Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Time of troubles (exact duration)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marco Volo Posted - 26 Mar 2012 : 21:15:14
Hello folks,
Does anyone know where I can find how many weeks/months last the Time of troubles ?
I don't know if any Sage have ever answer this question.

Thanks for helping,

Marco
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alruane Posted - 19 Nov 2013 : 01:54:50
I was curious about this to.
Marco Volo Posted - 28 Mar 2012 : 21:07:28
Thanks to all of you for your help.
The Sage Posted - 28 Mar 2012 : 01:47:36
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I don't recall the exact timeline of the Time of Troubles ever been fully detailed. But A Grand History of the Realms provides a suitably referenced series of dates, as do the older adventure modules which explore the event.

And not forgetting the excellent FR Atlas by Karen Wynn Fonstad on pages 128-129 that lists major events in order as well as having more pages devoted to the story aspect of the the 'heroes' travels (or should that be travails?) during the ToT (plus fantastic cartography based on Ed's originals)

Cheers

Damian

Ah, yes. I neglected to mentioned the Forgotten Realms Atlas. I keep forgetting that it offers a listing of the major events, much like the Dragonlance Atlas [probably my favourite of the Fonstad-era] offers the breakdown for the War of the Lance.
crazedventurers Posted - 28 Mar 2012 : 00:22:11
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I don't recall the exact timeline of the Time of Troubles ever been fully detailed. But A Grand History of the Realms provides a suitably referenced series of dates, as do the older adventure modules which explore the event.

And not forgetting the excellent FR Atlas by Karen Wynn Fonstad on pages 128-129 that lists major events in order as well as having more pages devoted to the story aspect of the the 'heroes' travels (or should that be travails?) during the ToT (plus fantastic cartography based on Ed's originals)

Cheers

Damian
The Sage Posted - 27 Mar 2012 : 02:51:09
BEAST Posted - 27 Mar 2012 : 02:50:19
According to the Forgotten Realms Atlas (2E), The Time of Troubles began with the arrival of the gods in the Realms on 15-Kythorn (June), 1358 DR; and ran through 15-Marpenoth (October), 1358 DR.

So that would be approximately four months, plus inter-month special/high/seasonal festival days.
sleyvas Posted - 26 Mar 2012 : 21:42:55
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Hello folks,
Does anyone know where I can find how many weeks/months last the Time of troubles ?
I don't know if any Sage have ever answer this question.

Thanks for helping,

Marco

Check the Grand History of the Realms. I'm betting they bring it down to the day... could be wrong, but that'll probably be your closest resource.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 26 Mar 2012 : 21:39:06
I'm not sure about weeks, but i believe the entire Avatar Trilogy (Time of Troubles) began and ended during the year 1358.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000