Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 How to convert these to 3.5 rules?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Neverwintan Posted - 23 Aug 2018 : 02:13:52
I'm trying to convert these items to the 3.5 rules. I have found a few formulas for converting items, but I am not an expert on DnD rules. If someone with such expertise could show me how to convert these items for 3.5, I would greatly appreciate it!

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=BG1_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&bg1_items.id=359

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=BG1_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&bg1_items.id=538

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=BG1_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&bg1_items.id=690
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Diffan Posted - 28 Aug 2018 : 08:48:59
quote:
Originally posted by Neverwintan

Thanks for the conversions. But where how did you come up with the numbers for the bows? Is Damage +2 in 2E usually converted to Str +2 in 3.5E?

No, it could be incorporated simply with the +2 enhancement bonus. I added it because its composite and because the 2e on did more damage.
Neverwintan Posted - 25 Aug 2018 : 18:05:34
Thanks for the conversions. But where how did you come up with the numbers for the bows? Is Damage +2 in 2E usually converted to Str +2 in 3.5E?
Diffan Posted - 23 Aug 2018 : 07:05:18
Looking at these items, here's what I'd do:

Karajah's Life and Death is a suit of +3 spearblock leather armor (total enhancement bonus +5). This grants the wearer a +3 bonus to AC and gives him Damage Reduction 5 from piercing attacks.

Eagle Bow +2: protector of the Dryads is a +2 Orc Bane Composite Shortbow (total enhancement bonus of +3) and deals an additional +2d6 vs orcs.

Longbow of Marksmanship: the Dead Shot is a +3 keen composite longbow (Str +2) (total enhancement bonus +4) and scores a critical hit on a roll of 19-20

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000