Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Kingdom of Many-Arrows and the Underdark?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 02 Mar 2018 : 02:54:12
I was curious: Does the northern orc kingdom have much influence in the Underdark, and if so, how strong is it?

If not, I've been imagining (for about 10 years, actually) a separate force of orcs that's been making waves underground, but SOLELY in the Underdark while Obould and his kingdom rule the surface. In this case, I've imagined a relatively powerful Orog (if I recall the file I probably lost, he was a Fighter 8/Barbarian 1/Orc Warlord 5) who leads an entire horde of Mountain Orcs, Orogs and Tanarruks in the Upper Northdark. His chief lieutenant was a Tanarruk (IIRC, Barbarian 1/Eye of Gruumsh 1), and his spiritual advisor was a Half-Orc Cleric of Gruumsh (I think he had 9 levels, and some combination of the Strength, Orc or War domains).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 11:16:42
A separate or semi-autonomous "petty kingdom" (or chieftainship) of Orcs could certainly exist in the Underdark. Nominally they could pretend that they are a "vassal" tribe that still pledges fealty to the king of Many-Arrows, but in practice they are a separate and somewhat-isolated autonomous orc tribe.

But realistically, they would survive better if they occasionally got the help of the Drow. The Drow are the political masters of most regions of the Underdark. So I recommend adding at least 1 or 2 Drow NPCs as "advisors" in that Orog group.

Do remember that the Kingdom of Many-Arrows often employed Drow councilors and allied military advisors (e.g. from House Baenre) in their constant wars with the Silver Marches cities. And of course, the Drow themselves purposely manipulated the Kingdom of Many-Arrows as a useful tool in their plans to harass, weaken, and conquer the "good guys" (i.e. humans, dwarfs, elves, svirfneblin, etc).

TomCosta Posted - 02 Mar 2018 : 11:40:06
IIRC, Harttusk who takes over from Obould's son in and loses it all in the final battle with Drizzt and the gang appears to be an Underdark orc/orog, though it is never explicitly stated.
Lord Karsus Posted - 02 Mar 2018 : 03:00:56
-Given that the Kingdom, over various periods of time, interacted with and was influenced by settlements and individuals in the Underdark, I think it's safe to assume that the kingdom has some sway in the politics of that area of the Underdark.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000