Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Deity Symbol Images

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KanzenAU Posted - 10 Dec 2016 : 09:24:15
Came across this on one of first forays into the Redditverse.
Some pretty high quality renderings of deity icons for those interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/5haeff/oc_i_drew_126_deity_crestssymbols_for_you_guys_to/?st=IWJ0IQC6&sh=2c177f1b
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 06 Jan 2017 : 02:13:08
Thanks Alaundo
Alaundo Posted - 04 Jan 2017 : 11:14:17
Well met

Thanks to sleyvas for formatting and sending these over. I have now uploaded and set up the avatars for general use.

For a full list, please see this thread.
sleyvas Posted - 31 Dec 2016 : 09:31:29
I just found another use for these. These PNG pictures do NOT have a background. Insert picture into open office writer or something similar. Resize picture to 0.40 (probably best size), 0.50, or 0.62 inch. Fill the entire page with pictures. Print on waterslide decal paper. You now have shield, surcoat or cloak emblems for your miniatures. I happened to have some inkjet decal paper sitting here (never used it before), and my dumb butt ran it through my laserjet because my inkjet is out of ink... and I didn't play with the paper settings... BUT it still printed out half the page real nice. Recommend getting the proper paper for your type of device, but played with this and slid one of the 100+ decals I just made and it slid off fine. Just paint whatever background color you want on your shield, slide this puppy on, and it'll look 10 times better. You can do like I did and just make a page of all kinds of deity symbols OR you can . Oh, and for those that haven't price checked color lasers for a while.... they've dropped significantly. I just picked up one to play with last month at best buy for under $300 by checking their online price before heading to the store.

3 sheets of laser waterslide decal paper 8.5x11 just $3.75 plus S&H of $4.50 (you can also order bigger batches, best is a 20 sheet batch for $32.50 same S&H)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IQZ343G?m=A2QDV8VVWVES9U&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

10 sheets of inkjet waterslide decal paper 8.5x11 just $17.85
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005D5H0L4?m=A2QDV8VVWVES9U&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

Or, if you have a particular deity you just want on your coffee cup... or you want to make your own personalized plate set with Mystra's symbol at the center... can't swear to how this holds up to a dish washer, but its cheap enough to try.

laser bake on waterslide decal paper for laser printers, for adding images to mugs and other stuff you'd fire at a ceramics shop, 5 sheets $9.75 plus S&H (note on this, I have never messed with this stuff.... but I think I will try and make some mugs for fun)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V98C58W?m=A2QDV8VVWVES9U&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

Want a Bumper sticker that says "Tyr proved justice is blind and evenhanded" with Tyr's symbol. Laser Peel and Stick, White polyester, 5 sheets $9.75 plus S&H
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDB1R66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't want that thing on your bumper, but you're just fine with making a window cling (like the clear label they use when you get an oil change), Laser ultra-cling, 5 sheets $9.95 plus S&H
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKT57VA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

moonbeast Posted - 15 Dec 2016 : 09:27:44
No Bhaal, Bane, Helm, Deep Sashelas (still important in the Seldarine)

I'd also love to see Tiamat and Bahamut.

And would also love to see my favorite monster-deity symbol….. Ilsensine! (The Illithid deity's symbol is like a giant Cthulhu head whose tentacles are grabbing the Earth)

p.s. — if the original image Creator happens to check this thread, I'd like to say Thank You! you work is appreciated
Irennan Posted - 14 Dec 2016 : 23:46:22
They're no longer dead, tho. But yeah, I was surprised that some pretty major deities like Bhaal and Bane were missing, while more niche ones were included.

@Sleyvas thanks for taking the time to do that!

George Krashos Posted - 14 Dec 2016 : 20:57:44
I would love to see images for some of the dead gods too. Bane, Bhaal, Moander, etc ...

-- George Krashos
sleyvas Posted - 14 Dec 2016 : 15:54:48
made 95 avatars. Sent them to Big Al and The Sage emails that I saw on their profiles.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Dec 2016 : 15:44:42
I can't do the avatars. I think Sage can, and obviously, Big Al can do it.
sleyvas Posted - 12 Dec 2016 : 14:57:12
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
I'm thinking some of these would make nice avatars for the forums.

I thought that as soon as I saw them. But is it possible to add them to the list of avatar choices?

Yeah, I've submitted a few over the years. You just need to make sure they're 64x64 jpeg entries and get them to Alaundo (Wooly or Sage MIGHT be able to do it too... don't know). In mspaint you can just open the png file, and since these are all 1000x1000, you just click resize, choose pixels and enter 64, then save it as a jpeg instead of png. Note, you will lose a lot of detail, so some might not look as good..... but I just looked at Lurue's resized and it's still pretty. Kelemvor's and Xvim's on the other had not so great because you can't really make out the small details anymore.

below from Alaundo years ago

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=883&SearchTerms=avatar

Well Met fellow Scribes

For those who wish to show their own individual portrait ("avatar")

The image must be in the same fantasy portrait style as the current avatars available and as a 64x64 JPEG. You may also state whether you wish your avatar to be exclusive to you or if you would like to share it and make it available for selection.

You must send your avatar to either myself or the Candlekeep Webmaster using the email address to which your member name is registered and also state the member name to which the avatar belongs.
George Krashos Posted - 12 Dec 2016 : 03:18:38
These are great! Good job.

-- George Krashos
Irennan Posted - 11 Dec 2016 : 01:40:12
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
I'm thinking some of these would make nice avatars for the forums.

I thought that as soon as I saw them. But is it possible to add them to the list of avatar choices?
sleyvas Posted - 11 Dec 2016 : 01:01:21
wow... and the fact that they're letting people use them freely, gotta appreciate that.

Hmmm, as I'm busily downloading them... I'm thinking some of these would make nice avatars for the forums.
Markustay Posted - 10 Dec 2016 : 18:16:21
Those are pretty damn nifty!

Thanks for sharing.
Gyor Posted - 10 Dec 2016 : 16:05:38
Nice work, I like them.
Irennan Posted - 10 Dec 2016 : 14:27:50
Those are awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000