Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Karsus' Avatar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Khaelieth Posted - 05 Sep 2008 : 14:38:27
Now, I was thinking that since Mystra's dead, the ban on 10th+ lvl spells must be gone. Wouldn't that allow Iolaum's Tabra to start flinging Iolaum's Longevity and anyone who figures out Karsus' Avatar to pull down gods? There's nothing in the core books (4th ed) that would say that wouldn't be possible, as far as I'm aware.

So, let's say some enterprising evil fellow decided to use a miracle spell or the like to bring Karsus back, perhaps convincing him that this time he'll become a god, and then learn the spell of him somehow. I know it sounds far-fetched, but it does seem to me that it could happen in 4th ed.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 20 Sep 2008 : 01:39:42
-Thanks for all the praise.
Nicolai Withander Posted - 19 Sep 2008 : 22:40:01
Aha... Muy loco!
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2008 : 14:56:05
Not to mention he was one crazy kook!
Nicolai Withander Posted - 19 Sep 2008 : 14:26:28
In many warious places one can read about the possible most powerful arcane spellcaster ever, but to me Karsus was the most powerful, maibe not the wisest but the most powerful! The dude could "take" over the weave! Damn... not control it but take it from mystryl... thats just bad ass
Alisttair Posted - 08 Sep 2008 : 22:28:04
Hmm, true. Karsus could probably do it even faster....in no time he would have a new Enclave in his name floating over Netheril and "then" it would be restored to its proper glory. Find a few adventurers crazy enough to kill a gold dragon and the Tarrasque again and maybe he could duplicate his spell quickly enough to gain his rightful place amongst the divine!! (and we all know that is where Karsus belongs, as a Greater God!!!!)
The Red Walker Posted - 08 Sep 2008 : 19:41:54
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

True... damn good idea! But to anwser your question, I would say that anything is possible, but without a weave Karsus would have to start all over as a lov level. And then learn how things work now, but no doubt... he would do it again... if somebody could convince him it was safe!

I don't think it would take him very long at all. Reading Richard Lee Byers new trilogy on thay, Possible Spoiler
When Szass Tam notices the effect of the spellplague, it takes him very little time to "re-tool" his magic until it is just as effective as before. Maybe even stronger. So I am guessing a mage like Karsus would come to great power in short order, assuming he stayed alive long enough if it got out he was back!
Nicolai Withander Posted - 08 Sep 2008 : 19:21:49
Precisly... CABOOM... and then Shar and that hore of a diety Cyric, would be history! Damn that would be awesome!

Alisttair Posted - 08 Sep 2008 : 00:15:30
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

True... damn good idea! But to anwser your question, I would say that anything is possible, but without a weave Karsus would have to start all over as a lov level. And then learn how things work now, but no doubt... he would do it again... if somebody could convince him it was safe!

The crazy kook could pull it off, I'm sure. He would have to extend his life again to get the levels up. Then go and kill the shades and take over Netheril again. Then WHAMMO!!!
Nicolai Withander Posted - 06 Sep 2008 : 23:41:18
Razz Posted - 06 Sep 2008 : 05:46:08
What the ritual casters of Faerun need to do is band together and cast the 30th-level Ritual known as "Return the Realms to 3rd Edition" instead of Wish rituals.
Alisttair Posted - 05 Sep 2008 : 16:22:08
They could conceivably come back in the form of Rituals.
Faraer Posted - 05 Sep 2008 : 14:49:13
Those spells are methods of manipulating the world's energies and materials through the Weave. As I understand things, with the Weave gone they would have to be researched and crafted all over again.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000