Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Wizards Hiring a Game Designer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Eilserus Posted - 14 Nov 2017 : 03:06:32
Wizards is hiring a game designer, here's a snippet from the job description: "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons."

So, maybe this means we're getting a new campaign guide in the next year or so?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Eilserus Posted - 14 Nov 2017 : 18:10:58
I'd like to assume that if 5E is doing so well they had their budget increased, allowing them to explore other areas of development. I seriously hope Ed is involved if its a campaign guide. I understand they don't want to create products with a time stamp on them, it's why we kept getting books on the same areas over and over. It's a design flaw, I get that. With that said, even Ed mentioned he wouldn't have advanced the campaign timeline as quickly. And it's entirely possible to create products that detail areas of the Realms and make it timeless. Pathfinder's Golarion does that I believe.

Just my thoughts, but I'd then use code, some sort of tool etc. to introduce the dynamic element to the Realms. Want Thay to conquer half of the eastern Realms in your campaign? Click a button, watch Thayan borders expand and cities be auto-populated with NPCs of said faction etc.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope things work out. Worst case, we still get Ed's DMsguild releases. Hopefully, they'll be up for sale soon!
Irennan Posted - 14 Nov 2017 : 14:03:50
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Wizards is hiring a game designer, here's a snippet from the job description: "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons."

So, maybe this means we're getting a new campaign guide in the next year or so?

Hope so, but at this point we can't really say anything. Mearls has said that 3 out of 4 products for 2018 are already basically finished, and won't talk about the 4th. Maybe it'll be a FRCSS. Will Ed be involved? There's so much stuff up in the air at this point, both concerning the setting and the novels (contradicting statements from Stewart and Mearls), and they could be simply referring to the regional updates included in their APs. But yeah, I really hope that you're right.
Ayrik Posted - 14 Nov 2017 : 06:09:59
They're actually advertising to hire for many positions.
http://company.wizards.com/content/jobs

It does suggest Big Plans for 5E. Though only speculation about specific products.

But quite a lot of strongly mixed commentary from WotC (ex-)employees.
https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-Wizards-of-the-Coast-EI_IE4718.11,31.htm

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000