Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Stats for Sunblade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:29:50  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looking for 3.x stats for a sun blade of the Morninglord.

TIA

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2e reference is?
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:33:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery_Man

Looking for 3.x stats for a sun blade of the Morninglord.

TIA

I assume your refering to the Generic Sunblade that first appeared in 1ed Unearthed Arcana?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:35:09  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea. I've never heard of it, one of my players is asking. Is it a favored weapon of Lathander?
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have no idea. I've never heard of it, one of my players is asking. Is it a favored weapon of Lathander?

Might be, but the stats for it can be found on page 228 of the 3.5 DMG.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:40:45  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not really since his favored weapon is a Mace.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:41:52  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

Might be, but the stats for it can be found on page 228 of the 3.5 DMG.

Oh, OK. I was looking thru my FR stuff and didn't even think to look there. Seems to fit nicely with Lathander. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:52:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Appropriate or not, that's the sword one of my player's Helmite cleric is gunning for (since he learned how to use bastard swords).
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  02:08:52  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Appropriate or not, that's the sword one of my player's Helmite cleric is gunning for (since he learned how to use bastard swords).

You should convert the Equaliser from BG2 to 3.5

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  02:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Actually "Any individual able to use either a bastard sword or a short sword with proficiency is proficient in the use of a sun blade." All he needed was a martial weapon proficiency feat. I wouldn't let him know that now though. Unless you're not playing 3.x then it's all good.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  02:23:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, its fine. He already found an ancient elven Myth Drannan sword while adventuring around Mistledale (Keen Bastard Sword +1), and since the bastard sword is Helm's chosen weapon, he took it as a sign and burned the feat to learn how to use it. So he wouldn't be all that upset.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  15:01:54  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think the Sunblade would ever be a favored weapon of Lathander, but it could end up being a favored weapon of Amauntor, which was Lathander's previous aspect.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  17:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

I don't think the Sunblade would ever be a favored weapon of Lathander, but it could end up being a favored weapon of Amauntor, which was Lathander's previous aspect.

C-Fb

According to Faiths & Avatars, Amaunator was more a scepter kinda guy. And his specialty priests used bludgeoning weapons.

quote:
Amaunator appeared as a lanky man with silver-white hair, a short, tenday growth of white beard, and skin that glowed constantly with a quiet golden radiance. He carried a scepter in one hand and a large legal tome in the other, and wore the dress of a magistrate: a long, flowing, black or purple gown trimmed in silver or gold.

quote:

Dmg: 2d6+3 (scepter of the eternal sun, +1 Str)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  18:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well maybe it'll be blessed by Lathander or something. Lathander, Morninglord, Sunblade..it all seems to go together for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  18:14:01  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I can see a Paladin of the Order of the Aster, for example, using one. It may not be Lathander's own favorite weapon, but that doesn't preclude his followers finding favor with it, since it is both practical for them and carried on the theme of their god.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  18:38:26  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are other examples of deities refusing to use a weapon, but freely permit followers to use it if they desire. There does not appear to be anything in dogma preventing followers from using Sun Blade.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  03:04:36  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True... I think the Order of the Aster would want this blade along with a trusty mace at all times.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  04:14:30  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always felt that the Sun blade as being something totally associated with Lathander, even if it is not his favored weapon of choice
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  14:48:36  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you have to remember that it is a core Magic Item - so, with a few tweeks and fixes, it suits Lathander just fine. May not be the weapon that a cleric/paladin at first thinks is holy - but I think its ability to kick butt in the name of their deity may serve to sway them a bit..

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  16:27:57  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Well, you have to remember that it is a core Magic Item - so, with a few tweeks and fixes, it suits Lathander just fine. May not be the weapon that a cleric/paladin at first thinks is holy - but I think its ability to kick butt in the name of their deity may serve to sway them a bit..

C-Fb

Perhaps the symbol of a rising sun on the pommel, when the daylight ability is cast from the sword the light comes from that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000