Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Realmslore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 22:58:45
Well met

Let it be known that we are now more actively seeking Realms material and urging fellow scribes of Candlekeep to send forth their personal works and collections to share with other Forgotten Realms fans here in the library, to add to the ever growing vaults of Realmslore made available for all to see.

Therefore, any such material penned by yourself on any Realms subject will be greatfully appreciated. Whether it be official reproductions and collected material or your own expansions, we will be happy to hear from you.

For example, please stop by and take a look at the scrolls found in the Travelers Notebooks room, Adventures in Faerun and Realms Lore chambers. Notes and Journals are also welcome, other such items can be read here.

Of course, your contribution will be well credited and your name listed with your work and on the main credits scroll.

If ye have anything you wish to submit or have any queries then please contact me.

Thank ye for your time.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CorellonsDevout Posted - 25 May 2017 : 17:03:30
I was working on something, but it got set aside. It's on my mind, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it.
Daviot Posted - 23 May 2017 : 22:57:43
Great to hear it! I kind of did a double-take when I got a thread reminder, it'd been so long. :P
Alaundo Posted - 23 May 2017 : 20:59:01
Well met

Just a notification that I will be updating some main site content over the next couple of weeks. If any members wish to have any material included on the site (be that Campaign journals, stories, lore articles etc.) then please drop me a PM on the forum or email (alaundo@candlekeep.com).

If you have posted an article in the forum and I have not contacted you either privately or by a reply post, then I may have missed the thread, so please give me a nudge by the above methods if you wish your material included

Many thanks, fellow scribes.
Gers Posted - 24 Jul 2014 : 01:02:58
Hello,

I was wondering any one has some expertise in what sort of poisons might be in use in the Realms? Most specifically, ones that are multipart, in that two normally harmless substances that, when eaten or drunk together, becomes toxic inside the victim's body, or otherwise aren't subject to normal detect poison spells. Any help would be appreciated.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jun 2014 : 23:03:46
quote:
Originally posted by spirit_guardian93

Apparently a lot has changed since 3.5e, but I am currently running a campaign with characters who wish to take a culinary tour of the realms. Are the records in Volothamp's guides still accurate or are they obsolete now that the Sundering has occurred?

They're 100+ years out of date...
spirit_guardian93 Posted - 03 Jun 2014 : 21:39:55
Apparently a lot has changed since 3.5e, but I am currently running a campaign with characters who wish to take a culinary tour of the realms. Are the records in Volothamp's guides still accurate or are they obsolete now that the Sundering has occurred?
KacyCrawford Posted - 26 Aug 2013 : 16:48:57
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I still have my brother Brian's original timelines up on Loremaster.org for those interested. It's fairly complete minus anything newer. (http://www.loremaster.org/portal/).

Great, this looks pretty, thanks for sharing
Sightless Posted - 04 Jun 2013 : 04:00:05
I'm still working on my "titles in Thay," and "Mysteries of the Weave," as soon as they are finished, I'll send them along.
Matt James Posted - 04 Jun 2013 : 03:00:41
I still have my brother Brian's original timelines up on Loremaster.org for those interested. It's fairly complete minus anything newer. (http://www.loremaster.org/portal/).
hashimashadoo Posted - 29 May 2013 : 16:47:39
I have what I like to call an "expansion pack" to the Grand History of the Realms. Stuff the original missed that I'm slowly adding to the FR wiki. It's currently a 612Kb word document and still very much a WiP but at 61 pages I've been considering dumping it somewhere so that I don't have to do all the work myself.

Edit: Am in the process of reviewing the stuff from Loremaster in my free time for anything I may have missed. Apart from a few minor details, from what I can see, I haven't missed much.
EltonJ Posted - 05 May 2012 : 02:21:28
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Let it be known that we are now more actively seeking Realms material and urging fellow scribes of Candlekeep to send forth their personal works and collections to share with other Forgotten Realms fans here in the library, to add to the ever growing vaults of Realmslore made available for all to see.

Therefore, any such material penned by yourself on any Realms subject will be greatfully appreciated. Whether it be official reproductions and collected material or your own expansions, we will be happy to hear from you.

For example, please stop by and take a look at the scrolls found in the Travelers Notebooks room, Adventures in Faerun and Realms Lore chambers. Notes and Journals are also welcome, other such items can be read here.

Of course, your contribution will be well credited and your name listed with your work and on the main credits scroll.

If ye have anything you wish to submit or have any queries then please contact me.

Thank ye for your time.

I guess I can submit my present campaign.
The Sage Posted - 19 Oct 2009 : 08:11:51
Well, if and when you'd like to include it here at Candlekeep, let me know.
Stonwulfe Posted - 19 Oct 2009 : 07:51:53
I'm working on a 4e plot... The death of Shar.
The Sage Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 15:20:03
Yes. All the material currently stored here at Candlekeep, will be included with the upgrade to Candlekeep 2. There'll likely be new stuff as well.
Snowblood Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 15:09:22
so when are you guys gonna revamp the CK site so that you include all the new stuff in Alaundo's library..it must be over flowing by now.....
althen artren Posted - 17 Jan 2009 : 19:23:44
Scrolls shared, Alaundo:

Awesome! I always wanted to write my own accessory.
Now this gives me more confidence to write more.
Alaundo Posted - 04 Jan 2009 : 15:41:28
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Hey Alaundo,
I'm not wondering about it getting online, as I know you
waiting for the fansite guidelines from WOTC. But have you
read any of my submission? If you have, did you find it
insightful and or of possible use?
Just wondering, your the only other person to have a copy.

Well met, Althen

Fear not, I haven't forgot thy pennings and certainly find them to be of great value. They'll be appearing here on Candlekeep shortly
althen artren Posted - 02 Jan 2009 : 02:21:54
Hey Alaundo,
I'm not wondering about it getting online, as I know you
waiting for the fansite guidelines from WOTC. But have you
read any of my submission? If you have, did you find it
insightful and or of possible use?
Just wondering, your the only other person to have a copy.
Dalor Darden Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 03:52:14
quote:
Originally posted by MirrorMirror

Im interested in developing the Segara Sea and southern/southwestern coastal areas of Malatra. I assume the cultures of the region would be based on India/Indonesia/Southeast Asia. I would be interested in hearin any idea or materials anyone would wish to share.

You may want to speak with the fella Markustay. While he may not be able to answer every single question you have; he will most likely know someone who can...he loves the Kara-Tur area and has done a great deal of work on it I believe.

Also, he is simply great with maps of all the forgotten realms.
MirrorMirror Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 02:51:11
Im interested in developing the Segara Sea and southern/southwestern coastal areas of Malatra. I assume the cultures of the region would be based on India/Indonesia/Southeast Asia. I would be interested in hearin any idea or materials anyone would wish to share.
althen artren Posted - 16 Oct 2008 : 01:46:24
Spells stilled, Alaundo.

My work is almost finished. Should be able to turn it in tomarrow night late.
It is Myth Drannor, revisited in 1378 DR, covering buildings and lore in 712 DR,
1356 DR, and 1375-1378 DR. I hope this lore can be put in Candlekeep.
I will be emailing it to you as soon as I can.
Alaundo Posted - 05 Oct 2008 : 19:33:47
quote:
Originally posted by xaviera

My first post here...

I'm looking for any prayers or hymns to Sune, Lliira or Sharess, and in return I offer a few of my own to the latter goddess for your perusal <here>.

As an addendum to the above, most of the information in the overarching topic "The Scrolls of Xee" is derived from in-game chat in the NWN PW of Amia, but I've also tried to expand on the doctrine of Sharess. It's not canon Realms (including as it does references to local persons, happenings and deities), but feel free to adapt it for your own uses. I hope it might provide some inspiration to those interested in playing a Sharessin.

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, xaviera

Splendid! Good work indeed. I'll delve more into this scroll later
xaviera Posted - 05 Oct 2008 : 17:51:02
My first post here...

I'm looking for any prayers or hymns to Sune, Lliira or Sharess, and in return I offer a few of my own to the latter goddess for your perusal <here>.

As an addendum to the above, most of the information in the overarching topic "The Scrolls of Xee" is derived from in-game chat in the NWN PW of Amia, but I've also tried to expand on the doctrine of Sharess. It's not canon Realms (including as it does references to local persons, happenings and deities), but feel free to adapt it for your own uses. I hope it might provide some inspiration to those interested in playing a Sharessin.
Alaundo Posted - 17 Jul 2008 : 10:44:20
quote:
Originally posted by Daviot

Alaundo, I've done writeups of Faerūnian firearms for my own campaigns, based on 2e stuff and a bit modified from the 3.5 rules: In exchange for power and slight armor penetration, I've given the guns more realistic ranges, weights, and reloading times (3-4 rounds), cross-referenced with 14th-16th century firearms.

I also tossed in Shou rockets (as a self-launching grenade-like weapon) and a non-magical version of the Thayan siege gun (since 3E made the bombard into a magical weapon, I made the siege gun into a different weapon, a giant smokepowder weapon similar to the siege guns used against Constantinople in 1453.)

May I send it to you via email to see if it would be something to add to the 'Keep?

Well met

Oh indeed, Daviot That sounds very intriguing and i'll eagerly await thy mail
Daviot Posted - 17 Jul 2008 : 00:00:39
Alaundo, I've done writeups of Faerūnian firearms for my own campaigns, based on 2e stuff and a bit modified from the 3.5 rules: In exchange for power and slight armor penetration, I've given the guns more realistic ranges, weights, and reloading times (3-4 rounds), cross-referenced with 14th-16th century firearms.

I also tossed in Shou rockets (as a self-launching grenade-like weapon) and a non-magical version of the Thayan siege gun (since 3E made the bombard into a magical weapon, I made the siege gun into a different weapon, a giant smokepowder weapon similar to the siege guns used against Constantinople in 1453.)

May I send it to you via email to see if it would be something to add to the 'Keep?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000