Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Candlekeep Compendium is released!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  16:03:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Please see this scroll, regarding the release of the Candlekeep Compendium.

Thank ye.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  21:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail, Master of the Keep!

Wow! You and the fellow scribes let me literally dreaming with visits to Nimbral, Telflamm and other sites. Let me thinking in a way to stay right in the law if I go to Ruathym. And the lore of my people, the stout folk!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All of you deserve it!

I think that will be just a matter of time for us see your
Compendium at sale in the Berendarr's World of Words, in Waterdeep, to our great pleasure!

I will count the days until the Second Volume...

Yuri "Chosen of Moradin" Peixoto,
Really waiting that no one of your companions of adventure discover that he is fond of human literature...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  22:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Hail, Master of the Keep!

Wow! You and the fellow scribes let me literally dreaming with visits to Nimbral, Telflamm and other sites. Let me thinking in a way to stay right in the law if I go to Ruathym. And the lore of my people, the stout folk!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All of you deserve it!

I think that will be just a matter of time for us see your
Compendium at sale in the Berendarr's World of Words, in Waterdeep, to our great pleasure!

I will count the days until the Second Volume...

Yuri "Chosen of Moradin" Peixoto,
Really waiting that no one of your companions of adventure discover that he is fond of human literature...

Well met, Chosen of Moradin.

Glad ye enjoyed the Compendium and that it will be of use for thy travels across Faerūn Keep an eye out for Volume II for more information on the Realms.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  18:32:48  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, great Master of that Keep!

When we will see the release of the second volume os this wonderful tome?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  19:44:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Providing my whip doesn't fray, we should be looking at sometime in May\June

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  21:23:35  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good, very good, indeed. This will give me a plenty of time to go for my adventures and return home before the release... There are some hints of what is being prepared for the second tome?

And so, good work to the slav... err... scribes of the Keep

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  21:26:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good, very good, indeed. This will give me a plenty of time to go for my adventures and return home before the release... There are some hints of what is being prepared for the second tome?

Well Wooly and I have our hooks already edited and sent. The Sage, Gray, and I are also working on planar articles which might have to be split into multiple issues. My talona info has finally been given to Alaundo after fighting with his email server for a week.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  21:38:14  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank“s, Kuje!!! Planar articles... talona.... wow... good news, indeed! Is someone working in something more for the stout folk???

Well, good work, and may the Forger of the Souls protect your backs against the whip of the master!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  21:54:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:

Well Wooly and I have our hooks already edited and sent. The Sage, Gray, and I are also working on planar articles which might have to be split into multiple issues. My talona info has finally been given to Alaundo after fighting with his email server for a week.

Enough, Kuje, I say! The awaiting scribes will be hammering down the Compendium Chamber door if ye blurt out any more teasers of the articles of lore on which we work

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  22:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh-Oh!!! I praise for the Mordinsammar that my bless have catch you before Alaundo“s wrath, kule
Anyway, stay calm! I will use my most diligent spell, called "Hey, Alaundo, leave the guy... he is a nice scribe..." and see if I can take us out of the master anger....

And, talking about this... and the stout folk material?!?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  22:28:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
Enough, Kuje, I say! The awaiting scribes will be hammering down the Compendium Chamber door if ye blurt out any more teasers of the articles of lore on which we work

Screams in fright as the sound of the whip comes close. "Yes Alaundo, I'll get back to my folk of the Prime! Right away sir!"

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2005 :  06:17:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Providing my whip doesn't fray, we should be looking at sometime in May\June
Yeah, those scribes who hold onto their submissions till the last possible moment should be ashamed for making the rest of the Candlekeep community wait so long for terrific Realmslore... .

Wait, what am I saying... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 11 Apr 2005 06:18:13
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  02:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another one already! Guess I better get started on the first one.

ā€œDarkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyedā€¦by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!ā€

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Another one already! Guess I better get started on the first one.

Hmmpf Not been keeping up with thy Realmslore chores, Lina?!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2005 :  18:43:07  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And, talking about this... and the stout folk material?!?

Shame cousin. Ya should 'ave a wee bit more patience!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2005 :  13:35:37  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail, mighty cousin of the north. Indeed, I have all the patience of our people. But, for a great pity, I“m stationed in a land far away of the great bards, and I have received so few news of our people... so few...

In 15 years that I wander for the Realms (15 years of rpg), I see only the Dwarves Deep, and now, the Compendium of our great scribes here... we don“t have dragons magazine, we don“t have acess to articles, news, whatever about the Realms, only the crystal ball net (hehehe - internet) save us to stay completely isolated of all. We have, until now, 5 books translated to brazilian portuguese (FRCS 2nd edition revised, Ruins of Undermountain, FRCS 3rd edition, Magic of Faerun e DM Screen)... I don“t have problems with english books, but we have to many rpg players that are not fluent in english, and for this, they have to wait for something new, and we have only one forgotten realms book translated for year!

Dark times, indeed! For this, I beg you, valiant cousin, if you have some more dwarven lore that you can share with your sourthen cousins, please, e-mail me, I will be extremely happy

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2005 :  15:18:20  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good work to everyone involved...This is what the Realms are all about.Great lore for anyone that wants to learn it..

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  05:52:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then you'll be extremely happy with the proposed articles for Issue 2. It's looking great!

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  21:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volume 2 is now out! Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  05:25:29  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*spins his computer-chair around* YEEEE-ha!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  13:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YABADABA-DOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Barrens of Doom and Despair, eh? I will read that awesome tome, and post a review soon.

Thanks, good scribes

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  13:56:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The lore for the Barrens is full of binky goodness!

Those scribes involved with the planar content in the Compendium are aiming to try and have at least one article that covers planar events for each issue.

So there's even more reason to look forward to Issue III .

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  21:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some hours later....

A very good tome, my friends. I stoped today in Kuje“s planar article, but what I read, for now, put my mind in a feverish state..

Starting with a good scroll about my people was an excelent idea , and I really enjoyed the adventure hooks!
But what really almost drop me from the chair was the great story of the Brothers of Doom!!! Interesting and well developed, deserving a place of honor in the Candlekeep“s Halls of fame!!! And I“m right in believe that the Fletch is the character of our scribe, well... Fletcher?!?

The Flora and Fauna of the Marches put me desiring to taste that bluestar wine (with a little of honey, of course! )

And the Planar Lore... well, well... I think that Gray, Kuje and the Sage will need of one or more scroll of magical wards to continue that journey

I will finish this marvelous tome tomorrow, but I want, right now, congratulate all of you, dedicated scribes, that bring this awesome work to the lights of a bright Faerunian sun...

Thank you! For the good work, and for the good moments shared!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  23:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye for the feedback, Chosen of Moradin, it is greatly appreciated and aids us in the future development of the Compendium

I'm glad ye found the articles within enjoyable, i'm sure it will make the hard-working scribes very pleased indeed

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  00:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent work all around. Congratulations to all involved!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  03:01:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And the Planar Lore... well, well... I think that Gray, Kuje and the Sage will need of one or more scroll of magical wards to continue that journey
You will find Rastromo's further journeys through Hoar's domain in Issue III of the Compendium.

Edited by - The Sage on 14 Jun 2005 03:02:26
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  22:58:16  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome,awesome work to all involved witht he penning of the most recent compendium.Your hard work is greatly appreciated for all of us loreseekers.I bow down to you all....

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2005 :  22:12:13  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, after finish to degustate that good tome, let“s go to that comented review :

The lay-out and editorial work are too much fine (again). Thank“s to furry Wooly and specially for Whipmaster Alaundo for put the slav... err... scribes walkin all the way on the right path. Yack Tundra and the other artists are going a very fine work, too. They deserve a full tankard of dwarven beer!

The Hammer“s Stroke - a very apreciated scroll about dwarven lore, Hammer! I already have talk this, but it is an pitiful fact that we have to few dwarven lore, and every time that we have the oportunity to read something more about the stout folk deserves a good celebration (including contests of throw of orcs heads!!!)

Folk of Faerūn - another good stuff here, boys! Warfletchion is a very well developed character, and the Brothers of Doom catch my eyes in the instant that I see them. Maybe this happen because they are descript in a way that remember me too much from the olds Heroe“s/Villain“s Lorebooks;

Untold Stories - What a good thrown stones here, boys! That adventure hooks (all of them) are piece of arts!! Spare more one tankard for Wooly and Kuje!!!

Flora and Fauna of the Marches - I don“t know who is the Master Scribe that penned that specific scroll, but she deserves some good reward for that good work. The article send me, nostalgically, back to the days when I buy my Elminster Ecologies... big Al, that article deserves stay as an fixed column, what you think?

Planar Lore - the day I catch Masters Kuje, Sage and Gray, they will have too much to explain for me... I want more! More! More!!! ehehe, jokes apart, the planar lore is simply state of art. The only thing that I have to say of bad against the work of our planar scribes, is that we have too few scrolls (lack of space, and all that things...). I want to see more details, more impressions, more knowledge, and there are few people that I trust to give us this... and that three scribes are in the top of my list of good sources of lore! Thanks!

Mercenarie companies of the Realms - another good shot, that hit the fly... there are few things to say, when we have a so good work in hands. Congratulations, Mr. Daniel. It is a very good work what you done.

Journal of an Aprentice Scribe - my favourite article! There“s nothing more that I can say about that!!

Well, fellow scribes, Masters of Lore, and Big Al! Thanks for the good tome. All of you can go to the Inn for a good day of rest and feast, by a courtesy of that satisfied dwarf.

Yuri "Chosen of Moradin" Peixoto, waiting for the 3rd Volume of the Compendium.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  01:57:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Flora and Fauna of the Marches - I don“t know who is the Master Scribe that penned that specific scroll, but she deserves some good reward for that good work. The article send me, nostalgically, back to the days when I buy my Elminster Ecologies... big Al, that article deserves stay as an fixed column, what you think?
As much as I'd like to see the series continue the scribe in question, Erica Connolly, has sadly departed the halls of Candlekeep for personal reasons. While we accept Erica's decision, we are diminshed by her absence. She will be missed .

Perhaps at some future date, another Compendium scribe will attempt to take up Erica's quill and continue her great work covering the flora and fauna of the Realms.

quote:
Planar Lore - the day I catch Masters Kuje, Sage and Gray, they will have too much to explain for me... I want more! More! More!!! ehehe, jokes apart, the planar lore is simply state of art. The only thing that I have to say of bad against the work of our planar scribes, is that we have too few scrolls (lack of space, and all that things...). I want to see more details, more impressions, more knowledge, and there are few people that I trust to give us this... and that three scribes are in the top of my list of good sources of lore! Thanks!
As I said earlier, Big Al wants to limit the amount of planar lore in each issue because of the fact that not every Realms-fan is also a planes-fan, which we all accept and understand.

Now, I know there's already one planar article scheduled for Issue III, but I'm not too sure on whether Gray or Kuje have decided to work on more lore covering the planes of Faerun.

Edited by - The Sage on 16 Jun 2005 01:58:49
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  02:28:21  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obrigado Chosen!

I too find myself amazed by the work of my fellow scribes. Each one I read becomes my new favorite. For instance, I was rereading JP's Berdusk article yesterday and was really enchanted by his imagery and depth of detail. It really brought Berdusk alive for me.

I know everyone worked really hard on it, so it's nice to hear such great compliments from you and the other readers. Thanks for the kind words!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  02:38:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Now, I know there's already one planar article scheduled for Issue III, but I'm not too sure on whether Gray or Kuje have decided to work on more lore covering the planes of Faerun.

ATM, I'm holding off on my other planar article. I have other things I'm trying to finish first. :) But my hooks have alrdy been sent.

Edited by - Kuje on 16 Jun 2005 02:38:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000