Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 question regarding the best of the realms.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swifty Posted - 12 Dec 2010 : 16:28:42
although i havent gotten round to reading many of the 'realms of' series yet i was just wondering if there is any incentive to buy the best ofs.im a bit of a completist anyway but is there any new stories in them.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 23:53:52
No wonder it's on sale...

BotR 2 was also on sale when I bought it. Though I read only half of it.
The Sage Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 23:49:20
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

When was this book published? I saw it on the On Sale section of Powerbooks weeks ago; only books that are a year or more old occupy that section. I'll see if 'tis still there...

'Twas May 2007.
Dennis Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 22:29:33
Anything that features Liriel is interesting.

When was this book published? I saw it on the On Sale section of Powerbooks weeks ago; only books that are a year or more old occupy that section. I'll see if 'tis still there...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 22:04:07
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

"Answered Prayers" sounds interesting. Might as well add this to my list.

I quite enjoyed that story, myself. It was nice to see Liriel again, and her new role was one that made much sense for her.
Dennis Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 22:01:48
"Answered Prayers" sounds interesting. Might as well add this to my list.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 20:15:01
I gotta get that one!
ElaineCunningham Posted - 13 Dec 2010 : 19:29:09
Swifty, Best of the Realms Book 3 has three new stories. There's "The Knights of Samular," which ties up a few of the loose ends from THORNHOLD, "Answered Prayers," a story about Liriel that picks up 10 years after the events of WINDWALKER, and a short folk tale retold by one of the characters in CITY OF SPLENDORS, who was collecting these tales as a gift for the young King Azoun V. There's also the complete text to the bawdy ballad "Elminster's Jest," the ballad sung by the singing sword in ELFSONG.
Alisttair Posted - 13 Dec 2010 : 12:24:18
In regards to the Best of the Realm book 1, there is only 1 new story, and it's the last one in the book, written by Salvatore. IIRC it is an Entreri/Jarlaxle story.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Dec 2010 : 03:59:32
I particularly liked having the Best of Elaine handy when I was reading her Songs & Swords books, recently: it was so much easier to have one book at hand, rather than tearing back to the bookshelf to find the proper Best of book when it was time to read another short story. Obviously, I was reading the books and short stories in chronological order.
The Hooded One Posted - 12 Dec 2010 : 17:07:36
Yes, all of them I've bought so far have contained at least one new story. Ed's had more than a few, plus some VERY obscure stories (as in: only one or two copies published, so "new" to all the rest of us).
love,
THO

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000