circle of the Thawed - a sect of ex-Aurilites, if anyone is interested I can provide more detail). I wanted the party to emerge from the Spine of the World, fighting off an ogre mage and his minions. There is a location on the map called The Gate from World to World, which I am guessing is either a literal portal or an allegorical name for some sort of a pass through the Spine of the World. Sadly, I can't find any info on this location anywhere online - so I would appreciate it if somebody could point me to a source. If anybody else has their own lore about this location, that would be really cool as well.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 06 Oct 2018 : 14:18:43
Seeker Sammael,

You may want to look here as well, as there are references to the Great Glacier, Spine of the World, and more!

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Time_gate

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Sammael

I am currently preparing a brief one-off adventure set in the North, close to the Dungeon of the Ruins (the series of one-offs deals with both Acolytes of the Hidden Flame and Circle of the Thawed - a sect of ex-Aurilites, if anyone is interested I can provide more detail). I wanted the party to emerge from the Spine of the World, fighting off an ogre mage and his minions. There is a location on the map called The Gate from World to World, which I am guessing is either a literal portal or an allegorical name for some sort of a pass through the Spine of the World. Sadly, I can't find any info on this location anywhere online - so I would appreciate it if somebody could point me to a source. If anybody else has their own lore about this location, that would be really cool as well.

The Masked Mage Posted - 16 Sep 2018 : 11:38:00
"Smallish beholder" sounds to me like beholder-kin - gauth perhaps?
George Krashos Posted - 02 Sep 2018 : 13:52:29
Happy to hear it works for you.

-- George Kashos
Sammael Posted - 02 Sep 2018 : 09:26:56
Oh, this is great, as I was looking into a way to integrate a beholder into my adventure! Thanks George!
George Krashos Posted - 02 Sep 2018 : 09:21:20
There is a location in the original FR5 Savage Frontier sourcebook (the entry was subsequently repeated almost verbatim in The North boxed set) called "Gate". The entry reads:

"As its name suggests, he ruins of Gate hide a gate between planes. The underground gate takes the form of an immense black cube, with a single door. Inside, a numbe of colored stone slabs are doorways to other planes, including several alternate Prime Material Planes.

Gate is guarded by powerful bugbears in the service of Zythalarlr, a smallish beholder, which fancies itself as "the gatekeeper" or just "the keeper."

The North boxed set adds the following to the entry:

"Those who want access to Gate must first answer a riddle or be killed and eaten by both the bugbears and the beholder."

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000