Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Slavery Regulamentation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edappel Posted - 04 Apr 2017 : 14:40:29
Hello guys!
It's so good to be back... Well.. let's go to the question, but first I need to set the background...

My DnD 5e group are at Memnon. I've got the Living Forgotten Realms CALI Campaign and adapted them to 5e for some side quests arounds Calimshan.

We've been playing with an Amn Neutral/Evil group, so, at the second part of the Calimshan's expedition, 3 players have been acting as Slaves as another one (a Moonshae Island Talos Cleric Noble) as their Lord. They went to the Arena in search for fame as the Noble was managing them. They've got some success and they scheduled a fight with and Young Blue Dragon, but the Noble made an agreement with the Dragon owner.. If his "slaves" win the battle, he would exchange them for the Dragon.
And obviuosly, for the Doom of my Campaign, they've won.

So, I would like to know what's the Slave Regulamentation around Memnon, how do you exchange Slaves, is there any document that proves that? I've been searching for this information but only found discussions about prices..

Hope someone could help me, I was thinking about asking Ed, but he looks pretty busy atm.

Thanks!

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hoondatha Posted - 06 Apr 2017 : 21:51:10
I'm not sure about Memnon in particular, but there's precedence for paperwork accompanying slave transactions. A large part of the success of the Iron Ring comes from the Registry it runs which tracks the sale of every slave in Skullport. The forms are completed in triplicate, with copies goes to the Registry, the buyer, and the seller.

Considering that Amn is a nation of merchants, and merchants love accounting and ledgers, I would imagine the same would hold true in that area. Or at least it would in the 2e/3e Realms. I have no experience or knowledge of 4e/5e, so you'll have to adjust this as needed for your campaign.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000