Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 AMAUNATOR / LATHANDER, Lords of Light

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Storyteller Hero Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 06:23:51
Presenting:

AMAUNATOR / LATHANDER, Lords of Light - Forgotten Realms 5e

Available now on Dungeon Masters Guild for PWYW (customers can donate $0.00 to download for free and buy again later if they'd like to support the author).

This is the sixth in the pamphlet series, with Eilistraee, Kelemvor, Sune, Bahamut, and Mystra also available on the author’s channel. These works are researched canon combined with non-canon fiction (filling gaps in the canon).

This is a lore pamphlet for players that play clerics, paladins, or worshippers of Amaunator and Lathander in the Forgotten Realms. Updated to post-Sundering status quo.

This document contains the following for EACH of the two deities:

• a poem for the deity's worshippers

• lore about the deity and his exarchs

• lore about the deity's realm

• the tenets of the deity's faith

• lore about the clergy of the deity

• two special feats for divine spellcasters that worship the deity.

• two signature magic spells for divine spellcasters that worship the deity.

SPECIAL: There is a third section included for "The Convergence of Suns Theory", which attempts to explain the vanishings and revivals of Amaunator and Lathander, in accordance with the post-Sundering revelation that the two deities are separate beings.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/223851/AMAUNATOR---LATHANDER-Lords-of-Light--Forgotten-Realms-5e
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CorellonsDevout Posted - 14 Oct 2017 : 20:31:00
It's been a while since I read EO, too (I read them when they first came out). The out-of-sync could have something to do with publication. IIRC, the GHotR was published first. It's actually where I first learned of the Spellplague. I picked it up at the bookstore, and of course the last entry is the Year of Blue Fire, but 4E hadn't actually been implemented yet.
Storyteller Hero Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 19:34:27
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hmmm, digging into the wiki more was the spellplague at the very end of the 2nd book? Maybe there was a lot more time between that and Tyr's fall. Interestingly as well, the spellplague and the sundering both involved Azuth's Staff.

According to 4e Campaign Guide, p 77, in Torm's deity lore entry:

"Torm became the master of Celestia after the heroic self-sacrifice of the legendary Tyr (who perished decades ago when defending the upper realms against an over- whelming demonic incursion)."

I imagine that Tyr became a recluse after giving up his godhood, hanging out in the upper realms fishing and living like a retired old man, until the demons invaded.

I'll see what I can find out about Azuth's staff in the research I'll be doing for a big FR supplement that I'm working on after I finish up the Realmspace book. Thanks for the tip!

sleyvas Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 18:51:38
Hmmm, digging into the wiki more was the spellplague at the very end of the 2nd book? Maybe there was a lot more time between that and Tyr's fall. Interestingly as well, the spellplague and the sundering both involved Azuth's Staff. Man there are so many moving pieces in all of this.
sleyvas Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 18:27:10
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

quote:

Tyr and Lathander BOTH disappeared around the time Amaunator appeared, and BOTH were also responsible for Cyric's imprisonment. So, one might be able to tie these all together.

Actually, if memory serves correctly, the fate of Tyr is explained in The Empyrean Odyssey series of books. He kind of goes out in a blaze of glory.

Glad you brought that up, because that and the GHotR entry are something I've been meaning to compare for a long time. By that, I mean as far as timing goes, in my head it seemed like Mystra fell/spellplague/Tyr died all happened like within hours of each other. I could be wrong, because its been ... what ten years?... since I read those. So it seemed these two entries may be out of sync. I could be wrong, and I can't find my empyrean odyssey books on the book shelf handy at this second. If anyone can confirm or deny, appreciated.

EDIT: actually, just found it (bless the FR WIKI) on page 241 of the Crystal Mountain. So, Tyr actually gave up his godhood to Torm. Then I think later they offstage say that the "entity" that was Tyr without its godhood died? still can't tell how much time had passed between spellplague and this.
Storyteller Hero Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 17:26:57
quote:

Tyr and Lathander BOTH disappeared around the time Amaunator appeared, and BOTH were also responsible for Cyric's imprisonment. So, one might be able to tie these all together.

Actually, if memory serves correctly, the fate of Tyr is explained in The Empyrean Odyssey series of books. He kind of goes out in a blaze of glory.
sleyvas Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 13:44:53
You convergence of the suns theory is one of interest. I have to head off to work so I just glanced at it, but it could be taken further. Basically, Amaunator was both the god of the sun and law/justice. Tyr and Lathander BOTH disappeared around the time Amaunator appeared, and BOTH were also responsible for Cyric's imprisonment. So, one might be able to tie these all together.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000