Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Semphar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  02:15:37  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Where could one find info on Semphar except for The Horde box set and FR12 The Horde Campaign?

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  04:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I could find, aside from those you already mentioned, is a very small snippet of information on Murghom and Semphar in FR 10, Old Empires. Very scant information is provided.

Since Semphar was once either a part of Imaskar, or at least a protectorate, there might be some more information in Lost Empires of Faerun. Perhaps one of the lucky Australian or Germany scribes can check for us, since I'm still chewing my arm off waiting for this tome.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  05:01:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

since I'm still chewing my arm off waiting for this tome.

Won't that make it difficult to read it and flip the pages?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  05:49:55  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks Brother Ezra. And fear not Wooly I have allready considered that option and found out that toes are quiet good instruments for it as well.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  11:58:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A very small 'adventure seed' for Semphar and Murghom is included in "Lost Empires" on p.71. No other information of note.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  13:32:45  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

since I'm still chewing my arm off waiting for this tome.

Won't that make it difficult to read it and flip the pages?

Nah, my unseen servant does that for me.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  03:42:38  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Are you aware of any intentions to develop Semphar in the near future? (15) years on and we're in the same situation as far as I can tell. It is surprising to me in light of the material available on Murghom.

I just love digging into the areas that have little so I can help fill in the holes in lore.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

A very small 'adventure seed' for Semphar and Murghom is included in "Lost Empires" on p.71. No other information of note.

-- George Krashos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  04:28:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I very much doubt it but then again, I have no clue what the 5E D&D design team is planning for the Realms.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  04:45:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I very much doubt it but then again, I have no clue what the 5E D&D design team is planning for the Realms.

-- George Krashos

To be fair, I don't think they have a clue, either.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  05:06:23  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

I hear more than one layer in that comment, and I thank you for it!

However, with your profound knowledge of the Realms, it honestly makes me extremely sad that you don't know.

Best regards,

quote:

-- George Krashos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  05:10:55  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

haha...fair enough. I try to keep my comments regarding such matters withing the Code of Conduct, but it is hard. I'll just go along with your comment! ;)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

-- George Krashos

To be fair, I don't think they have a clue, either.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  14:11:18  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 4E Murghom and IIRC it was implied Semphar became dragon ruled kingdoms.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  16:35:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Costa,

Ahhh, well, since I was busy being extremely upset during 4e, and still a little during 5e, I definitely didn't know that.

So here is a question for you as a designer: how relevant do you feel any of that stuff would be for, in this case, Semphar during 4e, since WotC did a pathetic mea culpa with some of their partial reversal of changes made?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

In 4E Murghom and IIRC it was implied Semphar became dragon ruled kingdoms.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  01:06:22  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a handful of things that have remained from 4E (some I like, some I don't). For example, Airspur is still floating on an earthmote and the Crintri are still gone in Dambrath and replaced by shifters, but honestly, most of it is nebulous, allowing anyone wanting to play canon to do nearly whatever they want, particularly with more fringe areas.

As for Murghom and Semphar, they were never all that well defined, so a land with a bunch of dragon kings is fine with me, but I don't care that much.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  01:11:56  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Costa,

I have to say, I really wish they would have developed that more down in that area. I mean, the lake, the trade economics I read a bit about for that area were quite cool between Semlirhol and Jurash, and just its geographic location relevant to other countries makes it really interesting.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

There are a handful of things that have remained from 4E (some I like, some I don't). For example, Airspur is still floating on an earthmote and the Crintri are still gone in Dambrath and replaced by shifters, but honestly, most of it is nebulous, allowing anyone wanting to play canon to do nearly whatever they want, particularly with more fringe areas.

As for Murghom and Semphar, they were never all that well defined, so a land with a bunch of dragon kings is fine with me, but I don't care that much.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  03:15:01  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn’t Semphar detailed a bit in a module? Was it FRA1 Storm Rider?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  03:50:22  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Darden,

Impressive recollection. I wouldn't say it was detailed, but it was mentioned. In "Event 15", it was stated that:

quote:
If asked why Hubadai wants to go through Ra-Khati, Baga Choki gladly explains that Hubadai's army has just conquered Semphar. Now he must attack Khazari#146;s southern flank to rejoin the rest of his father's army there. Hubadai intends no
harm to Ra-Khati. (FRA1 Storm Riders, p.62)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Wasn’t Semphar detailed a bit in a module? Was it FRA1 Storm Rider?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000