Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 An elf from long ago! :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  13:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,
Some might remember and others might not, but I use to walk these halls of dusty tomes several years ago. I had to take a journey that took me far away from here and I have just now returned to find comfort. I hope to find old friends as well as new and wonders if a an old wood elf huntress might comfort here again.

Hail and Honor to you all,
Avaly

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  13:24:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, I do remember you. Greetings to you again Avaly, and welcome back to Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 09 Oct 2006 13:26:30
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  13:31:29  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Avaly though we have not met before. I shall await to see your posts on the boards and pray our paths cross again, If ye mind not a Dwarven scribe to verbally spar and converse with!

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  13:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Sage. It is quite nice to see you again. /smiles broadly I hope all is well and I am pleased to see a friendly face such as yours. :)

Delz, I do not mind a verbal spar at all, but I am more of a listener at points then one whom throw words about. I can usually be found at the inn enjoying a few sips of their finest wine, but I will be there in other forms in the way of tomes, but only offering friendly advice than out right answers. :)

Edited by - Avaly on 09 Oct 2006 13:35:49
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  13:38:16  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avaly,

Well is the knowledge of others recieved.

I look forward to points of advice you may have.

PS enjoy your wine!

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  13:52:08  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
/raising my goblet to Delz with a slight smile

That I will...:)
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  14:21:07  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Ohhh If only some elves could grow beards!" Delzounblood laments as he downs another flagon of gutbuster!

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

acro
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  15:19:21  Show Profile Send acro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Avaly and i would just like to say that I too am one for a good goblet of wine when I can get away from the tomes of lore. I'm always happy to just sit and talk or listen to others and am in no hurry to get back to copying the tomes.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  15:53:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall the name... But welcome back! It's always good to see someone return to our halls.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  16:07:48  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then please put down those dusty tomes and come join me. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2006 :  19:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welco.. my word, 'tis none other than my deal Avaly! It's certainly a pleasure to see thee enter these halls once again

Tell me, how have thine adventures been beyond the walls of Candlekeep? I hope this isn't a flying visit..

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  10:54:09  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo.. ehm Avaly , welcome back to the halls. While I am no longer a visitor to the Candlekeep Inn, we might still meet in other areas of the Keep.
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  17:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good to see so many returns to the keep today.

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2006 :  18:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Avaly! I do remember thee joining the Library about the same time that I first did, and I too have been absent for some months now, thanks to my wedding and other "minor" life-events getting in the way

I still read the scrolls often here, though I rarely have time to write sadly.

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2006 :  18:34:17  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
welcome back to the halls Avaly. i am new here, see u around

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  23:09:16  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*poofs into existence in a puff of smoke* *coughs* Ugh, ack! Special effects...They kick in at the worst of moments...Anyway, kvetha fricai and all!

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  01:39:05  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I didn't make my greetings earlier when you first posted this . . . its been a busy month! Welcome back to the keep and I hope to see you around often!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000