Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Cale or Entreri?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  19:21:31  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Who would win in a fight to the death between the two assassins? No allies counted in. No magic (unless it is an enchanted weapon, such as Entreri's dagger).

Results:
Artemis Entreri   [58%] 42 votes
Erevis Cale   [32%] 23 votes
They would kill each other   [8%] 6 votes
Entreri would throw in the towel and live with the shame   [0%] 0 votes
Cale would throw in the towel and live with the shame   [3%] 2 votes

Poll Status: Open  »»   Total Votes: 73 counted  »»   Last Vote: 30 Sep 2015 09:12:35 

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/

Miraculixx
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  20:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Miraculixx's Homepage Send Miraculixx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its a very fictive question, but in my opinion Artemis E. would surely win, cause he is a master swordsman with a lot of years practise killing people.

Erevis C. only kills when Mask invites his dreams to tell him to do so and so ...
He is out of business just to say it this way.

If you would have asked, which of the two i liked better, my vote would go to Erevis Cale
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  20:45:38  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also it appears Artemis has a bit of an level advantage, the only thing Erevis has going for him if able to succesfully cast a spell to even the odds.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  23:56:55  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say Erevis Cale, just because he can cast powerful divine spells plus he's the first of the Chosens of Mask.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2004 :  02:19:59  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does tend to be hard to really kill a Chosen. ;-)

Though I do suspose one could withdraw.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2004 :  12:14:08  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

It does tend to be hard to really kill a Chosen. ;-)

Hrhr *stab in the back*
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  03:36:11  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a hard one, hmmm...

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Aginor37
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  15:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Aginor37's Homepage Send Aginor37 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Enteri, but to be honest I think it would depend entirely on whom is hunting whom. I think this is one case where the hunter wins by default, since pretty much anyone can be caught by suprise given enough preperation and neither is likely to fail to pretty much instantly kill the other if suprise is on his side.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  16:05:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well taking away spell casting, also helps Enteri.

It depends a lot of how battle started. Also could depend on what levels both would be when they meet.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  16:38:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't vote on this one, since I've yet to read any of the books with Erevis Cale in them... Still, I'd prolly favor Cale, because from what I've heard from other scribes, he's actually a well-developed character. For the longest time (up until around Servant of the Shard), I didn't see Entreri as being much more than the Anti-Drizzt.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  17:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An X versus Y poll? Have I wandered into the WotC boards by mistake?

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  17:32:14  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sourcemaster, this one isn't so bad as the two choices are similar and pretty much equal. At least the choice wasn't "Mystra vs. Ao", which I just saw at another forum that I post to. I spent like 10 minutes banging my head against the wall at such a stupid topic...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  17:40:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sourcemaster2

At least it isn't a Drizzt versus whomever poll.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  17:52:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Sourcemaster, this one isn't so bad as the two choices are similar and pretty much equal. At least the choice wasn't "Mystra vs. Ao", which I just saw at another forum that I post to. I spent like 10 minutes banging my head against the wall at such a stupid topic...

Mystra versus Ao? Okay, you have a deity and an over-deity would could strip the deity of her powers with a wave of his hand, and people actually debated this?!?

Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  04:55:58  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol. Wooly, why do you think that I was so frustrated by this? I should also mention that the person who made that topic also posted six topics asking the same question about Jarlaxle's heritage over a short period of time...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  05:11:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lol. Wooly, why do you think that I was so frustrated by this? I should also mention that the person who made that topic also posted six topics asking the same question about Jarlaxle's heritage over a short period of time...

Lurue's Horn, what a waste case... Though I'm still irked about being banned from those boards, I don't miss them.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  17:53:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Indeed. I originally stated when the poll option became available that I wouldn't permit any "x vs. y" polls. However, I hadn't located this particular scroll until it was well underway and I decided to let it continue (for now) after reading some of the follow-up statements. This does not seem as mindless as some others I have read.... but lets keep it as a one-off

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  00:51:30  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As you wish Alaundo.I chose Entreri because as stated above, he is a master swordsman.He has fought Drizzt(I didn't want to bring him in this,but had to)to a standstill,and he has awesome weapons at his disposal.Even though Cale has divine spellcasting abilities at his disposal.I think Entreri would overcome them,and kill Cale outright.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  02:18:36  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But Vedsica, just because Cale hasn't fought Drizzt doesn't mean he would automatically lose. Erevis Cale has fought way more dangerous creatures, while I hate to say this, Drizzt has only been fighting orcs and goblins for the longest time.

Second, the First of the Shadowlord has awesome weapons too. He wields Weaveshear, a sword that even absorbed the mighty spells of the Skulls of Skullport. Then like you have mentioned Cale can cast spells, and from the Erevis Cale trilogy, we have seen him put it into good use and combine divine magic with swordsmanship effectively.

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  05:24:36  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't argue with you DDH about Cale's weapons,and spellcasting abilities.But straight up swordplay,Entreri has the edge IMO.Really I think that is what it would come down to.Darn it to the Nine Hells for me to bring Drizzt into this.For that I am sorry.Please forgive me.

Weaveshear is an awesome blade for sure,and his spellcasting abilities are a great asset to Weaveshear.Charon's Claw and Entreri's Dagger are formidible as well.But here is what makes me really choose Entreri.Cale is still finding his way with his new found powers.Entreri would take advantage of that.Because if you go against Entreri unsure of yourself.It could be the end.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  22:48:41  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you about the confidence thing. Entreri will use any hesitatance or reluctance you have against you in a battle. However, Cale seems to have accepted his "dark ways" in Dawn of Night.

Go to Top of Page

The Silhouette
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  01:08:56  Show Profile  Visit The Silhouette's Homepage Send The Silhouette a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude... okay... ARTEMIS OBVIOUSLY!!! come on... he is definately the better of the two... wait... whose Cale...????

With the rise there are boundries, those that let those boundries get in the way, let the rise become their fall.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  02:28:15  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

At least it isn't a Drizzt versus whomever poll.

There wouldn't need to be a poll with Drizzt in it. He'd woopass hands down. He did after all beat Enteri two or three times in duels.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  17:36:21  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can we please not talk about Drizzt? Arrgh... why does every poll always end up going back to him?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  18:10:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Can we please not talk about Drizzt? Arrgh... why does every poll always end up going back to him?

Cuz Drizzit is t3h kewlest!!!!11 H3 pwns j00!!!!!11

Man, that was almost painful to type like that...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  19:06:05  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  19:57:42  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

You meant:

[|_|z |]41zz17 15 73|-| |<e\/\/l357!1!!!!!! |-|15 l337 5c1/\/\174rz p0\/\/|\|z j00!1!!! 0/\/\g!!!!

*laughs merrily as she watches brains implode and people go blind* Merry Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  20:07:11  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

*laughs merrily as she watches brains implode and people go blind* Merry Christmas.

*LOL* Interesting Holiday gift.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  21:08:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
L33t scimitars, huh? Wow!

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2005 :  04:40:28  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They wouldn't just kill each other, they would strike each other precisely the same way to end the battle

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

RedStrike
Acolyte

32 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2005 :  04:48:09  Show Profile  Visit RedStrike's Homepage Send RedStrike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they will either kill each other provided they are determined to end the other's life.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000