Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sune temples?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
woodwwad Posted - 13 May 2010 : 05:18:28
Just looking for info presented in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 3.5. No 4th e stuff please, the time line is different. Also, if you can include any refs to books that would be really appreciated, thanks.

I'm having a bit of troubling finding temples of Sune along the sword coast. I know there is one in Waterdeep & Amn is mentioned as having a lot of worship of her but I cannot find any other temples mentioned. If anyone could give my the cities or towns that temples of Sune are located in anywhere up or down the swordcoast or in the western part of the Western Heart Lands. I know about the temples in Sembia & do not need info on temples outsides of the area mentioned. It is for info on a campaign I'll be running in Balder's Gate & Amn. Thanks for any help.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Balmar Foghaven Posted - 05 Feb 2018 : 17:38:47
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

quote:
Originally posted by Dracons

Speaking up updated temples, and new ones on Velsharoon? I love having them for one of my players who is a worshipper of him, and I'd like to have an offical temple for him. My player has made alot of hidden shrines, and usually can make one follower or two from every town he has gone through.

XGTE has a spell called Temple of the Gods which can make an instant magical temple dedicated to which ever Gods (whatever the holy symbol symbolizes) used as a material compenant on the spell. Cast it in the same spot every day for a year and it becomes permenant.

Yes, I'd imagine this spell will serve well for all the clergy members of the faiths whose gods were just recently "resurrected".
Storyteller Hero Posted - 04 Feb 2018 : 19:28:50
Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast:

page 24 - The house part of "The Helm and Cloak" (Inn/Feast House in Baldur's Gate) used to be the home of a priestess of Sune, and still has ceiling paintings (it might be considered a consecrated area in a sense).

page 128 - There is a site sacred to Sune worshippers in the Backlands known as the Flame Stone, which is located in a grove called the Flame Grove. It's a popular party site for worshippers.

TBeholder Posted - 04 Feb 2018 : 18:32:39
Since the thread was risen from its grave anyway, may as well add:

A temple not on the list (yet) - The Palace of Passion in Ravens Bluff (in the Uptown district Mortonbrace, not Temple district):
quote:
Taking the Ride south to Griffon Trail, just before we reach Flaernar's Bridge (over DeVillars Creek), we turn north again at the last moment,
into an alley. The large building with one angled wing that stands closest to the creek, to the west of the alley near its end, is Wyrmhoard House (UM9),
the headquarters of the Merchant House of the same name.
[...]
Retracing our way along the alley, we pass a temple complex dedicated to Sune - three buildings, actually: an infirmary and contemplative center
to the south, the living quarters of the clergy across the creek, and the main temple itself. The Palace of Passion (UM10) hosts many revels, dances-to-exhaustion,
and more private Sunite rituals. Under the guidance of High Priestess Morlain and her husband Ilbrar the Iron, a staff of four muscular
underpriests and nine beautiful priestesses minister to both visitors and locals who worship the Lady of Love. They have many adherents among the
nobility and the wealthy merchants; social climbers are attracted to temple services whenever the Lady Belinda Moonglow, another of the Wizards
Guild deans, attends, for she always makes a show of parading through the streets beforehand, beckoning bystanders to follow her.
Cold and lonely folk huddling on the streets at night are sometimes taken in, bathed, fed, and comforted by the Sunite clergy - as are laborers
from the docks or the poorest streets, for Sune commands her clergy to always seek followers eagerly.
- The City of Ravens Bluff (#9575), p.129

Gyor Posted - 04 Feb 2018 : 16:46:24
quote:
Originally posted by Dracons

Speaking up updated temples, and new ones on Velsharoon? I love having them for one of my players who is a worshipper of him, and I'd like to have an offical temple for him. My player has made alot of hidden shrines, and usually can make one follower or two from every town he has gone through.

XGTE has a spell called Temple of the Gods which can make an instant magical temple dedicated to which ever Gods (whatever the holy symbol symbolizes) used as a material compenant on the spell. Cast it in the same spot every day for a year and it becomes permenant.
LordXenophon Posted - 04 Feb 2018 : 16:13:16
Sunites get plenty of the same action, without the opium.
xaviera Posted - 15 May 2010 : 01:04:09
Sharess, now... that's where the real action is!

The Sage Posted - 14 May 2010 : 01:29:08
Nothing comes up from a quick scan of my updated list.
Dracons Posted - 13 May 2010 : 21:10:08
The Sage Posted - 13 May 2010 : 14:49:02
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Wasn't a Temple of Sune detailed in Power of Faerun?

Yes. 'Twas the House of Firehair, in Daerlun.
Brimstone Posted - 13 May 2010 : 13:55:40
Wasn't a Temple of Sune detailed in Power of Faerun?
The Sage Posted - 13 May 2010 : 07:19:35
Oh, it hasn't been uploaded to Candlekeep yet. It just exists as a draft copy on my hard-drive.
woodwwad Posted - 13 May 2010 : 07:08:34
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think it's years out of date, but our own Named Temples of the Realms page should at least aim you in the right direction. Also, you can't go wrong by consulting a copy of Faiths & Avatars.

And I know I say it almost every time something like this comes up for discussion here at Candlekeep, but I'm presently updating the "Temples" listing -- including more recent references from novels and tomes and other sources published AFTER that original listing was put together.

Woodwwad, I'll take a quick look at it later tonight to see if any new temples for Sune have been mentioned.

If you could leave a link to this "'Temples' listing," you mentioned I'd enjoy checking it out, thanks.
woodwwad Posted - 13 May 2010 : 07:06:12
quote:

I think it's years out of date, but our own Named Temples of the Realms page should at least aim you in the right direction. Also, you can't go wrong by consulting a copy of Faiths & Avatars.

WOW, thanks a lot. That is a great resource. I've saved it. I didn't find much there for this but I think I'll find a lot of use for this in the future.

thanks again.
The Sage Posted - 13 May 2010 : 06:13:17
quote:

And I know I say it almost every time something like this comes up for discussion here at Candlekeep, but I'm presently updating the "Temples" listing -- including more recent references from novels and tomes and other sources published AFTER that original listing was put together.

Woodwwad, I'll take a quick look at it later tonight to see if any new temples for Sune have been mentioned.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 May 2010 : 05:55:39

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000