Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 3.0e Keyless Maps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigbluepaw Posted - 25 Oct 2017 : 18:51:53
Hey folks. I'm going through my PDFs of old source books and pulling out the NPCs and adventure sites to create a library I can use to DM.

I'm pretty pleased with everything so far, except that every single screenshot I'm taking of maps have the keys on them. When I present this to my players, they'll have a pretty good clue that something is 'there.'

Any one found caches of keyless versions of these maps like Green Bones from the FRCS 3.0e?

BTW, how did folks use these at the table top? Show the page from the book?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 11 Nov 2017 : 23:40:58
Didn't the classic D&D starter boxes come with some kind of free pencil and graph paper for the Players to map things out manually? LOL (Or I might have been imagining things and our classic-era DM already had bought some graph paper)
Ayrik Posted - 26 Oct 2017 : 02:06:27
In olden times a photocopier and some whiteout, in more enlightened times a little paintshop or photoshop on a screenshot.

Many maps are simple to draw out anyhow. Better yet, thrust onto players to map out themselves during play.
Arivia Posted - 25 Oct 2017 : 23:43:39
I checked the old 3e Map Galleries and the FRCS maps themselves were never posted to my knowledge.
Kentinal Posted - 25 Oct 2017 : 19:28:19
Source books by their nature would be keyed. Those were for use by DMs to plan adventures. Modules provided unkeyed maps, the hand outs if one was given at all. Of course real old D&D required the party to do their own mapping.
At the keep we do have a few map makers that likely have some unkeyed.

You do of course have the option to "photo shop" out the keys, however that depends on tools and time you have available.

I do not know of any direct source that you can find a collection of what you are seeking.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000