Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cultural Differences between Crown Wars nations

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lady Fellshot Posted - 13 Mar 2010 : 16:26:07
I've been doing a great deal of hunting around, but I haven't been able to find much about Keltormir, Miyeritar (aside from the renaissance they were going through) and Illefarn. I'd like things like broad outlook, which of the Seldarine they preferred in addition to Corellon Larethian... I'd love to know what grains they were growing, but realize that I might be asking too much on that score. Also if there are any good maps of Faerun at that time, that would be good too.

There's quite a bit of talk about Aryvandaar and Illythiir wandering around so I'm not particularly interested in them. Are there any recommended canon sources for this sort of thing or am I going to have to play it by ear?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lady Fellshot Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 02:24:20
Strangely enough I've been having better luck with figuring out what crops might have been grown than anything else from the sourcebook maps. :p
The Sage Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 01:44:43
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

And I'm looking for information on Aryvandaar and Ilythiir.

There's a few tidbits in the old 2e sources for elves, like Cormanthyr. And 3e's Lost Empires of Faerūn and Grand History of the Realms.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 21:11:36
Illithiir seems to have been worshiping primarily Ghaunadaur and Vaerhaun at that time. At least according to the book.
Hoondatha Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 20:16:55
Have you checked the Evermeet book by Elaine Cunningham? A number of the early chapters take place in or around both of those empires.
Zireael Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 20:05:16
And I'm looking for information on Aryvandaar and Ilythiir.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 19 Mar 2010 : 01:24:13
Yes, it would!
Jakk Posted - 19 Mar 2010 : 00:57:13
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

You can get it as a PDF download from several sites, I believe.
It's only available as a free legal PDF download at WotC.

It would be nice if more* of the older-edition products were similarly available... I wonder how many unicorns we need to sacrifice to make that happen...

* - as in, "all possible Realms products from 1987 to 2007"...
The Sage Posted - 17 Mar 2010 : 00:04:34
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

You can get it as a PDF download from several sites, I believe.
It's only available as a free legal PDF download at WotC.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 16 Mar 2010 : 20:32:48
You might also try the 2nd ed Arcane Age book Cormanthyr, as it has a bit of the Crown Wars history and a few names in the timeline section. You can get it as a PDF download from several sites, I believe. Otherwise, I'm not sure where to look.
Snowblood Posted - 16 Mar 2010 : 06:29:01
there's lots out there..look in Schends "lands of intrigue", Greenwoods "Volos guide to the.....lots" "The Shining South"....they all have tidbits....PM if you want more exact sources....
Jakk Posted - 13 Mar 2010 : 18:11:22
For the kinds of questions you're asking, I'd probably recommend asking Ed. Apart from what's in Lost Empires of Faerun, I can't think of anything off the top of my head... that source does have a map you might be interested in, tho... but sadly, no poster map.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000