Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Depths of Madness: Chapters 8 - 13
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  21:03:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Depths of Madness(Book 1 of The Dungeons series), by Erik Scott de Bie. Please discuss chapters 8 - 13 ("Old Friends and New") herein:

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  15:52:25  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a PM from Gruen, which he and I have agreed can just show up in the book club, in case someone else has a similar question:

quote:
Originally posted by Gruen

I didn't know if I should post this to the Book Club forum, as it has to contain details on the book in order to pose my question. I am currently around Chapter fourteen of Depths of Madness.

Let me preface this by saying that I am thoroughly engrossed... what a wonderful read. I truly am amazed!

One question I do have... I keep running into instances where I feel like I am not following the story. My assumption is that some of the parts I found lacking description or explanation were done on purpose, to keep an air of confusion that befits this type of story. However, I thought it might help to get confirmation.

One example, page 136-137 in Chapter 12, which starts with screaming. I simply couldn't figure out what was transpiring here. Nor could I figure out how Twilight received the blood mark. Was this meant to be vague? Please tell me if I am missing something, I am notorious for that.

Again, thank you for your time. Your writing is amazing and I so look forward to your next novel. Wizards would be sadly amiss to not let you write more in the realms.

Gruen

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  15:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And my response:

I'm glad you're liking it!

quote:
I keep running into instances where I feel like I am not following the story. My assumption is that some of the parts I found lacking description or explanation were done on purpose, to keep an air of confusion that befits this type of story. However, I thought it might help to get confirmation.

Your assumption is correct. They are indeed often done on purpose. So don't worry!

quote:
One example, page 136-137 in Chapter 12, which starts with screaming. I simply couldn't figure out what was transpiring here. Nor could I figure out how Twilight received the blood mark. Was this meant to be vague?

Yes! Meant to be vague.

Basically speaking: Twilight awakens to Taslin screeching her head off, because she has awakened next to a grisly leaving -- a doll dressed in blood-smeared robes, like those of Asson. The group is up in arms because someone has done this horrible thing to her, on the day after her husband's death (some blame Davoren, being that he's such a bastard). Then they note the blood smeared on Twilight's face, which seems to imply that Twilight was the one who created the doll, or perhaps that the real culprit (whoever it was) traced the blood on Twilight's cheek.

Though it's ridiculous to accuse her, at least a part of Twilight wonders if maybe she didn't do it -- maybe she really is going mad. Or, perhaps, that there is a traitor in their midst . . .

It's all part of her diminishing rationality.

Cheers

P.S. I should also note that Gestal's fingers are known to leave little smears of blood everywhere they go.

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  16:21:02  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The way I read it, I thought the doll was what was left of Asson's corpse !
Go to Top of Page

Gruen
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  16:27:29  Show Profile  Visit Gruen's Homepage Send Gruen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Though it's ridiculous to accuse her, at least a part of Twilight wonders if maybe she didn't do it -- maybe she really is going mad. Or, perhaps, that there is a traitor in their midst . . .

It's all part of her diminishing rationality.

Thank you! I'm glad to see it is Twilight who may be going mad, and not Gruen.

Gruen
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  16:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

The way I read it, I thought the doll was what was left of Asson's corpse !

You're not off in that respect . . . parts of it were.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  21:54:23  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ewww .. cool !

One question if I may, Erik. Is Lord Divergence another name for Gestal?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  22:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

One question if I may, Erik. Is Lord Divergence another name for Gestal?

Indeed it is.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  02:57:43  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By now we have some answers, leading to yet more questions !

What is Gestalt's purpose in terrorizing the group? Why does the relationship between Twilight and Liet please him so?

What is Gestalt's relationship to the Sharn?

So Liet is not Gestalt. But is there more to who he seems to be?

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  04:23:35  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about the Sharn? The novel "Blackstaff" tells us that Sharn are ancient elves, dwarves and other demi-humans who transformed into the Sharn, bla, bla, bla... Never really understood that being that I've always been under the impression Sharn were primordial, as you have written in the book. I'm on chapter 14 and wish the book were longer cause Twilight and the others are too wicked amazing.

I'm soooooo intrigued by the relationship between Twilight and Erevan Ilesere. I also am guessing that Neveran(sp?) was a follower of Erevan Ilesere who taught her the ways of Shadowdancing?

WOTC better beg you to write a series, or trilogy of books on Twilight or else they stink like a week old red snapper left under the grille station in a pool of soy sauce!!!
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  05:11:41  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, question for all : who is this Erevan Ilesere?
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  07:14:02  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should I take the honor?...

Erevan Ilesere is the elven god of rogues, thieves, chaos, and trickery!

He is one of the few deities to have tricked, pranked and upset most gods and goddesses of both evil and good alignment, and gotten away with it with a wry grin on his changing face. Helm has quite a dislike with Erevan as does most lawful powers. Even Garl Glittergold and Brandobaris of the Gnome and Halfling pantheons can't hold a flame to Erevan Ilesere when it comes to trickery and pranks.

Maybe he should have Debauchery and hedonism as his domains along with Chaos, luck and trickery, lol.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  14:56:25  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

What about the Sharn? The novel "Blackstaff" tells us that Sharn are ancient elves, dwarves and other demi-humans who transformed into the Sharn, bla, bla, bla... Never really understood that being that I've always been under the impression Sharn were primordial, as you have written in the book. I'm on chapter 14 and wish the book were longer cause Twilight and the others are too wicked amazing.

I don't go too deeply into what the Sharn really are and aren't. There's what Twilight thinks, but she's not Khelben Arunsun. There's no guarantee that she's right in what she says, and it's hard to trust absolutely anything she says. To all appearances, it seems she is under the same impression you are (that Sharn are primordial beings).

Suffice it to say that everything you read in both books is correct, from a certain point of view, but Blackstaff would be your more "honest" bet for information about the Sharn.

(My editor was very careful with the Sharn.)

quote:
I'm soooooo intrigued by the relationship between Twilight and Erevan Ilesere. I also am guessing that Neveran(sp?) was a follower of Erevan Ilesere who taught her the ways of Shadowdancing?

That's what seems to be the case, indeed. Neveren Darkdance, is his name, and he was/is a shadowdancer. (Though "Darkdance" may just be a nickname.)

She will mention more and more about her relationship with Neveren as the book progresses.

quote:
WOTC better beg you to write a series, or trilogy of books on Twilight or else they stink like a week old red snapper left under the grille station in a pool of soy sauce!!!

Now now -- no reason to devolve into such ridiculous slander.

Wizards is a fine, upstanding company, and they make their decisions professionally, reasonably, and based on all the variables. The more successful Depths is (the more praise it garners, the more books it sells, etc.), the more likely I'll be able to bring Twilight back (assuming she survives).

quote:
BTW, question for all : who is this Erevan Ilesere?

Hmm. If Twilight reappears in a future work, I think I'll do a little more explication of Erevan and what he stands for. Thanks for asking!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

TheGato
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  15:15:23  Show Profile  Visit TheGato's Homepage Send TheGato a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bleieve this was in chapter 13 but im not certain...
(I have a slight issue with retaining specific things with what I read sometimes) :P
The bit where theyre resting and Taslin convinces Liet to be a man and go to Twilight. On his way there he sees this hand and an eye come out of the wall and change the wall, then he is frozen with fear for a moment. But when he sees her it completely slips his mind. WTF? heh. How can one forget something like that. Im not buying it. Could it be that Gestal had something to do with that?
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  15:35:04  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGato

How can one forget something like that.

Liet's a really weird guy, isn't he? Getting Pinnochio vibes ...
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  15:44:47  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I bleieve this was in chapter 13 but im not certain...
(I have a slight issue with retaining specific things with what I read sometimes) :P

Chapter 12, actually, but no worries! That's why the threads are big, to give you plenty of room to land in the right ballpark.

quote:
The bit where theyre resting and Taslin convinces Liet to be a man and go to Twilight.

Did that scene come off well? It was something of a late addition to the text.

quote:
On his way there he sees this hand and an eye come out of the wall and change the wall, then he is frozen with fear for a moment. But when he sees her it completely slips his mind. WTF? heh. How can one forget something like that. Im not buying it.

As well you shouldn't, because it's totally ridiculous. Why would you just up and forget something like that? Answer: you wouldn't.

Unless, of course, you block scary/traumatic things out of your mind, or are being manipulated by a malign genius. . .

quote:
Could it be that Gestal had something to do with that?

Ahem. Could be. Could indeed be.

And considering that we see Gestal right there, it seems quite likely he's somehow involved. The hand/arm/eye disturbs him as well, eh?

And most significant: if it disturbs him as well, then by all likelihood it's not *part* of him, i.e. not his doing.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

TheGato
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  13:11:38  Show Profile  Visit TheGato's Homepage Send TheGato a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Chapter 12, actually, but no worries! That's why the threads are big, to give you plenty of room to land in the right ballpark.

Right 12. I realized that when I got home and finished chapter 13

quote:

Well it left me asking wtf? And from what I can tell I think maybe thats the way it was supposed to come off? Not only that, but I was really engorssed in reading at that point and it was just a little dark and creepy. But right at the part with the hand and eye my phone rings and I swear I almost jumped out of bed!

quote:

As well you shouldn't, because it's totally ridiculous. Why would you just up and forget something like that? Answer: you wouldn't.

Unless, of course, you block scary/traumatic things out of your mind, or are being manipulated by a malign genius. . .

Right. Either hes been traumitized in the past or someones manipulating him.

quote:

Ahem. Could be. Could indeed be.

And considering that we see Gestal right there, it seems quite likely he's somehow involved. The hand/arm/eye disturbs him as well, eh?

And most significant: if it disturbs him as well, then by all likelihood it's not *part* of him, i.e. not his doing.

Yea I remember that it dusturbed him. Which really makes want to know whats going on here!

...must resist urge to skip work, so I can go home to read and find out!!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  14:01:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well it left me asking wtf? And from what I can tell I think maybe thats the way it was supposed to come off? Not only that, but I was really engorssed in reading at that point and it was just a little dark and creepy. But right at the part with the hand and eye my phone rings and I swear I almost jumped out of bed!

Ha! What a great story. I take that as a great compliment.

quote:

Yea I remember that it dusturbed him. Which really makes want to know whats going on here!

Heheh -- what a great compliment.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  01:35:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Needless to say, I was saddened at Asson's death. But at least he died doing something heroic (that is, trying to help the others escape).

I was quite surprised, in a good way, at the scene involving Twilight and Taslin. I think that scene reveals more about Twilight and what makes her tick than any other scene in the book so far (and I'm up to Chapter 17). She's obviously quite the wounded soul.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  01:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I consider myself lucky to have a job where I can read when there is downtime.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  02:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Needless to say, I was saddened at Asson's death. But at least he died doing something heroic (that is, trying to help the others escape).

Indeed! Though it wasn't entirely through his own actions that he perished. Davoren may or may not have had something to do with that.

quote:
I was quite surprised, in a good way, at the scene involving Twilight and Taslin. I think that scene reveals more about Twilight and what makes her tick than any other scene in the book so far (and I'm up to Chapter 17). She's obviously quite the wounded soul.

That was an interesting scene -- the first draft didn't necessarily work, so I reworked it quite significantly . . . putting it entirely in Twilight's perspective, for instance, since it was originally mostly Taslin's perspective.

Yes, she definitely is pretty deeply wounded.

As for "what makes her tick," I think you'll find another scene near the end, which involves climbing . . . but I won't give it all away.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  02:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed! Though it wasn't entirely through his own actions that he perished. Davoren may or may not have had something to do with that.

quote:

That was an interesting scene -- the first draft didn't necessarily work, so I reworked it quite significantly . . . putting it entirely in Twilight's perspective, for instance, since it was originally mostly Taslin's perspective.

Yes, she definitely is pretty deeply wounded.

As for "what makes her tick," I think you'll find another scene near the end, which involves climbing . . . but I won't give it all away.

Cheers

I can't wait to find out more, although I have a feeling there's so much to this character there's no way we're going to learn everything. I'll try to be content with what is offered.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  02:57:41  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I can't wait to find out more, although I have a feeling there's so much to this character there's no way we're going to learn everything. I'll try to be content with what is offered.

"Everything"? That's a lot to ask, don't you think?

Who knows? I could always come back and explore the character more -- it's up to Wizards, and I suppose that depends at least in part on the book's reception.

Cheers

P.S. Tell your friends!

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  00:14:41  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Everything"? That's a lot to ask, don't you think?

Heh, yeah actually it is.

quote:
Who knows? I could always come back and explore the character more -- it's up to Wizards, and I suppose that depends at least in part on the book's reception.

Cheers

P.S. Tell your friends!

Trust me, I spread the word about books I like.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  16:54:40  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, between Depths of Madness and the Hunter's Blades Trilogy, we have established that when elven women loose their mate, they tend to make out with someone. Were I living in Faerun, I think, mayhap, a greif councilor located near elven lands.

I've definately pick up on the intentional "start in the middle of something," and "quick shift" style of this to keep the reader off guard. I'm enjoying the book, but I am getting to that tipping point between learning a little bit that it actually "true" and having new bumps in the road thrown as to make things more confusing.

The fight between Davoren and Twilight was definately interesting, and I did feel bad for Asson and Taslin. So, the hordes of grimlocks, fiendish lizardfolk, and the purple worm weren't enough, out villan has to really screw with Taslin by giving her the doll? That is a sick person right there . . .

I am interested to find out who the heck Gestal really is, who is REALLY pulling the strings, how the Sharn figure into this, and why the heck a city in Eberron is named after large oily black teardrop creatures with multiple hands. However, I'm only expecting an answer to about three of the four questions I pose here.

Definately an interesting read Erik, though I must admit I'm not tearing through it as quickly as I would like. Its not a "light" read, and with my wife laid up and on crutches, its hard to sit down and really dive into the book with my full attention. But its worth the effort.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  17:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your wife.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  17:49:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

So, between Depths of Madness and the Hunter's Blades Trilogy, we have established that when elven women loose their mate, they tend to make out with someone. Were I living in Faerun, I think, mayhap, a greif councilor located near elven lands.

Well, you know, the best way to deal with death is to embrace life, I suppose.

quote:
The fight between Davoren and Twilight was definately interesting, and I did feel bad for Asson and Taslin. So, the hordes of grimlocks, fiendish lizardfolk, and the purple worm weren't enough, out villan has to really screw with Taslin by giving her the doll? That is a sick person right there . . .

Yes yes. And his motivation will make him seem even MORE sick.

quote:
I am interested to find out who the heck Gestal really is, who is REALLY pulling the strings, how the Sharn figure into this, and why the heck a city in Eberron is named after large oily black teardrop creatures with multiple hands. However, I'm only expecting an answer to about three of the four questions I pose here.

Yep, you'll learn the answers to three of four.

And I imagine that Keith Baker just liked the name.

quote:
Definately an interesting read Erik, though I must admit I'm not tearing through it as quickly as I would like. Its not a "light" read, and with my wife laid up and on crutches, its hard to sit down and really dive into the book with my full attention. But its worth the effort.

Take your time, and I'm glad you're enjoying!

And happy thoughts to your wife -- I hope she gets well soon.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  20:27:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't want to take up valuable space in this scroll going off topic, but thanks RF and Erik, I appreciate the sentiment, and I'm sure she will as well when I have the chance to relay the information to her. She has a broken leg, and as such, there are far worse things that can befall a person, but its going to take a while to heal, and she isn't the type that likes to sit still.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  20:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to bring the scroll off track, but...

I've had a broken leg before (albeit in 2nd grade, when I was 8/9 years old), so I definitely have an idea of what it's like--not fun. Hope your wife gets well soon.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  22:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never broken a bone of my own, so I couldn't really say . . .

No -- as someone who's had his fair share of laying up and healing, I sympathize entirely.

And trying to cope whilst one has broken bones isn't as off-topic as it seems, apropos certain events that may or may not unfold later in the book . . .

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  22:55:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way to work that segway Erik
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000