Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 What ever happaned to Darrien Draeders Phlan WE?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2007 :  06:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Wells its almost 12 months since Mysteries of the Moondsea came out and Darrien said he submited a WE that updated Phlan but it still hasnt appeared on the WOTC site........

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2007 :  16:41:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering about this to. :( I really wanted to see it!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2007 :  02:19:38  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was and still am looking forward to this. It sounded like it was a done deal and would be out shortly after the release. Phlan has always been one of my favorite areas to explore, hopefully it is still going to happen.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2007 :  06:33:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot about it, myself... I am no fan of the Pools books; it is because of them that I dislike Phlan.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2007 :  06:51:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a little of both actually. I'd forgotten about the MotM web enhancement, but I'm still anxious to learn more about the present state of Phlan.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 15 Jul 2007 06:52:22
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  16:28:54  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Anyone can reach Darrien Draeders ?
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  16:32:18  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm kind of wondering if the reception of the book led to WOTC thinking its not worth the effort to put this up. If they have already written the book off as a "loss," they may not see much point in promoting it with a web enhancement (although if they "rephrased" it as an article in their new Dragon or as a general FR article, it would be great).
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  08:18:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Anyone can reach Darrien Draeders ?

Well met

Darrin is registered here at Candlekeep. I haven't seen him around the halls for a while, however.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  08:41:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... He's got an email address available. I'll ping him through the ether and see whether there's anything he can share with us.

Go to Top of Page

RIMV
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  18:24:04  Show Profile  Visit RIMV's Homepage Send RIMV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has there been any news on the status of the MotM WE?
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  19:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RIMV

I whined, screamed, and bitched on the WotC boards until they posted the rest of the "Class Chronicles" by Eytan (after the "Big Announcement," which was allegedly supposed to be about the Digital Initiative, and screwed our normal WotC site programs to hell). Maybe this tactic would work here as well.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

RIMV
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  22:13:49  Show Profile  Visit RIMV's Homepage Send RIMV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

quote:
Originally posted by RIMV

I whined, screamed, and bitched on the WotC boards until they posted the rest of the "Class Chronicles" by Eytan (after the "Big Announcement," which was allegedly supposed to be about the Digital Initiative, and screwed our normal WotC site programs to hell). Maybe this tactic would work here as well.

Care to do it in my stead? I avoid those forums like I'd avoid a leperous street walker.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  23:39:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They plan on giving us lots of 'Freebies' over the next couple of months in Dragon Online (until they start charging).

I wouldn't be suprised at all if they will include this in that.

In fact - I think all the content we used to get for free - WE's, errata, maps, etc... will only be availble to people willing to pay for the subscription.

I just hope it's also more then that - WAY more then that.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Nov 2007 23:40:03
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  01:46:47  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, according to the Grand History (spoilers, as if spoilers matter much these days):

In 1375 DR Zhentil Keep marches in and takes over Phlan, so whatever might have been in the web enhancement is likely out of date even by the end of the 3.5 timefrrame.
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  11:33:57  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news on this?

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  14:37:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. It's apparently still in WotC limbo.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  15:53:03  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting how this sroll pops up every 3 to 4 month! Seems to be quite an interest here at the Keep for this particular work. This will be a 'must-read' once it finally becomes available.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 13 Jun 2008 15:55:30
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  16:19:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With some of the points raised above, I don't think this web enhancement will ever be seen.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 13 Jun 2008 16:19:54
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  17:10:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

As well as to see whether Markustay wishes to rephrase his post. ;-p

If you are referring to the part where I said 'hope', then yes, I no longer have any.

The articles that were released since that post were mostly thinly-veiled advertisements...

Ohhh... and the Headless Zhent... who could forget that little gem?

Rich Baker's series is taking place in the Moonsea region, and obviously if any of the WE material conflicted with his own plans, then it would have got tossed by the powers that be (that most certainly know what we like better then we do). Add to that what others have said, which is basically just a re-cap of what has been officially stated - 3e lore will no longer be supported, and there's probably no chance in hell this will ever see the light of day.

I have come to the conclusion that FR has become a playground for a select group of people, and what anyone else wants no longer matters.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Jun 2008 17:24:54
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  18:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Ohhh... and the Headless Zhent... who could forget that little gem?

You mean the "Zhent Headless Horseman"?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

scrivenerofdoom
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  16:14:41  Show Profile  Visit scrivenerofdoom's Homepage Send scrivenerofdoom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has there been any news about this?

Fatalistically yours,
The Scrivener of Doom

"Each being has an eternal resting place that is chosen for him or her at the moment of creation. Life is a process of seeking that place and eternal rest. Existence is but a brief aberration in an eternity of death. Power, success, and joy are as transitory as weakness, failure, and misery. Only death is absolute, and then only at its appointed hour. Seek to bring order to the chaos of life, for in death there is finality and a fixedness of state. Be ready for death for it is at hand and uncompromising. Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world. Undeath is not an escape or a reward; it is simply a duty of a chosen few who serve the Lord of the End of Everything."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  17:17:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  19:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Where it will, in all likelihood, remain...what with the S(p)ellplague and all

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  14:47:22  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a shame - it apparently went from limbo to hell...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  15:21:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

What a shame - it apparently went from limbo to hell...

I've tried pinging Darrin's email from time to time, with little success. Either it's an address he doesn't use any more, or he's just unable to answer any queries about the WE.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  16:11:00  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He posts at www.enworld.org in the Pathfinder Forums. Also at paizo.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  16:52:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's rather sad that three years after the book came out, we're still waiting for our promised web enhancement.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  17:02:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

He posts at www.enworld.org in the Pathfinder Forums. Also at paizo.

Hmmm. Might try contacting him there. Thanks Brim.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  20:26:31  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He has been very vocal about what has happened to the Realms. I dont think he plans on working for or with WotC anymore...so he is working with Paizo. Thats the impression I got.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 09 Sep 2009 20:27:17
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  11:36:22  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But maybe, if we are lucky, he is free to share the material he created for the web enhancement...

Edited by - Thieran on 11 Sep 2009 11:36:54
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  12:12:54  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess that's why I wrote "if we are lucky"... But you are of course right.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000