Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Monastery of the Yellow Rose maps?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ionik Knight Posted - 09 Sep 2010 : 02:11:14
Anyone know where I can get a map of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose, AKA Citadel of the White Worm? If not any detailed descriptions of the layout?

Thanks in Advance
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Halidan Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 22:46:25
I can't wait to see the results. Thanks in advance for all the hard work
Ionik Knight Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 20:33:16
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Generic stuff but usable:

Monastery Map 1

Thanks so much Markustay, I had started researching essential ingredients to a self-supporting monastery. This will help enormously. Look for my floor plans of the Yellow Rose sometime after Halloween.
Markustay Posted - 15 Sep 2010 : 20:31:06
Generic stuff but usable:

Monastery Map 1

Monastery map 2

Eastern Monastery Map

MiddleEastern Style Monastery

Tombraider Monastery
Halidan Posted - 15 Sep 2010 : 18:18:07
Coach - While the Northern Journey Book 7 does have a map of a monastery, it's called the Monastery of the Golden Cup, not the Monastery of the Yellow Rose. It might work for what Ionik Knight is looking for, although it is an outside view only, no layout of the room and such.

Sorry, but that's all they have.
coach Posted - 14 Sep 2010 : 20:06:07
there is no map

Northern Journey may have a non-canon one in their Vintyri project

it is massive i do know that
Halidan Posted - 12 Sep 2010 : 14:44:16
Personally, I've never seen anything like the maps you're describing Ionik. I'm afraid you're on your own. Get creative and then post them here for all of us to admire.
Ionik Knight Posted - 12 Sep 2010 : 00:26:19
Sorry BEAST, I meant a map of the monastery itself rather than a map displaying it the monastery's location. An aerial view, floor-plans, or a dungeon map would be perfect. The writeup is certainly excellent information.

Thanks
BEAST Posted - 11 Sep 2010 : 23:33:46
A map can be found <here>. Scroll down to the "Damara" section and click on that colored map. A black & white map pops up; the monastery is located in the lower-left-hand corner.

Found <this write-up> on the monastery. It seems to be a loose paraphrase of the sources, though I haven't read it all the way through.

Several other informational sites can be found on Google.
Daviot Posted - 09 Sep 2010 : 05:07:24
My fellow scribes may know differently, but I don't know of a map, offhand.

The 2e supplement The Bloodstone Lands has an entry on the monastery on pages 41-42, but other than meager descriptions of it having extensive catacombs and the building constantly being expanded, the book in general talks about the monks more than the building.

The Monastery also gets brief mention in the 2e Faiths & Avatars and 3e Campaign Setting, and I'm told it factors into the Year of Rogue Dragons novel trilogy, to which I don't have access.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000