Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Neverwinter EZine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 25 Aug 2010 : 21:44:23
The Neverwinter EZine

It has a map of Neverwinter.

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gelcur Posted - 27 Aug 2010 : 00:40:31
Yep just leafed through the book and yes almost every page of the Neverwinter Book 1 was in that book. Gauntlgrym is new, and there is a lot of content that was in the book that is missing from the EZine. There were more maps which was the primary reason I bought it.
The Red Walker Posted - 27 Aug 2010 : 00:39:33
It's really nice. And it makes me wish for one for Paul Kemps new trilogy...I'd love to see maps of the main locales as well as the character write-ups. Heck I want one for every new trilogy.....and all the old ones as well
Asgetrion Posted - 27 Aug 2010 : 00:28:17
Hmmm... while the map (and artwork) is gorgeous, I don't think it matches Neverwinter's description; the city should be "shaped like an eye", with the river winding through it.
Brimstone Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 23:10:24
I thought some of the Art looked familiar.
Matt James Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 20:07:36
Awesome. Purely awesome :)
Sith_Lord_Drizzt Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 19:45:03
I like it! :)
skychrome Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 17:49:58
Beautiful! Way to go!
Gelcur Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 17:34:52
I knew I recognized the art from somewhere. I'll have to check it page by page but a lot of the artwork and maps seem to be from the Reader's Guide to the Legend of Drizzt, seen here and here.

I specifically remember buying it not because of Drizzt but because it had cool maps that I had never seen before.

I'll compare the two when I get home.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 15:31:13
Well *that's* a pretty thing.

Seems to me the Jewel of the North is actually Silverymoon, but minor typo aside, this is pretty rock-on.

Cheers
Brimstone Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 10:40:27
I will probably get the next Drizzle book because of this.
The Sage Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 07:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

If I am not mistaken, there has never been an official published map of Neverwinter up til now, has there? At least, I remember looking for one a while back and becoming very frustrated at not finding one.
I was surprised by this myself. But since the city will be receiving a grand of degree of attention in the coming year, it's fair to say that things have now changed.

There's an in-game reason for a lack of Neverwinter maps, of course, back in 2e as clearly stated in the "Neverwinter" entry of Volo's Guide to the North:-
quote:
"Nasher doesn't allow maps of the city to be made (hence the lack of one in these pages). This is to keep the spies of Luskan busy and add a minor measure of difficulty to any Luskanite invasion plans."
It's reasonable to assume, though, that with Luskan falling into such a state of decay in the post-Spellplague period, concerns about an invasion of Neverwinter have lessened somewhat.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 07:05:44
Ahem... got that out of my system.

I'd like to point out a couple of other things besides the map. Like the fact that they finally have artwork detailing the pommels of Twinkle and Icingdeath. Yes, I already have replicas, but this means that there's a basis now and I can get new ones! {fanboy squee}

Also, to have Drizzt, Bruenor, Jarlaxle, Artemis, Thibbledorf, Athrogate AND Szass Tam in one book? [barney stinson falsetto]AWESOME![/barney]
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 06:58:56
[smeagol]

Tricksy little WotCies! They MADE me download that e-zine! They MADE me get interested in RAS's next book! They are tricksy!

GOLLUM-GOLLUM

[/smeagol]
Gray Richardson Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 06:50:50
Heh, the Dire Corby looks a little like a skeksis. I am fond of these guys.
Gray Richardson Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 06:48:31
There's a map of Neverwinter! And some beautiful art of it as well! If I am not mistaken, there has never been an official published map of Neverwinter up til now, has there? At least, I remember looking for one a while back and becoming very frustrated at not finding one. But now there is! Impressive!
George Krashos Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 06:28:24
Nice to see that the correct history of Gauntlgrym is now being adhered to.

-- George Krashos
Bakra Posted - 26 Aug 2010 : 01:31:48
And a map to Luskan, Mithral Hall, some darn good artwork, and I'm really impressed with this Ezine.

And the rumor is true, there will be a board-game.
Diffan Posted - 25 Aug 2010 : 22:12:55
Just beautiful!!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000