Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 FR Lore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  02:16:30  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have been searching for quite some time now for a site that has a good amount of general Forgotten Realms information. Not to say i havent looked through Candlekeeps Library countless times, but i was just wondering if any other sites out there, perhaps ones that i have overlooked, possess a decent amount of FR lore. Particularly current happenings in the Realms. Thanks, and sorry if this post violates any of Alaundos rules.

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  05:07:14  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what you're looking for, so I'll just give you some of my own bookmarks.

La carte des Royaumes Oublies
Zemd was kind enough to direct me here. I haven't looked at it much, but it contains a lot of maps of the Realms. The site itself is in French, of course, but it's not that hard to figure out.

Realms Articles - FR Portal
This site has a lot of player-created information.

Sorcerer's Place - Forgotten Realms
This one's got a lot of more behind-the-scenes sort of information.

Defrag's Realms
More general info, mostly player-created, and tailored to a DM's needs.

Dlabraddath
This site has information on the major PC races, for D&D in general and FR in particular. No Dwarf page yet, though.

Elves of Evermeet
More information on FR elves.

The Drow Fortress
Lots of fluffy bunnies. Look at the title, what to you think it is?

The North Tower
This one's got only a little information, since it looks like all of the "books in text" links don't work. However, the HTML ones do. Nothing 3e, of course, but still useful.

WotC Classic Downloads
And in the same vein, some older books for download right from the dragon's mouth.

Hope this helps.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  08:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Worry not, Aust Grimshadow, sharing sources of Realmslore other than that located at Candlekeep (the greatest library in aaaaaalll the Realms ) is not frowned upon at all.

You may find other useful locations in the Links tome.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly