Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Help with RPG

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KeredDrahcir Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 17:29:24
I was wondering if anyone could direct me to where I need to go to ask questions. I'm having trouble with a particular part of a game as was hoping I could get a hint on how to solve it.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KeredDrahcir Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 16:32:20
I've found that if you speak to the barmaid she will tell you about a thief being murdered in the Northwestern corner of the city. I'm not sure where to go from here. There's too many building to search and I've searched all the streets in that area.
Does anyone know which building I'm supposed to search?
hashimashadoo Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 18:07:20
Hillsfar is known for being particularly cruel when it comes to picking locks, even on a thief run through. Your best bet is to save the game right before trying to pick it and just keep reloading until it works.

Check out http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587337-advanced-dungeons-and-dragons-hillsfar/faqs/29940 for more help.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 17:16:51
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Because the door is locked.

Thank you.

I meant, what was the objective in having the door open? Is there something that needs to be done, once the basement is accessible?
Kentinal Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 16:08:01
Because the door is locked. I should have a CD for Hillsfar around here someplace , but can not slow my computer enough in order to even explore the game.

The main trick however appears not to be caught picking the lock. A few options occur to me.

Hide in shadows until no one is in the room, then pick lock.

Pick pocket key to lock.

Make friend with or become employed and allowed to go though door.

Computer games by their nature clearly do not allow all possible ideas to work. It becomes a matter of finding a way of entering the cellar without being caught. There again sometimes there are some things that can not be done. In Pool of Radiance there was a trap that despite 100 times could not be disarmed.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 15:56:28
Why do you have to pick the lock?
KeredDrahcir Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 15:03:54
It just suggests trying to pick the lock in one the many pubs in Hillsfar. The options in the pub allow you to do one thing at a time so if you cause a distraction, it would be over by the time you get round to picking the lock.
I think there is an option to sleep everyone but this never works on the whole pub and I don't the option is there for a theif. I think you have to be a mage to do that.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 14:52:46
Hmmm... Not familiar with this game...

Are any specific pubs mentioned? Is there any way to cause a distraction, whilst picking the lock?
KeredDrahcir Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 13:39:31
I have a PC version that runs in old DOS using DOSBOX. There are sites about it on the Internet but I couldn't find a forum to ask questions.
Kentinal Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 02:32:44
This appears to be part of the Pool of Radiance series, though I suspect updated, however on about 1998 Interplay released "All 12 Forgotten Realms Titles". The system requirements were 386/40 (486/33 recommended etc. Few if any are these days use anything less then a Pentium (or versions of what would have been 586).
KeredDrahcir Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 01:21:20
It's in a computer game. It is sometime known as Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and it usually intended to increace expereince of a character between two games although you can (as I do) create a character there and play with that character.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Dec 2013 : 00:22:02
quote:
Originally posted by KeredDrahcir

Okay thanks. I'll see what happens.

My problem is when playing as a theif in the Hillsfar Adventure. You always get up to a spot where you are told to pick the cellar door in one of the many pubs in Hillsfar. This invariably get me thrown out of ALL the pubs. Is there someway to prevent getting caught while doing it or is there a particlar pub I need to do it in first?

Is this in a particular published adventure, or is this in a computer game?
KeredDrahcir Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 21:50:15
Okay thanks. I'll see what happens.

My problem is when playing as a theif in the Hillsfar Adventure. You always get up to a spot where you are told to pick the cellar door in one of the many pubs in Hillsfar. This invariably get me thrown out of ALL the pubs. Is there someway to prevent getting caught while doing it or is there a particlar pub I need to do it in first?
Kentinal Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 21:18:05
Either can work, an adventure can be the correct spot, if not Realms specific, If Realms specific either shelf likely would be considered proper.

Of course I am not a moderator and they decisions matter more then my opinion. If my advive is too flawed the scroll will be moved to an other shelf. *S*
KeredDrahcir Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 21:09:31
Thanks. Would you like me to post my question to Running of Realms or is okay here. It is a D&D game.
Kentinal Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 19:01:20
Well running the Realms you are on the correct shelf. It of course would help to know what game you are playing.

If you are interested in help with an RPG that is not Realm related or D&D related I do not believe there is a shelf here for discussion as such.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000