Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 1ed. Campaignsetting names for Weeks
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  09:11:13  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was reading through the 1ed. Forgotten Realms Campaign setting last night and found something that sparked my curiosity.

On page 6 it says that the ten-day division of the month are known by various names: Eves, Tendays, Domen, Hyrar and Rides.

Has it ever been stated where and among whom the different terms are used? I don't want to add to Ed's heap unless necessary so I hope some of the other scribes can help.
Thanks.

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  10:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Rides' is standard in Cormyr and the Dales, as it says there; the other three, I think not.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  11:56:24  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I thought, through the years I have seen both Rides and Ten-days used, but Domen and Hyrar and Eves I have never seen mentioned in later products. Seems like I have a future question for Ed after all; as I have three in already I think I will wait with this one.

Thanks Faraer.
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  14:09:58  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hyrar sounds dwarven to me but I cannot say for sure.

EvilKnight
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000