Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 4e Questions - NO discussion!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 19 Jun 2010 : 02:03:12
#1 - I know the Zhents of Zhentil keep were destroyed, but what about the Zhents elsewhere? Who is in charge of Darkhold now? Citadel of the Raven?

#2 - Where can I find out what happened to the Cormanthor Drow? I believe I read that they were all destroyed when the Elves 'came home' (BTW, that might actually be a 3e question - I didn't read that trilogy).

#3 - Have Goblinoids been affected in any major way I need know about? You know, like how Drow were affected, or how Worgs look different, or how the Locathah got meaner looking.

#4 - Are most Drow still Drow, and are they pretty much the same? What about the rest of the Underdark - any major changes there I'd need to know about?

#5 - Has technology made any advances forward, or have we actually taken a step backwards from a burgeoning Renaissance?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 03 Mar 2020 : 00:51:13
Master Zeromaru X,

Well, I am going to go take my blood pressure meds now...

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I guess they said to mean that unlike Toril, Abeir was actually forgotten by the people, in-universe. Although the existence of a planet named Abeir is indeed a retcon.

Zeromaru X Posted - 03 Mar 2020 : 00:35:44
I guess they said to mean that unlike Toril, Abeir was actually forgotten by the people, in-universe. Although the existence of a planet named Abeir is indeed a retcon.
cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 23:47:11
Master Zeromaru X,

It is stated that,

quote:
With Ed Greenwood's help, the real forgotten realm Abeir returned to Toril, in the midst of a cataclysm of unleased wild magic.(Dragon Magazine #366, p.77)

I've participated in the thread discussing Toril being the original real planet, and I think you are in on that discussion too with Master Rupert.

My question:

Is that just the biggest retcon ever be declaring Toril wasn't the real forgotten realm?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

There is an article in Dragon 366 (IIRC), were they stated their official reasons.

Zeromaru X Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 23:33:32
There is an article in Dragon 366 (IIRC), were they stated their official reasons.
cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 23:23:31
Master Rupert,

What was the source of the official "hard stop"? I agree with you, but I never knew there to be an official statement or any such stated reason.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

What was the thinking behind, what seems to be, a 100 year hole in the timeline? I'm not saying there is nothing, but there is, from what I understand, very little.

Officially it was to kinda make a hard stop, so that newcomers could pick up Realms material without having to worry about all the prior material.

Personally, I think it was entirely for the designers, so they could do whatever they felt like without worrying about prior material. Not that they weren't doing that before...

Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 23:02:54
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

What was the thinking behind, what seems to be, a 100 year hole in the timeline? I'm not saying there is nothing, but there is, from what I understand, very little.

Officially it was to kinda make a hard stop, so that newcomers could pick up Realms material without having to worry about all the prior material.

Personally, I think it was entirely for the designers, so they could do whatever they felt like without worrying about prior material. Not that they weren't doing that before...
cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 22:21:37
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Aug 2017 : 04:49:07
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

100% agree. In fact, the way I spun things above is pretty-much on the same page as what Ed said (except for the details about the srinshee - I personally like to leave the 'why' part out for individual DMs to fiddle with).

A big, spread-out area of ruins ("now with with more ruins in every bite!"), with a couple of semi-recaptured places wherein certain groups would have their bases. Hell, I'd even have one building on the furthest outskirts be a combination Inn, trading post (adventurer's supplies), and temple (the bartender {owner?} IS a priest of Tymora), where one can meet with all sorts of 'shady characters' and make deals (with various factions). Maybe have a few 'support buildings' (little more than shacks) around it offering services, and call the whole proto-settlement "Torm's Rest" or some-such. You zone the whole thing off like how they do in VG's, so that different areas are for different levels of adventurers. Heck, come to think of it, that DOES sound like an interesting VG: "The retaking of Myth Drannor").

The end-quest would be to shut down the malfunctioning mythalar, which is reacting badly being mixed with the mythal (we are talking 100 megaton nuke here, if the characters don't 'disarm it' in time). Then theres a cut-scene where Amluiral and the Elves of Evermeet fly-in on wing horses and and cast a ritual which 'heals' the mythalar, and Myth Drannor is restored!

The sequel: Myth Drannor - the deep levels
3rd (and final?) chapter: Myth Drannor: Welcome to Hell

Who needs Undermountain & Halaster, when we can have a half-crazed, cackling Elminster. Its basically a mega-dungeon set in a wilderness - I really don't think thats been done before.

We already have an insane lich there -- Druth Daern. So far as I know, he's never been mentioned outside of the Myth Drannor boxed set -- which means he's never officially been destroyed or driven off.
Markustay Posted - 27 Aug 2017 : 02:21:26
100% agree. In fact, the way I spun things above is pretty-much on the same page as what Ed said (except for the details about the srinshee - I personally like to leave the 'why' part out for individual DMs to fiddle with).

A big, spread-out area of ruins ("now with with more ruins in every bite!"), with a couple of semi-recaptured places wherein certain groups would have their bases. Hell, I'd even have one building on the furthest outskirts be a combination Inn, trading post (adventurer's supplies), and temple (the bartender {owner?} IS a priest of Tymora), where one can meet with all sorts of 'shady characters' and make deals (with various factions). Maybe have a few 'support buildings' (little more than shacks) around it offering services, and call the whole proto-settlement "Torm's Rest" or some-such. You zone the whole thing off like how they do in VG's, so that different areas are for different levels of adventurers. Heck, come to think of it, that DOES sound like an interesting VG: "The retaking of Myth Drannor").

The end-quest would be to shut down the malfunctioning mythalar, which is reacting badly being mixed with the mythal (we are talking 100 megaton nuke here, if the characters don't 'disarm it' in time). Then theres a cut-scene where Amluiral and the Elves of Evermeet fly-in on wing horses and and cast a ritual which 'heals' the mythalar, and Myth Drannor is restored!

The sequel: Myth Drannor - the deep levels
3rd (and final?) chapter: Myth Drannor: Welcome to Hell

Who needs Undermountain & Halaster, when we can have a half-crazed, cackling Elminster. Its basically a mega-dungeon set in a wilderness - I really don't think thats been done before.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Aug 2017 : 01:38:44
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

^This is what I remember Ed saying, and then the SCAG suggested it was completely destroyed (based on the wording). I know lore gets overwritten all the time, which is why I said "we'll see". I think they destroyed MD again because people liked the ruins, so they "gave us the ruins back" (even though there was still unexplored areas when MD was restored). Personally, I like Ed's explanation better. It seems kind of silly to bring back a city only to destroy it (and another city) again a century later, though granted that kind of thing can and does happen.

Personally, I think the sillier thing was that a city laying in ruins for centuries, with twisted magic, fiends, and a host of other nastybads prowling about, somehow became cleansed, settled, and rebuilt in a handful of years.

Yes, I get that an elven army followed a fey'ri army into there -- but to me, that end result is still unrealistic. My thinking is that an armed outpost would be the more logical development, spreading out from there over a matter of decades to cleanse and rebuild the city.
Irennan Posted - 26 Aug 2017 : 23:32:36
The full article is here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/after-fall
CorellonsDevout Posted - 26 Aug 2017 : 23:29:27
^This is what I remember Ed saying, and then the SCAG suggested it was completely destroyed (based on the wording). I know lore gets overwritten all the time, which is why I said "we'll see". I think they destroyed MD again because people liked the ruins, so they "gave us the ruins back" (even though there was still unexplored areas when MD was restored). Personally, I like Ed's explanation better. It seems kind of silly to bring back a city only to destroy it (and another city) again a century later, though granted that kind of thing can and does happen.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Aug 2017 : 22:28:35
A quote from Ed, on this topic:

quote:
When the POSSIBLE danger of Thultanthar crashing became apparent (i.e. when the city started flying towards Myth Drannor, not when what El did became obvious) the Srinshee contacted all the Myth Drannan baelnorn she could and commanded them to get to the Tree of Souls and magically shield and defend it, warping the Weave to form a protective barrier around it (so when Thultanthar came crashing down, it would punch through the city like a spike, and protect the Tree). This was done, and the Tree has survived. There has been some consternation among certain readers about Myth Drannor being entirely in ruins, but not so. Like any city that’s been fought through, a big cleanup is in order, but Thultanthar is a pretty small city, and Myth Drannor, being “at one with the forest” [growing trees as dwellings, trees and moss and open forest terrain everywhere, not human-habit “pave over everything” architecture, is a very large (in footprint) city. So a relatively small area of Myth Drannor was pancaked under the shattered remnants of Shade.
Markustay Posted - 26 Aug 2017 : 18:11:08
Lore gets overwritten all the time, and a lot of times our 'first look' at something (where we first hear about it in a new edition) turns out to be "not quite the truth" later on (when the designers start taking a closer look at each region, and what they want to do with it... plans change, after all).

Just destroying Myth Drannor - something central to Ed's home games - would be completely counter-intuitive. If it were me - and these guys are supposed to be 'professionals', so I damn sure hope they are BETTER than me - I would say it 'crashed on the outskirts', and the damage to Myth Drannor was severe, but not nearly as 'total' as people first thought. In that way, instead of getting rid of a perfectly good adventuring region (that could provide MANY adventures of all different levels), we get a ruin on top of another ruin (sort of next to it, in car-accident kind of way), so that now we have DOUBLE the area of 'interesting places' to visit.

It would also allow for us to have several 'power groups' with bases all around the place, all looking to 'find magical treasures' from both cities. Also, perhaps there were still some more intact stuff completely hidden by the old Mythal, and when the two magical fields (Mythal and Mythalar) came into contact, they scrambled each other, revealing.......... NEVER BEFORE SEEN ELVEN RUINS THAT MAY BE IN VERY GOOD SHAPE, and have NOT been explored for the past few centuries by thousands of previous adventurers.

Thats what I would do - instead of 'making the situation worse' (game-wise), I'd say it increased its usefulness exponentially.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 25 Aug 2017 : 17:00:14
Yeah, those events are covered in The Herald . Most of the elves from MD are in Semberholme or Evereska, now. Ed said it wasn't entirely destroyed, but the SCAG suggests it was so...we'll see.
Irennan Posted - 25 Aug 2017 : 10:59:54
You're welcome. And yes, that was one of the changes brought by the Sundering/5e that I didn't like at all (I liked the restoration of what was lost--for example, Tymanther/Old Empires was handled well IMO, because while Unther and Mulhorand are back, Tymanther and the dragonborn aren't just gone. Tymanther is still there, albeit much diminished).
Markustay Posted - 25 Aug 2017 : 05:07:45
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

Okay, what happened to the Netherese?

I know that sounds like a rather stupid question, and I know we've probably been over it several times, but I am having a 'senior moment' right now. They're 'not around' in 5e, correct?

Thultanthar crashed on Myth Drannor and was destroyed. As for the consequences, this is from Ed himself:
Oh, DANG.

Now THAT is what I call 'heavy handed'. Destroy Thultanthar and 'Returned Myth Drannor' in one swell foop.

Just... DAMN!

Thanks for the speedy response, BTW
Irennan Posted - 25 Aug 2017 : 05:01:51
quote:

I know that sounds like a rather stupid question, and I know we've probably been over it several times, but I am having a 'senior moment' right now. They're 'not around' in 5e, correct?

Thultanthar crashed on Myth Drannor and was destroyed. As for the consequences, this is from Ed himself:

quote:
Three ambitious heirs to the rule of Thultanthar—a city that no longer exists, though there are other surviving Netherese cities that could be taken over, and plenty of newer, non-Netherese cities that could be conquered, for that matter—survive and are working together.

Two are the beautiful and cunning sisters Lelavdra and Manarlume, both daughters of Prince Dethud and therefore Princesses of Thultanthar in their own right, a pair of unscrupulous, ruthless manipulators quite willing to seduce and cozen to gain their own ways. Manarlume is the elder sister and the more thoughtful, and Lelavdra is the more assertive and impulsive; neither wants to work or govern without the other. The third is the able arcanist Gwelt, whom the Most High trusted with organizing a resistance movement to the rule of the Princes, so malcontents could be gathered, identified, and later mercilessly dealt with in relative ease.

Now calling themselves “the Three,” these young and ambitious Shadovar seek to gather together surviving Thultanthans under their command, the two women claiming their right to rule by blood inheritance, and Gwelt claiming to be carrying out the orders of the Most High—authority Telamont expressly gave to him—in asserting his right to command.

At the moment, the Three are in firm accord and consider themselves good friends, though who knows what the stresses of decision-making over time will lead to?

Their initial actions have been to find and rally surviving Thultanthans (almost threescore arcanists of low rank, and just over twenty non-Shadovar Thultanthan citizens) to “the Court of the Three,” with Gwelt doing most of the hunting down and persuading. Their professed aim was to “continue Thultanthan society in a remote refuge and to seek a new role on the altered Toril we find ourselves in, keeping to ourselves more than we did before, and devoting ourselves in the short term to finding allies, identifying foes and likely foes, and hiding ourselves until we are strong enough to withstand challenges.”

Gwelt privately advised the sisters to establish close relationships with the best survivors, to tighten their loyalty, and to set them all to seeking other survivors and likely allies (working separately and in disguise). “Our pride was our folly,” Gwelt says often. “We shall make mistakes, but let it not be that mistake, again.”

Gwelt himself traveled about on this work, while the sisters set to work building a home for all Thultanthans who want to stand with them, with cached supplies, in one of the least ruined fortresses of those that were formerly part of the Citadel of the Raven. They are using their magic to conceal themselves from (and spy upon) the handful of Zhents already there and rebuilding the central citadel, trying to judge who to co-opt, who to eliminate, and who to deceive for as long as possible.

Gwelt found many more survivors than he’d expected to, but was rebuffed by a surprising number of them; individuals who now personally find freedom from the Tanthuls to be a sudden flame of vital life and refuse to step back under the heel of anyone. From now on, they’re going it alone, or cooperating with fellow Shadovar on an individual, probably temporary basis, on their terms.

Or, in other words, Faerûn has just acquired a large new supply of independent, opportunistic “loner” wizards who are far from novices and whose world-view has been rocked (so they are changing).

For them and for Toril, the future could hold—anything.

--------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Rich (and the authors of the anthology) really did not touch upon the Cormanthor drow at all during the events of the Last Mythal Trilogy from what I can remember.

They were mentioned, as I recall, but there was only a scene or two with them. Again, as I recall.

If we're talking about the Jaezred Chaulussin (sp?), then yes, there were a couple scenes with them in Last Mythal. I haven't read anything more about them, but that's not surprising, considering the 4E stance on drow, and even though that has (thankfully) changed with 5E, they haven't really been covered, either.

No, the Cormanthor drow are not related to the JC. They are from the clans Jaerle and Auzkovyn (mostly Vhaeraunites), and the followers of Eilistraee.
Zeromaru X Posted - 25 Aug 2017 : 04:45:38
There are at least 3 princes alive, but they are not a major power in 5e. Their enclaves either destroyed or went back to the Shadowfell. Potentially, they are a power there.
Markustay Posted - 25 Aug 2017 : 04:38:48

CorellonsDevout Posted - 22 Aug 2017 : 17:13:18
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Rich (and the authors of the anthology) really did not touch upon the Cormanthor drow at all during the events of the Last Mythal Trilogy from what I can remember.

They were mentioned, as I recall, but there was only a scene or two with them. Again, as I recall.

If we're talking about the Jaezred Chaulussin (sp?), then yes, there were a couple scenes with them in Last Mythal. I haven't read anything more about them, but that's not surprising, considering the 4E stance on drow, and even though that has (thankfully) changed with 5E, they haven't really been covered, either.
Markustay Posted - 22 Aug 2017 : 14:00:50
You know, I was rethinking my last 5 Shires conversion (the one where I put it above the Lake of the Long Arm). I am really in love with the idea of a halfling kingdom in that spot, and with 'Luiren refugees' (their area didn't just 'blow-up' - it took some time for all that to happen) its real easy to do in 5e. However, after much deliberation, I realized (sadly) that it would be easier just to ditch 5 Shires and create something whole cloth for that region (which I plan to do, hopefully with my old buddy Dalor Darden, for the DM's Guild). That mean losing some of Ed's cool concepts, including Black Fire, but now you got me thinking I could probably just put a 'Realms spin' on things (but NOT a conversion - something NEW).

And last night I was playing with textures (I thought there wasn't supposed to be discussion in this thread? LOL!), and I am just leaving the old MotGS as a 'Wild magic Zone', which could be like the 2e ones, or it could be like the Mournland (there's a difference?), or it could be something a little different (a place where 'the veil between the worlds' was stretched thin? So aside from the 'magical chaos', you'd also have Gates opening to other worlds and planes?)

And I colored the Maerchood RED, ya know, because reasons.
sleyvas Posted - 22 Aug 2017 : 13:18:51
quote:

Casts *** Raise Scroll ***

I knew there was one with this topic - I just didn't remember I started it.

Landrise - does anyone know if its still there? I can't see any logical reason why Ao would put it back (or Grumbar), other than 'it looked cool'. Also, I can't believe I hadn't realized this before - the lower section of the Shaar - the Western Shaar, remained primarily intact. Sure, it became a desolate wasteland, but it was still there. The Upper portion of the Shaar - the part to the east of the Underchasm - had mostly gone 'underwater', including several HUGE mountain ranges... totally underwater... as in 'below sea level'. Yet, the lower side of the Landrise (hundred-foot cliffs, remember?) did NOT go under the water at all. In fact, it gained a little land (because the Lake of Steam lost a lot of water). {Heavy Sigh}

[b]Priapurl
- This one falls-out inside the Lands Mouth[/i]. The Lands Mouth is (presumeably) gone, which is fine, but the seetlement is one Mike Schley's 5e map of the Heartlands. So after the whole filled-in, the town just reappeared? Is there any lore regarding its fate?

Yeah, it would seem that what happened with the landrise is that it rose and "tilted" the land. Thus, I bet as you go eastward it slopes down. This would probably be why the river Shaar actually goes underground. Probably when the land shifted, there was an underdark tunnel (probably part of Telantiwar the dark elven civilization) and the river took to it and then exited out the land rise on the gorge where Peleveran was other side. Thus, the edge of the landrise is some of the highest points around.

I will be intrigued to see what they officially do with the area, because my assumption is not that it all collapsed and that Grumbar just filled it in. That too me grants too much power to the individual gods. My thoughts go along the lines that Grumbar pulled the land back from Abeir, which is where it had been sent. However, his moving of things isn't exactly perfect, so on the outer edges, we may have a little fluctuation of shape, etc... Meanwhile, as I mentioned in the other thread, as this was happening, Ki was anchoring nature on the other side to prevent it from getting mangled in the return.

In this concept, it would appear that the eastern Shaar was transferred to Abeir, but nothing from Abeir got transferred to Toril in this section. Given that we have Halruaa performing some ritual that shoots portions of Abeir into the shadowfell literally right next door, this could be an after effect of that, in that we had this deep pit of nothing that was the underchasm. This does bring me back to "what to do with the maw of the godswallower", and perhaps there is a good answer there. A portion of the shadowfell on Toril? We do have the Imaskari fortress very close to that Where Madryoch the Ebon Flame created the shadowstone. If we do do that though, it has to be something more than just a kingdom of shadow, otherwise it will just feel like a new Netheril. Maybe even have a portion of Ravenloft get transferred in? Wasn't there a portion of Ravenloft that actually had Bane in it? Given the whole Gilgeam/Mourktar/Bane "thing" it could prove a decent story, and provide some villains for me other than the red wizards? Maybe make the red wizards look like somewhat good guys in comparison.

SIDENOTE: Man there sure are a lot of Ebon Flames, Black Flames, Black Star, etc... references over in this region (Madryoch the Ebon Flame, Escalthar with the Black Star Mage Sigil, the black flame zealots of Kossuth). Almost makes me wonder if there weren't some entity of both fire and shadow and maybe Kossuth is just watching his portfolios.
Markustay Posted - 22 Aug 2017 : 00:19:34
Casts *** Raise Scroll ***

I knew there was one with this topic - I just didn't remember I started it.

Landrise - does anyone know if its still there? I can't see any logical reason why Ao would put it back (or Grumbar), other than 'it looked cool'. Also, I can't believe I hadn't realized this before - the lower section of the Shaar - the Western Shaar, remained primarily intact. Sure, it became a desolate wasteland, but it was still there. The Upper portion of the Shaar - the part to the east of the Underchasm - had mostly gone 'underwater', including several HUGE mountain ranges... totally underwater... as in 'below sea level'. Yet, the lower side of the Landrise (hundred-foot cliffs, remember?) did NOT go under the water at all. In fact, it gained a little land (because the Lake of Steam lost a lot of water). {Heavy Sigh}

Priapurl - This one falls-out inside the Lands Mouth. The Lands Mouth is (presumably) gone, which is fine, but the settlement is on Mike Schley's 5e map of the Heartlands. So after the whole filled-in, the town just reappeared? Is there any lore regarding its fate?
Markustay Posted - 10 Jul 2010 : 22:34:13
LOL, I had assumed as much, given the thread-header.

Thanks Ashe.

Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 10 Jul 2010 : 16:41:20
Oops!
Kyrene Posted - 10 Jul 2010 : 11:42:49
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Guide, p. 106

If Ashe is talking about the 4E book, which I suspect he did.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 09 Jul 2010 : 22:46:52
quote:

Thanks for the responses guys - I forgot all about this thread with everything else I have going on.

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

The Zhents elsewhere do exist under Lord Manshoon's last vampire clone.
I thought Citadel of the Raven was destroyed.
Is this definate?

What of Darkhold? Is it gone as well? Its fairly important for my CKC article; as in, I will have to re-think a LOT of it...

No fears:
quote:
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, p. 106

Darkhold: West of Cormyr in the Far Hills is a high-spired keep rising from a bare rocky spur on the side of Gray Watcher Mountain. This echoing stronghold was a fortress under the control of the Zhentarim and remains so to this day, despite Zhentil Keep’s failed fortunes. Darkhold’s massive doorways, corridors, and ceilings of black stone were constructed for giants. Legends variously ascribe the keep’s construction to the days when giants ruled Faerûn or to elder elementals serving as slaves for the kingdom of Netheril.
At present, the citadel houses a force of Zhent mercenaries available for any task, no matter the perfidy required to undertake it.

Markustay Posted - 09 Jul 2010 : 21:47:30
Thanks for the responses guys - I forgot all about this thread with everything else I have going on.

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

The Zhents elsewhere do exist under Lord Manshoon's last vampire clone.
I thought Citadel of the Raven was destroyed.
Is this definate?

What of Darkhold? Is it gone as well? Its fairly important for my CKC article; as in, I will have to re-think a LOT of it...

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Yes, the Eminence of Araunt is detailed in the 4E FRCG. It is a group of undead that view Tombs and Undead Lairs as a vast Empire of the Dead amongst other things...
One of the few 'juicy bits' I was able to walk away with from that tome. Like I keep saying, there were some good things in there that are very Realmsian.

Didn't they come from Returned Abeir? You know... that area Ed detailed?

BTW, good sleuthing Bagelz

And this may have given me some new play, in-case my Zhents are gone...
Kyrene Posted - 09 Jul 2010 : 16:22:15
quote:
Originally posted by bagelz

Side note, while looking for historical/mythological references to "Araunt" the word avaunt (french derivation, which would look pretty similar if handwritten) mean "hence, gone away, passed by". So if a dev had made some notes, then came back and tried to decipher his or her handwriting. The "Eminence of Avaunt" would be the "importance of those who have passed"
I think this is what I will be using in my campaign

All I can say to that is: and enjoy!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000