Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Brotherhood of the Griffon: Book VI?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frost_lich Posted - 02 Jan 2018 : 13:48:57
I enjoyed so much the Richard byers's books , I just read the Prophet of the Dead and I'm really looking into Brotherhood of the Griffon: Book VI.

But I just saw that the Prophet of the Dead was released in 2013. =/ Does anyone have any news about a new book of the series comming out?

thank u so much.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eayottes Posted - 21 Jan 2021 : 20:22:02
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I'm still sad, too, although I've moved on from the Realms to writing other things. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the books, eqyottes.

Apologies for my late reply and for having brought back painful memories. I'll definitely check your later books. I hope Wizards-Hasbro eventually reintroduce FR novels, but I'm not holding my breath.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 28 Nov 2020 : 14:57:31
I'm still sad, too, although I've moved on from the Realms to writing other things. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the books, eqyottes.
eayottes Posted - 28 Nov 2020 : 05:45:11
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. I just also just finished book 5 of the Brotherhood of the Griffon. I’m sad that there isn’t a 6th book. The main characters were so well developed. I guess I’ll go read the Haunted Lands trilogy as a prequel.
sleyvas Posted - 03 Jan 2018 : 03:00:09
Lol, hey Richard, just so you know... yeah, in MY realms, Lallara Mediocros IS surviving that encounter. So is Lauzoril (he jumped off the cliff and his feather fall allowed him to survive). The two of them work together to make Szass Tam's defenses against mental influence get lowered (yes, even though he's undead) via Lallara's abjuration magics and then Lauzoril's memories are changed to make him THINK he killed them. Then Tam left the demiplane... and the demiplane "froze"/"locked" with the two zulkirs trapped in it, until it shattered with the sundering (and to the two Zulkirs, it seemed that the last several years had been but a few seconds).

Of course, I'm also saying Mythrell'aa also survived (did you know that the part where everyone THOUGHT her name was Mythrellan had something to do with her faking her own death ), Yaphyll survived when she split herself, because the future portion went to Abeir... oh and Dmitra survived on Abeir (the version of her that never became a Zulkir and was a tharchion).

I'm also saving Ythazz Buvarr the demilich... and freeing the original Zulkir of Conjuration, Jorgmacdon, who led the ritual to entrap Eltab in Eltabbar. Oh, and once Zulkir Nevron "died" (to the knowledge of those red wizards in Escalant anyway), it seems that an efreeti Shazadeh (term for son of a Sultan), previously bound by Sabass of Thay during the Salamander war to a brazier, offered wishes to a group of adventures if they would retrieve a scroll of resurrection just a year before the sundering, and Sabass of Thay is back (putting this carefully plotting, researching, and dangerous red wizard who was assassinated by Tam prior to the civil war back into play).
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 02 Jan 2018 : 17:50:33
Honestly, that's not the way I imagined it going down, but it's possible. If you decide it happened that way in your campaign world or in your imagination, then it did.
frost_lich Posted - 02 Jan 2018 : 14:13:30
OMG!!! =//// ***This replie contains spoilers on Realm of the Dead Trilogy***

Aoth Fenzim is a very nice character... it's very sad to let him go.... =///

Richard Lee Byers, can I ask you something about one of your great books? I always liked Lalara, abjuration Zuchir... sush a marvelous and evil character. Is that possible she survived Tvass Tam atacks after she gave Aoth the ring?
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 02 Jan 2018 : 14:03:06
First, glad you enjoyed the books.

Second, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there are no further Brotherhood novels planned at this time. To the best of my knowledge, there are no more Forgotten Realms novels planned, period.

Perhaps the publisher will decide to do novels again at some point in the future and will want to include me in the plan. If so, I'll certainly be interested in talking to them. But to date, I haven't heard anything that reveals such plans are in the works.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000