Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Songs and Swords series continues....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  17:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

For those not partaking in the Elfshadow Book club, I simply had to share this piece of valuable information regarding the Songs and Swords series

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

<snip>I'm very pleased that Elfshadow was chosen for the Candlekeep bookclub, and the timing couldn't be better. I recently received contracts for a sixth and final novel in the Songs & Swords series. More Arilyn and Danilo (and Elaith, of course) are on the way. I'm really looking forward to spending time with these old friends. :)

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  18:13:44  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!

This is fantastic news!

http://www.edgentry.com
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  18:18:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to reread this entry to make sure that I read it right . . . this is absolutely awesome news.
Go to Top of Page

Igneus Animus
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  18:51:01  Show Profile Send Igneus Animus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great! I've read the 3 first ones, going to buy Thornhold and The Dream Spheres for my Christmas holidays. It's a great series.
Go to Top of Page

Renzokuken
Acolyte

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  19:44:42  Show Profile  Visit Renzokuken's Homepage Send Renzokuken a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic! Man, books are being announced left and right. I love my life.

Currently reading: Dark Elf Trilogy (FR)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  20:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been hoping for a conclusion for these characters (but is it? Dun dun dun!). This is a happy day.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  20:06:06  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, I hate to be a pain in the rear end, but now I am wondering if this will be a separate book from the one that she has been pitching about Elaith. It would REALLY be great if she got to wrap up Danilo and Arilyn's story, and also got to write a solo Elaith book.

I know, I'm being greedy . . . I'll just ask Santa for it for Christmas . . .
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  20:22:54  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, KEJR - have you been naughty or nice? The fate of these characters may well be in your hands!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  22:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We NEED this book so much! Danilo, Arilyn, the Thiones, Hhune, Kymil....we need these arcs wrapped up.
I'm over the moon, thrilled, ecstatic! Now, we just need Darkhold contracted too! Elaine, you rock so much!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  00:53:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The old Furry Hamster left at the most unfortunate time... . Unless of course, he's already read it elsewhere.

Regardless, this is excitingly wonderful news! Elaine, can you possibly share any other details with us about this future book for the series?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 18 Nov 2005 00:53:52
Go to Top of Page

Berzerker_prime
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  05:17:42  Show Profile  Visit Berzerker_prime's Homepage Send Berzerker_prime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*blinks... reads posts again... and again... and a third time. Blinks again. Picks up boom box loaded with Blackmore's Night music and wanders toward the door.*

Excuse me. I have to go dance in the streets, now.

Berz.

Berzerker_prime
Nen lend ah lalaith lim, darthol i lĂș aphadad govatham.

Gaming quote of the week:
"Why does everyone assume I have a plan?"
"Because you were giving the orders!"
- Scondora and Elara, Fellowship of the Ever-Falling Troll.

RIP Alton Goodbarrel. We shalt always remember thee for thy ability to find traps... the hard way... even when yon 350 lb Dwarf walks over them first without triggering them.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  05:55:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news Elaine. Can't wait to read it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Talanfir Swiftfeet
Learned Scribe

Finland
143 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  10:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Talanfir Swiftfeet's Homepage Send Talanfir Swiftfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

contracts for a sixth and final novel in the Songs & Swords series.

My native language is not english so I need a some help with this one. Does she mean that the sixth novel is the final novel of the series or will there be a sixth and after that a final seventh novel.

(please let it be the seventh please).

::goes to the corner and starts praying to Tymora for the latter option.::

I am Talanfir Swiftfeet. (In)famous across the Swoardcoast as "Tal the Swift", BrandobarisŽ seraph of mischief. If ye find yer shoelaces tied together while trying to catch a thief or meet a king who is angry because somebody switched the places of his chamberpot and his crown, ye can usually (try to) find me near.

If I had a halfling mother and a human father, would I be a half-halfling or a threequarterling?
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  10:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds to me like it's her final one. When I first read it I thought there were two as well, but now that I read it properly, she would have said "sixth and seventh" novel or "final two".
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  16:15:17  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic News.
@Elaine: u rule!!!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  17:02:24  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Be glad for what we have. For years WOTC was saying that they didn't want to redo old characters (except for Elminster and Drizzt), so I'll take what I can get. Though I do still hope for a solo Elaith book after all this.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  18:26:24  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

For those not partaking in the Elfshadow Book club, I simply had to share this piece of valuable information regarding the Songs and Swords series

quote:

<snip>I'm very pleased that Elfshadow was chosen for the Candlekeep bookclub, and the timing couldn't be better. I recently received contracts for a sixth and final novel in the Songs & Swords series. More Arilyn and Danilo (and Elaith, of course) are on the way. I'm really looking forward to spending time with these old friends. :)

In addition, Elaine writes this on her writing journal.
quote:
I also learned that WotC plans to publish a reprint anthology of my Forgotten Realms stories, including those published in Dragon Magazine as well as those in the older anthologies. They'd like a new story to "anchor" the collection, and Peter Archer suggested a story that would wrap up some of the loose ends in Thornhold. Here's yet another opportunity I never expected, and I'm pretty tickled. I've always been slightly disgruntled by the circumstances surrounding this book. It was supposed to be a "pivot" novel that ended the Harper series, per se, but introduced shared-author characters (Bronwyn and Ebenezer) who would be present through several novels and game products that detailed the breakdown of the Harper organization, the Harper schism, and Khelben Arunsun's part in all of it. This plan was scrapped while I was writing the novel, but something dropped through the cracks and no one informed me. This left all those requested loose threads wafting in the breeze, and readers were extremely puzzled by the "ending." There are too many unresolved story threads to treat in a single, 10,000-word short story, but I can deal with a couple of them in the S&S #6 book.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  18:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All this is terrific news. I really can't wait for this, though sadly we're all going to have to.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  19:08:42  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great googaly moogaly Elaine is finally getting the recognition she deserves as one of the greatest Realms authors ever. I am very pleased at all of this.
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  19:32:24  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Im not all that excited or anything!

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  00:46:14  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best of the Realms 3?
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  01:25:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if we'll find about Elaiths other child in the new book....

or better yet exactly what will be left of Blackstaff Tower when Arilyn finds out a certain Chosen of Mystras being hold out on her

I wonder if Cara will end up at Blackstaffs academy she was 9 in 1368 so she could be around 14-16 in the current timeline....

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 19 Nov 2005 01:33:10
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  04:20:06  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FINALLY!!!!My goodness..How long must one wait?!?!?!?Great news..Can't wait Elaine...Cannot wait.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  04:48:02  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*jumps up and down in sheer delight at the news*

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  09:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
I also learned that WotC plans to publish a reprint anthology of my Forgotten Realms stories, including those published in Dragon Magazine as well as those in the older anthologies. They'd like a new story to "anchor" the collection, and Peter Archer suggested a story that would wrap up some of the loose ends in Thornhold. Here's yet another opportunity I never expected, and I'm pretty tickled. I've always been slightly disgruntled by the circumstances surrounding this book. It was supposed to be a "pivot" novel that ended the Harper series, per se, but introduced shared-author characters (Bronwyn and Ebenezer) who would be present through several novels and game products that detailed the breakdown of the Harper organization, the Harper schism, and Khelben Arunsun's part in all of it. This plan was scrapped while I was writing the novel, but something dropped through the cracks and no one informed me. This left all those requested loose threads wafting in the breeze, and readers were extremely puzzled by the "ending." There are too many unresolved story threads to treat in a single, 10,000-word short story, but I can deal with a couple of them in the S&S #6 book.

Well met

Well the news just continues to get better and better This is absolutely splendid to hear. It appears that dreams DO come true afterall. ::opens up wish-list::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2005 :  20:39:43  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

Well met

Well the news just continues to get better and better This is absolutely splendid to hear. It appears that dreams DO come true afterall. ::opens up wish-list::

Now I believe the dreams of this modest reader are starting to become true!!! Ebenezer and Bronwyn are great cgars that deserve to be more developed... just can wait to read more about them...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2005 :  20:46:07  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like the books scheduled just keep getting better for all of us. I can't wait to get both of these tomes!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2005 :  03:23:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine, now that I'm back, I must say I am quite stoked by this news. I've been a fan of yours since I got Elfshadow for Christmas, lo these many years ago, and read the entire thing that night. I can't wait to read this one -- and neither can my sister Jenn, another huge fan of yours.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fenian
Acolyte

Japan
6 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  01:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Fenian's Homepage Send Fenian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This are indeed really great news,i think im gonna cry a little.

Get in, do the job, get out. If they're lucky, they won't know I'm there. If not, they'll wish I wasn't."

Fenian Lostsoul
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  19:04:44  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am excited about this news!

Does anyone know when we are likely to see the book? Perhaps in 2007?
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  21:10:54  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

Does anyone know when we are likely to see the book? Perhaps in 2007?

More likely early 2008. My first-draft deadline is February 2007. I plan to have it finished and turned in about nine months before the deadline, but that is unlikely to affect release date. There's a lot more to scheduling a novel that simply receiving the manuscript.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000