Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Vampires of Waterdeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patman21967
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  03:36:46  Show Profile  Visit Patman21967's Homepage Send Patman21967 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This looks like an awesome little trilogy. I plan on starting this Sunday, as a backup campaign, for when I have someone who can't make it to the game. I have a question. What are good motivating factors for Neutral-Evil aligned parties. We have been gaming together for 18 years, and this is the first time that they want to be Evil guys.

I figured they would meet Dhussara in the beginning, and then she would try to get them on her side. But there seems to be very little motivation for a party of this type...Any help would be...wellll.....helpful...Eric...anyone?

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  03:46:22  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if you can just get them in the taproom where all hell breaks loose . . . getting a note from a business associate to meet them there, for example, would they give chase if one of Dhussara's werewolves happened to take a few swipes at them? Most NE guys that I know don't take kindly to being bushwacked, and vengence is a virtue for them, as long as there is nothing to loose on their part.

A better hook for evil characters I can't quite formulate right now.
Go to Top of Page

Patman21967
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  01:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Patman21967's Homepage Send Patman21967 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, they have changed their minds yet again and are going with the following
A Githzerai Monk with the Vow of Poverty
A Morning Lord of Lathander
A Mystic Theurge

Their combat abilities are sorely lacking. I may have to provide an NPC
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  06:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patman21967

Well, they have changed their minds yet again and are going with the following
A Githzerai Monk with the Vow of Poverty
A Morning Lord of Lathander
A Mystic Theurge

Their combat abilities are sorely lacking. I may have to provide an NPC

Unless they all take Vow of Peace, that seems like a fairly powerful party combat-wise for this series of adventures...
Go to Top of Page

Patman21967
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  07:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Patman21967's Homepage Send Patman21967 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
really? you think? They are really lacking a tank. I am afraid the Morning Lord is gonna be real tough, but the Melee combatants seem kinda weak...It's a backup game, so we are just going to have some fun with it...Maybe I'll turn them all into Vampires...Mmmmwwaaahahahah
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  07:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patman21967

really? you think? They are really lacking a tank. I am afraid the Morning Lord is gonna be real tough, but the Melee combatants seem kinda weak...It's a backup game, so we are just going to have some fun with it...Maybe I'll turn them all into Vampires...Mmmmwwaaahahahah

Well, the mystic theurge is one of the top ten classes/class combinations in the game for spellcasting firepower, and monks can take care of their own perfectly fine in combat, especially with Vow of Poverty. Make the NPC, but let them go at it themselves, and if they get devastated, then throw the NPC in-only then, no later.
Go to Top of Page

Patman21967
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  07:51:21  Show Profile  Visit Patman21967's Homepage Send Patman21967 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll take your advice Arivia, and thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000