Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Most dangerous lands ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  04:19:49  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Which do you think is the most unforgiving.
The desert or the underdark.

Or the vast ocean along the sword coast.

Remember entreri was disciplined by the desert and drizzt likewise from the underdark.

Please share dangerous cities or any other place you wouldn't venture

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  05:23:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's all relative. If you're prepped for adventure in the arctic and wind up in the jungle, you're screwed. It's not that either is more deadly, but a lot of environs require special preparations, and without those preparations, you're toast.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  05:47:04  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It's all relative. If you're prepped for adventure in the arctic and wind up in the jungle, you're screwed. It's not that either is more deadly, but a lot of environs require special preparations, and without those preparations, you're toast.

Well, only if you ended up ill-prepared for the desert.

If in the arctic, as you say, then you're an ice cube.

And in the jungle, per your other example, you're a soggy, wilted, wet noodle!

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 15 Aug 2014 05:47:42
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  05:48:28  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say the Underdark is most dangerous of all.

Cramped quarters, no escape, faerzress messing with magic...yep, the Underdark.

In terms of places I wouldn't go? Well, if I'm an adventurer, I'll go anywhere. But for me personally, I'd say the whole of the Realms is a dangerous place. As much as I'd like to see Waterdeep, I think I'd be safer in Suzail.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  05:49:53  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The underdark isn't so bad as the other environments cause anyone Venturing in the under dark knows the danger and expects it at any turn.

But in the tundra or desert. You can see for miles around but cannot determine if that heap of snow is a yeti or just snow.

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  05:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eh, I'm with Wooly. If I choose to go to the Underdark, it doesn't matter how prepared I am. I can still be surprised. If I prep for the desert, accidents happen and I can be surprised. Etc, etc.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  06:01:08  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Berkthgar

The underdark isn't so bad as the other environments cause anyone Venturing in the under dark knows the danger and expects it at any turn.
Ah, but expecting danger doesn't make you immune to being surprised. Nor is one more protected against the dangers of the Underdark, just because one assumes anything from drow to illithids to beholders to worse might be lurking nearby.

Not that I'd want to be attacked by a yeti, ever.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  06:20:01  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good points

Is the astral plane dangerous? It seems pleasant. Is the astral plane outer space? In my readings of the realms I have rarely come across topics of astrology.

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  06:26:25  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Far Realms - fate worse than death is certain there.

The Astral plane is a plane that connects all other planes, outer space is called the astral sea I think, not sure where I saw that though. And yes the Astral plane is dangerous, you can encounter pretty much ANYTHING there since it connects to everywhere, and the native creatures are also dangerous, with a lot of epic level threats casually floating about.

Edited by - eeorey on 15 Aug 2014 06:30:28
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  06:55:30  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SPOILER

I'd love to have guen show me around the astral plane.
She has feline friends there right? In the halflings gem she brought her friends to wreak havok in pasha pooks palace. Does that mean there are figurines for other cats?

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000