Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Happy D&D Day
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  09:16:20  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, 'tis November the 4th... why Wizards chose this day, I have no idea, but here it is D and D day

Keep on gaming!!!

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  13:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont understand this thread.... What are you saying? that the 4th of novemmber is the d&d day ?

Where did you get this info ?

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 04 Nov 2006 13:28:58
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  14:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This year, Wizards of the Coast set November 4th as 'World Wide D&D Day'. Information should be on the Wizard's site.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Lady Morbannaon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  15:28:37  Show Profile  Visit Lady Morbannaon's Homepage Send Lady Morbannaon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy D&D to you as well :) Unfortunatly we couldn't get any of the gaming shops around here to host on but we are there in spirit :)
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2006 :  00:40:01  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We tried to host one as a Library but they only wanted game stores. We tried to hook up with a few, but... not any in our county and the Library cannot ship teens to the event.

EvilKnight

Danali Index
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  03:29:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have dropped by my FLGS, I think, but I had way too much going on yesterday. I barely even got to spend any time online, because my lady and were headed to O-town to help celebrate a friend's birthday.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  12:47:37  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I DMed here in Buenos Aires in the D&D Day. It was a lot of fun.

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  13:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played... and saved the party by sacrificing my cleric... was fun, haven't laughed so hard in ages

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  14:46:08  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happened Mace, since you had to sacrifice youre cleric ?

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  15:09:48  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warrior down, took an attack of opportunity by the semi-invisible cat to pour the fighter some healing potion. Next combat round got me...but a round or two after that the ftr got the cat...

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  15:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so who will raise your cleric?

I reccomend the reverent template

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  15:21:22  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My players (experienced group, but didn't know about the hellcat's invisibility) still made it appear with glitterdust :P, and acid burns from the acid flasks.

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  15:47:21  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kalin Agrivar

so who will raise your cleric?

I reccomend the reverent template

Was a one-shot... plus the cleric's feats were beyon crappy... the rest of the party began to make fun about my theatralics and mocked my "BEGONE CREATURE OF DARKNESS"...since it didn't work at all!!!

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  15:50:17  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alediran

My players (experienced group, but didn't know about the hellcat's invisibility) still made it appear with glitterdust :P, and acid burns from the acid flasks.

We lured the lava thing into the cistern and played firebrigade...

Note to all dungeon designers: Do never ever put a cistern near a place where the adventurers are supposed to meet a lava-hurler!

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  15:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand
Was a one-shot... plus the cleric's feats were beyon crappy... the rest of the party began to make fun about my theatralics and mocked my "BEGONE CREATURE OF DARKNESS"...since it didn't work at all!!!

even more reason to give it an undead template...like the invulnerable curst

comic relief!

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  16:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was the first year my FLGS didn't host a World-Wide D&D Game Day event. Unfortunatly, in a Big-10 university town, you just don't attempt to host this kind of event on a football Saturday. There's no parking anywhere near the store, and you can't even walk down the sidewalks before and after the game. So, despite the fact that we had both players and DM's interested in running the D&D Game Day, it just wasn't practical to host it.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  16:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halidan

This was the first year my FLGS didn't host a World-Wide D&D Game Day event. Unfortunatly, in a Big-10 university town, you just don't attempt to host this kind of event on a football Saturday. There's no parking anywhere near the store, and you can't even walk down the sidewalks before and after the game. So, despite the fact that we had both players and DM's interested in running the D&D Game Day, it just wasn't practical to host it.

Who needs football?

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  16:06:18  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Who needs football?

that is american football, not soccer for you europe-types

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  16:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kalin Agrivar

quote:
Who needs football?

that is american football, not soccer for you europe-types

I was aware of that

Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  17:40:18  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the question is still valid ... who needs american football ... or 'common' football' for that case

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  17:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahem... someone mentioned football?

I DM to my "UE" campaign here in the D&D day.
Good to the fighter/warmage, the dwarven fighter and the gnome illusionist/cleric of Baravar - all of them gain a level at the end of the session.
And the rogue played some dirt tricks in a festhall - all for the coin purse, I could hear she saying this again...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  19:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Who needs football?

50,000+ rabid fans (which is that low only because we're having a bad season). Plus whatever number of assorted students and alumni who didn't buy tickets for the game but still decided to head downtown to watch the game at their favorite watering hole.

Seriously folks. When I said you can't walk downtown at certain times on a gameday, I meant it. There just isn't any room on the sidewalks or roads.

There are advantages and disadvantages to havings your FLGS in a university town. Football Saturdays are one of the disadvantages.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  20:39:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we've discussed non-D&D stuff enough in this thread... Let's find our way back to the topic, shall we?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  21:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A fair number of posters over at the WotC Boards were very critical of this years D&D Day module. But, I've always had a hard time cutting through the signal to noise ratio on those boards, so I really don't trust much of what I read there.

Since I didn't get a chance to play or run it first hand, what are the opinions of the folks here at Candlekeep who either ran or played the module? Is it Good, Fair or Poor? Also, what would/did you change?

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2006 :  08:17:37  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a tough bugger. Too tough IMO, the other group that went through the adventure had a TPK. Magma hurler, hellcat and some evil cleric at the end. Had the characters been done properly, which they were not, it would have still been tough but doable.

The group's Paladin had a charisma of 10... yawn. The other characters had useless feats so to speak (the cleric had extra turning...and he failed turning every single turning attempt! Useless I'd say)

Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  23:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D'Arvit, I missed D&D day! That's my main holiday! Oh, well, I'll be ready for it next year...

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  13:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, one of the reasons we succeeded was because we used flanking to the max, and my cleric healed the wounded right after each combat.

Still, the characters were poorly done.

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  12:56:33  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We celebrated it with a gaming session, where my char Rannek got to shine, that does not happen so often(cursed dice!!). We use any oppertunity to celebrate, Its just in our nature! =)

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  15:13:21  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

We celebrated it with a gaming session, where my char Rannek got to shine, that does not happen so often(cursed dice!!). We use any oppertunity to celebrate, Its just in our nature! =)

This reminds me of a time when we used every opportunity to get drunk...

"Hey! It's the first Friday of the week! Let's drink!!!"

Go to Top of Page

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  17:40:30  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was not aware that the 4th was D&D day and I was on vacation from work. (No internet at home...yet) When I got back I found out 1 of my FLGS's had Keith Baker there. (Designer of that Eb... game or so I was told) A couple of people I game with went and had a good time. Guess they had a mini tourney with the winner of it getting a colossal red dragon.

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  12:33:01  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

This reminds me of a time when we used every opportunity to get drunk...

"Hey! It's the first Friday of the week! Let's drink!!!"

Somehow that does not surprice me Mace you are afterall a dwarf!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000