Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Seminar 2018: Tyrants and Renegades

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 24 Apr 2018 : 03:28:47
Have just seen on the Gen Con website that the Candlekeep Seminar has a cool theme this year: tyrants and renegades. That means I'll have to change my tack re what I was going to write up for it, but I think I have just the thing lurking in the back of my brain.

Looking forward to it immensely. Now all I have to do is ping Ed and see if he has time to tell us something about tyrants and renegades in the Realms ...

-- George Krashos
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Masked Mage Posted - 11 Jul 2018 : 04:12:58
Have fun... the name immediately makes me think of the Zhentarim, harking back to the Dragon Article.
George Krashos Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 02:04:57
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
I will be. Hope to see you George. BTW, I am betting my answer is no, but to your knowledge, is Ed coming this year? I met him LONG LONG ago for just a few minutes, but it would be great to see him again. He was SO nice. But, I've heard he has family issues, so I'm not holding out hope. One can only hope I could maybe see Eric L. Boyd, Steven Schend, Elaine, or R.L. Beyers there.... even though I know they're not associated to the brand anymore.

Due to Ed's personal circumstances, he can't make it to GenCon this year. I am planning however to visit him after the Con and will be e-mailing him soonish re that and to see whether he can provide anything for the seminar. No promises re the latter, but I'm working on something for the attendees which will be nowhere near as good!

Elaine won't be at Gen Con this year and it looks like Eric has another engagement also. Steven is 50/50 at this stage. John Hunter (aka Florin Falconhand) will be at Gen Con but is leaving on the Saturday for a family commitment and so won't make the Seminar on the Saturday night. Erik Scott de Bie will be present (and running the seminar with Brian Cortijo) and I'm hoping we'll get some other famous types to pop in for a visit.

I'm hoping to catch up with the Candlekeep crew for a pre-seminar get-together (which Steel Gandalf - Max Carr usually organises on the Thursday night) where we can talk Realms, hoist a few tankards and just hang out. More on that soon.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jul 2018 : 20:49:17
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Just giving this a bump. Who's coming to the seminar this year?

-- George Krashos

I will be. Hope to see you George. BTW, I am betting my answer is no, but to your knowledge, is Ed coming this year? I met him LONG LONG ago for just a few minutes, but it would be great to see him again. He was SO nice. But, I've heard he has family issues, so I'm not holding out hope. One can only hope I could maybe see Eric L. Boyd, Steven Schend, Elaine, or R.L. Beyers there.... even though I know they're not associated to the brand anymore.

TSR/WotC alumni do attend, on occasion. Elaine was there last year. Jeff Grubb put in a brief appearance the year before that, and Jim Lowder has done a couple of the ones I've attended.

I've also met Larry Elmore, Tracy Hickman, and Margaret Weis at GenCon, though not for anything to do with the Realms. Ditto Sean K Reynolds; I encountered him at the MCG booth one year and promptly geeked out (he'd actually gone to grab a book I preordered; when I saw his name on his badge when he came back, I went into full geek mode).

I also told Tracy Hickman one year that I had to have words with him; I'd bought a book from him the previous year, and he signed it with "you gain a level." And then my DM wouldn't honor this, so I went back to "complain" to him about that.
sleyvas Posted - 09 Jul 2018 : 20:18:00
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 09 Jul 2018 : 19:31:25
That sounds amazing, but unfortunately I cant make it due to lack of funds :(
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jul 2018 : 17:58:13
I'd love to be in attendance this year, but my buddy Gene opted out of GenCon this year and I can't cover it all on my own...
Gary Dallison Posted - 09 Jul 2018 : 16:38:41
As always I'd love to come and ch
at the days away but the wife wanted to go to eurodisney instead
George Krashos Posted - 09 Jul 2018 : 08:45:30

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 24 Apr 2018 : 11:23:06
Ooh, that's a good one, plenty of tyrants in the realms to choose from.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000