Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms 300 DR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
0blivion Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 08:30:35
It's my first post here so welcome :)

I am interested in running Realms in around 300 DR. I'm particularly interested in Calimshan occupied Amn of that period. My plan is to recreate there Al-Alndalus atmosphere, with Calishites being Moors, but strongly devoted to Azuth...

I am currently gathering lore about Faerun in 300 DR. I would like to know how the land looked like in general, mostly in the sake of the FR 'landmarks'.

I know right now:
- there was no Waterdeep yet
- Cormyr was proximate 300 years old and kind of in power
- on the North: Neverwinter was found in 84 DR, Illuskan (Luskan to be) was already present
- Baldur's Gate could be a fledgling town
- Netheril fell a few centuries ago and refugees populated Heartlands
- Cormanthor governed by the elves and Dales coexisted
- empire Jhaamdath fell, now we have Chondath
- Delzoun already fell

- no Harpers yet! (324 DR)
- no Thay (After razing the city of Delhumide they declared themselves the free nation of Thay in 922 DR), Red Wizards

Can you give me some other important chunks of knowledge to create snapshot of Realms in 300 DR? :)
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 03 Mar 2020 : 03:36:43
Master Krashos,

Ah, perfect. I'm very glad you brought in the neglected continent! :)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

300 DR Year of the Late Sun

- Qysara Shoon V dies of fever, and her son and heir Kahlar becomes Qysar Shoon VI of the Shoon Imperium.
- The theocracy of Minsorran, the “Lands of Balance”, consecrates its lands around Lake Weng in present-day Amn.

-- George Krashos

George Krashos Posted - 03 Mar 2020 : 02:35:53
300 DR Year of the Late Sun

- Qysara Shoon V dies of fever, and her son and heir Kahlar becomes Qysar Shoon VI of the Shoon Imperium.
- The theocracy of Minsorran, the “Lands of Balance”, consecrates its lands around Lake Weng in present-day Amn.

-- George Krashos
cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 22:53:07
Acolyte 0blivion,

Athalantar is still going in 300DR. That's a pretty big, and amazing fact! :)

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Athalantar

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by 0blivion

It's my first post here so welcome :)

I am interested in running Realms in around 300 DR. I'm particularly interested in Calimshan occupied Amn of that period. My plan is to recreate there Al-Alndalus atmosphere, with Calishites being Moors, but strongly devoted to Azuth...

I am currently gathering lore about Faerun in 300 DR. I would like to know how the land looked like in general, mostly in the sake of the FR 'landmarks'.

I know right now:
- there was no Waterdeep yet
- Cormyr was proximate 300 years old and kind of in power
- on the North: Neverwinter was found in 84 DR, Illuskan (Luskan to be) was already present
- Baldur's Gate could be a fledgling town
- Netheril fell a few centuries ago and refugees populated Heartlands
- Cormanthor governed by the elves and Dales coexisted
- empire Jhaamdath fell, now we have Chondath
- Delzoun already fell

- no Harpers yet! (324 DR)
- no Thay (After razing the city of Delhumide they declared themselves the free nation of Thay in 922 DR), Red Wizards

Can you give me some other important chunks of knowledge to create snapshot of Realms in 300 DR? :)

Zeromaru X Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 18:55:44
The wiki has this to say.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 16:49:01
Elminster was still in his first century, and was most likely still hanging out in the newly-named Myth Drannor.
Brimstone Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 15:38:18
Halaster is calling "Hunts" into the future Undermountian...
Bakra Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 14:00:50
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

300 dr is an important time in the realms. Its when things begin to resemble what exists in the modern realms.

The destruction of jhaamdath and netheril ironically helps kickstart the dawn of the era of humanity because it spreads humans out in all directions to every corner of faerun.

The faerunian pantheon begins to form from the merging of netherese and jhaamdath peoples in the heartlands and the northern vilhon.

Its a time of massive change for humans and sees the birth of smaller nations instead of large empires.

At this time we should also see the beginnings of the common trade tongue and the emergence of internation trade.

As for landmarks. Lots more forest from tethyr north to the savage frontier (calimshan had long ago destroyed its forests). I think by this time shoon was starting to form so we should be seeing permanent human settlements in amn where dragon fire had cleared parts of keltormir forest.

There should be more demihumans everywhere in amn and tethyr as i believe shoon exterminated them and that hasnt happened yet.

Ill try and look up specifics tonight but ill probably forget.

It is about 67-68 years before Phlan is founded in the Moonsea area.
Gary Dallison Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 13:06:45
300 dr is an important time in the realms. Its when things begin to resemble what exists in the modern realms.

The destruction of jhaamdath and netheril ironically helps kickstart the dawn of the era of humanity because it spreads humans out in all directions to every corner of faerun.

The faerunian pantheon begins to form from the merging of netherese and jhaamdath peoples in the heartlands and the northern vilhon.

Its a time of massive change for humans and sees the birth of smaller nations instead of large empires.

At this time we should also see the beginnings of the common trade tongue and the emergence of internation trade.

As for landmarks. Lots more forest from tethyr north to the savage frontier (calimshan had long ago destroyed its forests). I think by this time shoon was starting to form so we should be seeing permanent human settlements in amn where dragon fire had cleared parts of keltormir forest.

There should be more demihumans everywhere in amn and tethyr as i believe shoon exterminated them and that hasnt happened yet.

Ill try and look up specifics tonight but ill probably forget.
0blivion Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 11:48:42
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Welcome to Candlekeep!

*Calimshats sounds like a politically incorrect term.

Corrected with Calishites :)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 27 Jul 2017 : 11:40:49
Welcome to Candlekeep!

*Calimshats sounds like a politically incorrect term.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000