Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New things revealed in Tyranny of the Dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2014 :  22:46:30  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The God Hoar, is going to be a bigger thing then in the past.

Zhentarim is turning from hur durr we are evil god follows fear us. Into more of a harper like situation . Power Broker, Supply chains, resource managers/finders, in the exchange of confluence of situations that they want a hand in . I think they might actually be smart for once.

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  01:14:33  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool. So more like a mafia empire than a goofy evil theocractic empire?

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  01:38:52  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Hoar going back to the LN version of pre-4e or are we stuck with Hoar the lackey of Bane?
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  07:19:46  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LN but in a wierd way. His teaming up with Tyr, Helm, Tor.
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  11:12:06  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the way that some thought has finally been put into how the Zhentarim would actually operate. Obviously, Ed put a lot of thought into them but that got put to one side in TSR's desperate need for disposable villains and WotC never really rectified that (although I think the 4E incarnation was heading the right direction).

I'm interested to know the meaning of the Zhentarim's new symbol. I wonder when that will be revealed?

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  13:41:49  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too like the Zhents as more of the mafia type rather than just another "evil" organization. The fact that you can become a Zhent as part of the Adventures League has me intrigued, and I can't wait to read the new adventures to see how they interact with the coming story lines.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  21:38:24  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lets see.. Black Network = Black banner

Banner looks like it is on fire or something is burning

Very Stylized Dragon or some sort of serpent

The creature is attacking or eating an object or world.

It could be with the lack of focus f being some gods thing, maybe a dragon king or two is left over from when the worlds separate. Could the black network become the tool of a dragon , and the reason they are against the cult of dragon bring tymat back, is because it doesn't want to come under the sway of the dark goddess, or have to deal with other potential powerful dragons that would come into amounts of power from her as a divine gift?

Then again could be the world serpent that we heard about during 4e.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000