Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A question about Ordulin...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arioch Posted - 17 Dec 2014 : 17:49:26
Hi!

I would like to be updated to the current situation of Ordulin, after the events described in the Sundering's novels.

Has been in ruin for years (since 1374DR) it seems... But I don't know nothing more than this.

Can any scribe help me on this? Thanks!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arioch Posted - 07 Jan 2015 : 08:16:32
I see it like a general approach to "save" the city and use it as an adventuring place...

[Edited]... and since Mith Drannor is going to suffer a similar fate, I would like to diversify the two cities.

P.S.:
quote:
bad guys always build a self-destruct mechanism into their stuff
LOL.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Jan 2015 : 16:14:32
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

In the final part of "Godborn", Mr Kemp states:

"Past Mags, through the shadowed sky, Cale saw the mountain of Sakkors plummeting earthward. Ordulin would be pulverized."

So the fate of the city is sealed... but!

Since there are so many reasons to not consider the city simply gone (a short list follows)...
  • The bones of Furlinstastis the dragon.
  • The ruins of Volumvax's tower.
  • The resting place of two shade's princes (even if it will require a LOT of digging to locate it )
  • The twisted remains of the Eye of Shar
  • The stone on which Mask is reborn
  • Pages from the Leaves of one Night
  • The spot on the ground where Vasen writes his faith...
  • The city was the starting and ending point of the Cycle of Night!

I'm wondering if you can suggest me some ways to save at least some parts of the ruins!

It is not so easy to image the results of such an impact (A mountain's top falling onto a city is not a real world event, so one can only guess about the outcome).

Destructive elements:
the mass of material impacting on Ordulin (but not necessarily on the center of it), the resulting earthquakes, and the subsequent air blast...

Mitigating factors:
the angle of Sakkor's descent (could have made the enclave hit the city, then slide out of its borders), the hardness of the mountain itself (had it penetrated the ground or crumbled on contact?), magical unpredictable circumstances (Does the remaining energies of the divine events taking places in Ordulin somehow refueled the Mythallar? Or the Mythallar's left energies reopened the hole into reality that was in the center of Ordulin, plummeting the shade princes and the enclave into the void?)...

Thanks!

Is there something specific you're trying to save, or is this a general thing?
Markustay Posted - 06 Jan 2015 : 12:57:21
Someone - possibly Shar herself - shielded the city somehow at the last possible moment. Or better yet, shot a "Bolt of of the Blue" at Sakkors when it was just about to impact. On-lookers would have assumed the city was hit, when in reality the enclave was blown into small chunks (which then rained-down a much lesser destruction upon the city).

Or Sakkors could have just self-destructed (using the same logic as above, looking as if Ordulin was hit by the city but in reality was hit by the massive debris field). You can decide anything you want as far as why Sakkors would have done so (bad guys always build a self-destruct mechanism into their stuff).
Arioch Posted - 06 Jan 2015 : 10:55:44
In the final part of "Godborn", Mr Kemp states:

"Past Mags, through the shadowed sky, Cale saw the mountain of Sakkors plummeting earthward. Ordulin would be pulverized."

So the fate of the city is sealed... but!

Since there are so many reasons to not consider the city simply gone (a short list follows)...
  • The bones of Furlinstastis the dragon.
  • The ruins of Volumvax's tower.
  • The resting place of two shade's princes (even if it will require a LOT of digging to locate it )
  • The twisted remains of the Eye of Shar
  • The stone on which Mask is reborn
  • Pages from the Leaves of one Night
  • The spot on the ground where Vasen writes his faith...
  • The city was the starting and ending point of the Cycle of Night!

I'm wondering if you can suggest me some ways to save at least some parts of the ruins!

It is not so easy to image the results of such an impact (A mountain's top falling onto a city is not a real world event, so one can only guess about the outcome).

Destructive elements:
the mass of material impacting on Ordulin (but not necessarily on the center of it), the resulting earthquakes, and the subsequent air blast...

Mitigating factors:
the angle of Sakkor's descent (could have made the enclave hit the city, then slide out of its borders), the hardness of the mountain itself (had it penetrated the ground or crumbled on contact?), magical unpredictable circumstances (Does the remaining energies of the divine events taking places in Ordulin somehow refueled the Mythallar? Or the Mythallar's left energies reopened the hole into reality that was in the center of Ordulin, plummeting the shade princes and the enclave into the void?)...

Thanks!
Arioch Posted - 19 Dec 2014 : 14:06:23
Thanks folks for your support! Appreciated!
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 19 Dec 2014 : 07:19:44
I checked my notes from the various Eye on the Realms articles that have been released over the last few years, but I could not find anything on Ordulin.
hashimashadoo Posted - 19 Dec 2014 : 06:48:01
There were at least two modules in which Ordulin was featured in the Living Forgotten Realms series but they were all written after WotC dropped their support so they would be non-canon.
The Arcanamach Posted - 18 Dec 2014 : 19:58:36
So far as I know there have been no updates.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000