Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pure Elven settlements
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  11:01:20  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Which settlements in Faerun are purely elven settlements? i.e. Like Evereska was one of (if not THE, last elven settlement on the continent). How many of the settlements within Cormanthor are still inhabited by just elves?

Maybe our resident elven lore master will have this information already in memory

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  11:38:03  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I'm not our resident Elven Sage:

In the High Forest is a 'large' wood elven settlement, Reillanthor (sp?; see Return of the Archwizards for more information.

In Shilmista there's a wild/wood elven settlement; see Cleric Quintet or LOI for more.

In the forest of Tethir (Wealdath) there are two wood elf tribes with their respective settlements (Suldunesk en Elmanesse); see Elfshadow and LOI for more.

Just of the top of my head...

(ps wouldn't this topic be better suited under Sages of Realmslore?)

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 25 Jan 2003 11:41:24
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  12:59:30  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
In the forest of Tethir (Wealdath) there are two wood elf tribes with their respective settlements (Suldunesk en Elmanesse); see Elfshadow and LOI for more.

Is there a High Elf city in the Forest of Tethir called Suldanesselar or did BioWare make that up?

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  13:02:11  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is not a High Elven city, that might have been Bioware's creative license, there is however a wood elf settlement of the same name (named after the tribe)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  10:30:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info everyone.

What about places such as the Tangled Trees? How about Elventree in the north near the Moonsea? Are those purely elven?

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  15:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
(ps wouldn't this topic be better suited under Sages of Realmslore?)

Mumadar, we are thinking of closing down the Sages of Realmslore and Realms Events forums and moving all topics within to the General forum. Although it was our intention to have topics within these categories to easily locate such specific material, it simply isnt working. Many forum visitors use the General forum for all posts and many items get missed that are posted in the other forums.

See this topic by the Candlekeep Webmaster: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=482

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Jan 2003 15:54:02
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  19:35:46  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evermeet is a purely elven place, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  19:50:36  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
Evermeet is a purely elven place, isn't it?

Quite correct zemd, but I just wanted to ensure that I had a list of all the elven settlements on the actual continent of Faerun. Im not sure of the current situation with areas within the forests of Faerun (particulary Cormanthor), has everywhere been abandoned?

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2003 :  12:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should ask Milythar...she knows much about elven settlements.

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."

Edited by - Ranaghar Tsaran on 30 Jan 2003 12:36:58
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2003 :  14:24:39  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

FINALLY! Something I *do* have knowledge about

In response to the original question, a purely elven settlement is Semberholme.
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

What about places such as the Tangled Trees? How about Elventree in the north near the Moonsea? Are those purely elven?

Tangled Trees is *NOT* a purely elven settlement. Neither is Elventree
Tangled Trees is one of the few places where elves can be seen frequently, and most of the residents are young and think that they can put up a good fight. Half-elves call this place home as well. Elventree (my home) is actually a refuge for rangers, druids, artists, mages, and harpers. There are two main temples, one to Mielikki and the other to Mystra. *enticing* If you like, I can e-mail you more info on the areas, Rad. *Big grin*

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2003 :  15:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon
If you like, I can e-mail you more info on the areas, Rad. *Big grin*

I dont know what id do without you Kitira More info would be great. Which sources contain this information? I dont have my FR stuff to hand at the moment, but I think there is something about Elventree in the Moonsea sourcebook? Likely theres much about the others in Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves?

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2003 :  16:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

[quote]I dont know what id do without you Kitira More info would be great. Which sources contain this information? I dont have my FR stuff to hand at the moment, but I think there is something about Elventree in the Moonsea sourcebook? Likely theres much about the others in Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves?

*at the mention of her name, Kitira pops out from behind a book titled Faiths and Pantheons*

Haha...you'd have to look it up yourself, silly! Back on topic:
Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves had some info and from what I remember it was fairly detailed. It had HUGE history about Venom (for those of you who don't know, Venom's a pair of green dragons) and how tangled trees got that way. Don't remember seing anything about Elventree, though. I originally found out about the 3 cities from (surprisingly) A Grand Tour of the Realms. It had some info. I'll have to dig it out. Expect some info tomorrow or Monday, the latest.
Love ya'!

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  10:29:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might also want to take a look at Ed's Volo article in Dragon#267, p.80 which details some not so famous elven realms of Faerun.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2003 :  13:56:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kitira Gildragon said -
quote:
In response to the original question, a purely elven settlement is Semberholme.

It was also one of the three main settlements of elves before the Retreat. Also, I believe, the elves of Semberholme would not even allow non-elves, or even half-elves to drink from Semberholme's waters.

Hope that helps.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000