Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 We need another Alias and Dragonbait novel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  23:45:57  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Because three is too few !

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  02:18:55  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh huh, correct, but that would require pestering the authors who wrote the novels and petitioning WotC to ressurrect the "dead" heroes back to life and to the spotlight.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  02:20:51  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And convincing Jeff Grubb to write in the Realms again, which he has pretty much said is a past thing for him. Although he did say if he ever did write in the Realms again, it would be to resolve some of the "Alias' sisters" issues that are still floating out there.

Still, he has indicated that the Realms are other people's playground now . . .
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  02:31:18  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the FR world is a shared playground where we see so many authors writing for FR books besides Ed Greenwood and Paul S Kemp.
It simply needs a loud call from the fans of Alias and Dragonbait to get Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak to get them into the series again but perhaps there isn't enough Alias and Dragonbait fans out there to make a loud call.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  02:51:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've love to see more of Alias and Dragonbait... and/or the other "sisters"... I'd also love to see more of Cat and Giogi!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  04:19:40  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love that but I can understand the author if he doesn't want to do it again.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  08:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

Because three is too few !

Well met

RodOdom, have ye read Masquerades?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  15:57:35  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup. I think Masquerades as the third novel, because the Wyvern's Spur didn't feature Alias (or did it?)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  16:08:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I recall -- though its been a while since I've read it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 05 May 2006 16:17:58
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:02:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yup. I think Masquerades as the third novel, because the Wyvern's Spur didn't feature Alias (or did it?)

Well met

Indeed, that is correct. Something is niggling at me, however, that Alias may have appeared very briefly in The Wyvern's Spur, right at the beginning. Wooly\Lord Rad, I know thou art big fans, can ye possibly confirm, if ye recall at all?

Even so, she doesn't feature as part of the story of book two. We FR fans scream out for further Alias novels... maybe one day someone will listen

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:09:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, it would have been great, if Jeff was only up for tying up loose ends in his Alias stories, to have gotten him to do this story for the Realms anniversary. Then again, no offence to WOTC, but they do seem to miss some of these logical marketing tie ins from time to time. Then they beat things like the Year of the Dragon to death, undeath, and beyond . . .
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:12:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Indeed, that is correct. Something is niggling at me, however, that Alias may have appeared very briefly in The Wyvern's Spur, right at the beginning. Wooly\Lord Rad, I know thou art big fans, can ye possibly confirm, if ye recall at all?

I don't recall Alias being in there at all, though she was mentioned once or twice.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:13:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

You know, it would have been great, if Jeff was only up for tying up loose ends in his Alias stories, to have gotten him to do this story for the Realms anniversary. Then again, no offence to WOTC, but they do seem to miss some of these logical marketing tie ins from time to time. Then they beat things like the Year of the Dragon to death, undeath, and beyond . . .

I'm still irked that they didn't do more with the Manshoon Wars and the Harper Schism.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:16:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

I don't recall Alias being in there at all, though she was mentioned once or twice.

And looking at her Heroes' Lorebook entry I don't see The Wyvern's Spur listed as a source... while the other novels are.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:17:27  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, at least Steven's Blackstaff novel might fill in some gaps . . .

Bane's return was another missed oppourtunity as well.

With WOTC greenlighting Elaine's Arilyn and Danilo story, I wonder if this would be the time to pounce for getting Jeff to write his last Alias novel . . . but unless its in the pipeline and has been negotiated under the radar, I doubt its forthcoming.

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 05 May 2006 17:19:18
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:18:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I'm still irked that they didn't do more with the Manshoon Wars and the Harper Schism.

Indeed. Steven had such great plans... 'tis unfortunate they were never fully developed .

Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2006 :  14:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alias and Dragonbait back?

Well, yes damn please.
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2006 :  21:00:32  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too would love to see it and/or novels about the wyvernspurs or Alias sisters
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  01:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As would I like to see them return.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000