Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Vhauraun & Eilestree stats 5e

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nyx_Necrodragon Posted - 24 Jul 2017 : 20:49:28
Does anyone have any ideas where to get the stats for the avatars of Vhauraun & Eilestree for 5e?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Irennan Posted - 24 Jul 2017 : 21:39:39
In 5e, no stats for gods have been published. You could make them up, starting from their 3e stats. In the 3e ruleset, deities have a whole lot of immunities and special stats or abilities that break normal rules (like, of course, the ability to cast any spell they can provide to their clerics, even if they don't have any caster class).

Eilistraee is a multiclass Bard (20)/Fighter (15)/Cleric (5), and her main stats are DEX and CHA. Valor or Swords would be the best suited among the bardish archetypes. From the current fighter archetypes, the only one that I can sort of see on her is the Battlemaster (with the duelist style). As for her cleric levels, I'd give her Light, Nature, and Life. I'd also give her a "Sword Dance" skills that mimics the Bladesinger's Bladesong (from the SCAG), but using her CHA rather than INT. In 2e, Eilistraee's avatar has permanent truesight, can--in addition to her normal actions--unleash 9 magic missiles per round, or she can produce a spell-turning effect on herself, which affects all magic used against her for the whole round. She can produce moonlight or light effects at will, and can also sing at will. In addition to the ability to use normal bardic abilities, her song has the power to fill one creature with rapture, stunning it for 1 rd (in 2e, the saving throw must be done with a penalty, in 5e it could be at disadvantage), but she can keep singing to try to keep the creature stunned (in 3e, she also has the divine bard feat, allowing her to use charm effects even on creatures normally immune to it). She can regenerate lost limbs and close wounds, but when doing so she can't cast spells.

Vhaeraun didn't receive stats in 3e, but--going off his 2e stats--he'd be a Rogue(20)/Fighter(20) in 5e. His main stats are DEX and CHA as well. My guess is that the archetypes would be Assassin Rogue/Battemaster Fighter (with the dual wielding style). He can't cast spell on his own (in avatar form), but he has the ability to cast any spell that nearby followers know, of whichever kind it is, in addition to his normal attacks per round. He can turn invisible at will, and always passes without traces. His cloak can (automatically successfully) absorb 7 spells per day, and--in addition to that--attract and neutralize magic missiles and area of effect spells (like fireball). As a free action, he can twist the shape of his and his allies' blades around him (once every 6 rounds), allowing them to strike for maximum damage for the round.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000