Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Horaundoon & his spells
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2018 :  02:51:40  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've started re-reading The Sword's Of Eveningstar.

I'm curious if stats for Horaundoon or any of the magics he uses over and over have ever been published or given here.

According to the text, he is an "archmage" and responsible for the deaths of many wizards (Elves, Zhents, etc.).

His spell that detects / locates / links with a mantle (Thael'Kirra) to consume the spells of its wearer would be interesting.

Also of note are his "mind worms" which are planted into a being and then give the creator control of them while slowly devouring the victim's brain.

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2018 :  03:38:44  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds like an evil man.....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2018 :  07:21:03  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah - he's the bad guy in the novel. Still, cool spells. :P
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2377 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2018 :  12:56:42  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

His spell that detects / locates / links with a mantle (Thael'Kirra) to consume the spells of its wearer would be interesting.

And long overdue. There was how it, Overmantle of Halgondas. But such things should be less rare.
Because the obvious generalization of Evil Overlord List entry #50 is "I shall not use off-the-shelf security systems."

quote:
Also of note are his "mind worms" which are planted into a being and then give the creator control of them while slowly devouring the victim's brain.

Wasn't some of that in Elminster in Hell too?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2018 :  21:10:31  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, if I recall the exiled archdevil that had El was mind worming
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000