Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings and question about Ed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dead_alewives
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2014 :  07:29:44  Show Profile Send dead_alewives a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone. As you can probably tell, I'm new here but I've been a fan of the Realms about 13 years or so now. My interest in FG got started by playing the game Baldur's Gate which actually brings me to a question that one or many of you may be able to answer: has Ed Greenwood played any of the Forgotten Realms vdei games, most notably the Baldur's Gate series, Never winter Nights or Icewind Dale? And if he has, what does he think of them? This question has been bugging me for a while. I'd love to know what the top dog's opinion of them is.

Farrel
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
239 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2014 :  20:58:51  Show Profile Send Farrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, dead_alewives

Welcome to Candlekeep!

I'd guess that Ed's scroll would be the place to pose your question.

Enjoy your stay
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2014 :  21:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met, and welcome to Candlekeep! We don't all bite, and those that do usually are toothless, so no worries.
Regarding your query, what Farrel said. I don't have that knowledge personally.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

dead_alewives
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2014 :  23:46:48  Show Profile Send dead_alewives a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome guys. Okay I'll attempt to get an answer there. Maybe I'll have better luck.
Go to Top of Page

dead_alewives
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2014 :  23:51:09  Show Profile Send dead_alewives a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I just did a search and I'm not sure where "Ed's Scroll" is at exactly. I'm still learning my way around. Any redirection would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  01:18:19  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here you go. Hope it helps!

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  03:17:17  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dead alewives - where are you from? A friend of mine is in a band named dead alewives :)
Go to Top of Page

dead_alewives
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  03:30:44  Show Profile Send dead_alewives a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

dead alewives - where are you from? A friend of mine is in a band named dead alewives :)

I live in Texas. I've used the moniker dead alewives since about 2004 when I first listened to some clips of the comedy troupe Dead Alewives, who are most notable for their Dungeons and Dragons skit - which is hilarious.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  03:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dead_alewives

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

I live in Texas. I've used the moniker dead alewives since about 2004 when I first listened to some clips of the comedy troupe Dead Alewives, who are most notable for their Dungeons and Dragons skit - which is hilarious.

Hilarious indeed. My father in law and I share quotes from that skit and reference it frequently.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  06:46:12  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welcome to Candlekeep, dead_alewives.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2014 :  09:59:12  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the late response, Hail and well met!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

dead_alewives
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2014 :  01:33:55  Show Profile Send dead_alewives a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the greetings. Feels good to be welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000