Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Where to start?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AshtroBoy Posted - 10 Sep 2015 : 15:23:15
Hey everybody

Firstly I'd like to say hello everyone. Secondly I'd like to ask for some advice, it's been years since I've traveled in the forgotten realms, I'd say late 90's to early 2000. Since then it would appear that a lot has happened. I have fond memories of those days,

How much have the realms changed? Where is a good place to start catching up, without having to spend stupid amounts of money on novels?

Cheers guys
Ash
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 10 Sep 2015 : 16:25:25
This timeline might help: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19630
Irennan Posted - 10 Sep 2015 : 16:01:04
If you don't want to spend much money, you could start searching the topics you're interested in on the FR wiki. Many articles (the most popular topics, at least) tend to be up to date. They also include a list of sources, so you should get a heading regarding which books to read to get the update you need.

For a general overview of the changes, the immediate solution is to grab the 3e/4e FRCS and look up the new state of the Realms there. A 5e FRCS (sort of) is coming up in November. It is mainly focused on the North and the Sword Coast, but (according to what they've said) it will include a general overview of the rest of Faerun (possibly Toril?).

Hope that this can help.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 10 Sep 2015 : 15:51:59
Welcome to Candlekeep! The Realms have changed a bit since you last visited, but don't worry about that. Many of us who aren't happy with the changes simply keep our Realms the way we like them best. (2E for me)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000