Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dromites in the Forgotten Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 30 Apr 2018 : 12:57:20
Is there any documented presence of the dromites from the expanded psionics handbook in the realms. Just thinking these psionic bug people might fit in in some far flung places as "filler".
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 30 Apr 2018 : 23:50:31
BadCatMan.... you read my mind... I was indeed thinking of them as a possibility for both of those places. But in comparing redfang to the goblins and kobolds, he's much bigger, and dromites are small. However, I thought they might make for a good underground group near the land of the insect men, as a servitor race to the spellweavers, who possibly control their Grand Queen and Elected Consort.

My first thought for the critters in the Kingdom of Nix in the Wu Pi Te Shao Mountains (i.e. Redfang the Reaper and any kin he might have) were some rogue Gelugons, That was based upon this drawing

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Redfang?file=Harvest_of_Horrors_Redfang_1.jpg

However, the second drawing you just showed reveals that it has no tail.... and something like either a long tongue or a tentacle around its mouth. Makes me think Redfang the Reaper is something unique... like a half-illithid mixed with something else (which a half-illithid, half anadjiin is a interesting idea given some of Seethyr's work down in the Lopango... which is exactly why I wouldn't do that).
BadCatMan Posted - 30 Apr 2018 : 13:38:02
Nope, they were never mentioned at all, at least in 3e and it doesn't seem as if 4e and 5e did anything with them.

I like to imagine them in Anchorome, along the thri-kreen there, building giant termite-mound towers.

However, thinking about it now, they bear a startling resemblance to the short, antenna-ed, glowing-eyed, vaguely insectoid evil critters hanging around Redfang the Reaper of the Kingdom of Nix in the Wu Pi Te Shao Mountains, seen in the "Harvest of Horrors" campaign cut-scenes in the 1998 Blood & Magic game. Which would be very unlikely. :)
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Harvest_of_Horrors_Redfang_2.jpg

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000