Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Eldreth Veluuthra information

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nilus Reynard Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 04:45:44
I am building a campaign that centers on evil & CN aligned characters riding the Moonshae Isle of Moray of the Eldreth Veluuthra. The players will be fighting beside/allied with the People of the Black Blood. One of my old characters, a human Huntmaster of Malar will be an npc in the game.

Besides the fact that they hate humans, I know very little else about them.

What are their favored types of attacks? Do they go for all out battles or are they more of the strike-from-cover type of fighters?

How many members does the Eldreth Veluuthra have & will more respond from elsewhere if one of their cells/groups is attacked?

Will they run if outnumbered/outmatched or will they fight to the last person?

That and any other info anyone has would really be helpful.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 27 Oct 2011 : 01:52:42
$4 well spent. Great tome of lore.
Nilus Reynard Posted - 26 Oct 2011 : 23:09:54
I found the Cloak & Dagger book for sale here.

I went to a used bookstore that I frequent & started looking through alot of the misc. gaming stuff that they had on a back shelf. I found the Cloak & Dagger tome on the top shelf /w/ no price listed. I asked the fellow there how much he wanted for it and he said "I still have that thing?! I got that years ago, four bucks and its yours."

Caught a lucky break this time. Thanks for all the info, otherwise I never would have known to even look for it.
Brimstone Posted - 23 Oct 2011 : 07:02:55
They got a write up in Champions of Ruin IIRC.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Oct 2011 : 05:35:48
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Nilus Reynard

quote:

Do you have access to the 2e Cloak & Dagger tome? Because it largely covers most of what you're asking here.

No, I don't. But I will search to see if its available anywhere around here.

You can also check online stores for availability also, like nobleknight.com. I've seen a few reasonably priced second-hand copies pop up on there as well.

And I see it frequently on eBay.
The Sage Posted - 23 Oct 2011 : 03:12:24
quote:
Originally posted by Nilus Reynard

quote:

Do you have access to the 2e Cloak & Dagger tome? Because it largely covers most of what you're asking here.

You can also check online stores for availability also, like nobleknight.com. I've seen a few reasonably priced second-hand copies pop up on there as well.
Nilus Reynard Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 18:43:07
quote:

MalariaMoon Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 14:14:35
They're also covered in 3e Lords of Darkness .
Hawkins Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 06:46:05
If I remember correctly, there was some info on the People of the Black Blood in the 3e resource, The Silver Marches. Consequently, this also reminds me that I need to procure a copy of Cloak & Dagger at some point.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 05:18:11
I think the single best source on the Victorious Blade would be Cloak & Dagger, a truly wonderful 2E resource.
The Sage Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 05:12:41
Kentinal Posted - 22 Oct 2011 : 05:12:08
Well I found this, http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040519a that provides some information. A secret society by its nature has not well known rules.

Organization likely much like the French resistance of WWII, cell organization, each cell number varied, where only one or two know about how to contact a different cell or leadership. Area of operations likely small for each cell. Becoming a free agent to roam realms, a first step up to leadership status. That elf would know more cells and passwords then the lowest member.

If a cell meeting was discovered by foes there would be about three choices, try to convince intruder that meeting for another reason perhaps condemning the Eldreth Veluuthra in part, killing the interloper if first does not work, the third option would be fleeing at first sign of intrusion and if members know who intruder was kill him later.

In effect there are no rules except local rules except kill humans without being caught and stay to the secret oath binding the group together.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000